Needle spiking again...

Don
There were lots in Telford a couple of months ago; A bar called the Alberts Shed released a statement on it and what it was trying to do to combat it (e.g. you're getting checked if you come in).

Utter scum bags.

Man of Honour
There were lots in Telford a couple of months ago; A bar called the Alberts Shed released a statement on it and what it was trying to do to combat it (e.g. you're getting checked if you come in).

Utter scum bags.
I'm not sure any of it was confirmed was it? Their statement was more of a response to it popping up in the national news I thought.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Care to elaborate where when? It's an interesting story. Np if you don't wanna :p. im nosey/bored.
Hahaha sure, I was in an Eastern European run hoe house :D:D:cry::cry:

Went in, got a drink from some "Bruce" looking barman while waiting on the ladies. After I'd kicked that back I started feeling mad wavey, not like drunk/intoxicated wasted feeling but more just head spinny, eyes blurry effects. Was weird. I've been drunk enough before to know that it wasn't a drunk feeling. I can't remember now if I actually carried on with my "mission" before leaving or just left straight away, I just know I made sure to stay awake and keep my attention on everyone.

Caporegime
OP
The needle spiking thing is a strange one. There used to be reports of HIV positive nutters doing similar in clubs, but in terms of drugging people it seems extremely outlandish.

That seemed like an urban legend too - I remember in 6th form we had a scare about people doing that in a local club etc.. but it came from some e-mails being forwarded by worried parents. Given these same sorts of boomers are prone to forwarding anything/believing anything at face value and or posting nonsense on facebook "I declare facebook has no right to my data... post this on your timeline by X date" etc.. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Supposedly they'd also leave a note in the "victim's" pocket saying "congrats, you've joined the club, you've got HIV" or something to that effect...

Was there really a spate of people being injected though? Can anyone shed any light on that one - links to people actually being convicted of this stuff or credible reports of people actually getting jabbed then testing positive etc...?

Soldato
So your claiming drugs cant be administered by needle? Are you sure about that?
look at doctor/pharmacist interview in original thread/google, with the quantity of solvent required, a small needle and quick (vaccine like) injection couldn't deliver it.

e:interesting bbc programme yesterday about dark web & ordering of drugs online , interviewed students using it, and tested some finding they were cut.

Soldato

a number of highly qualified experts have written articles about it - there is no readily available drug that can be administered non-intravenously that could have this effect without being noticed - all the drugs available have low solubility and to get the required dose for a non-intravenous effect would require large volumes and large bore needles - it would be very painful and take upwards of 30 seconds in reality.

Man of Honour

Of course they can, youd just need a significant amount to spike someone via injection so it's highly unlikely someone would get away with it covertly. That and why needles when you can just drop something in their drink...

Permabanned
Hahaha sure, I was in an Eastern European run hoe house :D:D:cry::cry:

Went in, got a drink from some "Bruce" looking barman while waiting on the ladies. After I'd kicked that back I started feeling mad wavey, not like drunk/intoxicated wasted feeling but more just head spinny, eyes blurry effects. Was weird. I've been drunk enough before to know that it wasn't a drunk feeling. I can't remember now if I actually carried on with my "mission" before leaving or just left straight away, I just know I made sure to stay awake and keep my attention on everyone.

After your gold? In an east European whore house waiting for the "ladies"? Do you drive a fur lined pink Cadillac and were to found frequenting Harlem in the sixties?

Round here the women are so ugly they spike the men's drinks.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Somebody suggested an Epi-Pen type device but looking at my daughters you can't get in them so are there Chinese models where you can fill them with date rape drugs?

Yes but using one would be obvious and easily picked up on CCTV.

Im going down the route of, "i dont think its ever happened".

Soldato
Young people today.

All of the rights, none of the responsibility.

If you got completely plastered that's on you, no one else. Guess its just easier to blame someone else than admit to your irresponsible behaviour.

Soldato
Me also and after reading that you need to get the needle straight into a vein, going straight into muscle would hurt and have to be there quite a while.

Correct. Not only that, name a drug that would have the desired affect that would be administered this way that wouldn’t be 100000000% more affective by putting it in someone’s drink. There isn’t one.

As far as I’m aware no girl claiming to have been needled has ever tested positive for a foreign substance.

Might there be some fruitcake running round stabbing people with a needle? Maybe. But not to drug someone.

Soldato
And whilst peer reviewed research shows drink spiking is basically not a real thing

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19527282/

(101 people presenting at the emergency room claiming to be spiked, 0% of which were found to have drugs in their system)

I do think drink spiking is a thing, GHB has become popular in the sex scene again for consensual chem sex and it’s easy to see it being taken from that scene and used against people without their consent.

Man of Honour
That seemed like an urban legend too - I remember in 6th form we had a scare about people doing that in a local club etc.. but it came from some e-mails being forwarded by worried parents. Given these same sorts of boomers are prone to forwarding anything/believing anything at face value and or posting nonsense on facebook "I declare facebook has no right to my data... post this on your timeline by X date" etc.. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Supposedly they'd also leave a note in the "victim's" pocket saying "congrats, you've joined the club, you've got HIV" or something to that effect...

Was there really a spate of people being injected though? Can anyone shed any light on that one - links to people actually being convicted of this stuff or credible reports of people actually getting jabbed then testing positive etc...?

People being stabbed with contaminated needles definitely happened a couple of times in the town I grew up in - I remember the news articles.

Soldato
A few opinion pieces covered this when it started being reported again. If I remember correctly there have been 1 or 2 verifiable cases in the UK and people have been found guilty but it wasn't stealthy, people getting jabbed with a hypodermic knew about it as it happened.

Man of Honour
(101 people presenting at the emergency room claiming to be spiked, 0% of which were found to have drugs in their system)

A couple of years ago I had to go to the aid of one of my other daughters friends who had been spiked.
She was in quite a bad state and I took her to A&E where I left the pair of them and picked them up in the morning.
Of course this was a story I told for at least 10 years.
it was only on Christmas Day we were reminiscing and my daughter owned up, she said her mate was totally drunk.

Soldato

vs horror of Manchester serial rapist appealed last year ? the multiple male victims had no knowledge they had been drugged - befriended after drinking

Commissario
A couple of years ago I had to go to the aid of one of my other daughters friends who had been spiked.
Wasn't this your daughter? Here's the thread.

Or was it your other daughter who claimed she'd been spiked at the age of fifteen?
The first was my eldest daughter when she was about 15.
I'd had a phone call that she was very drunk and couldn't get off the floor (she swore that she'd had one alcopop and we deduced it was spiked).

Your family seem to have had more than their fair share of 'spiking'.

Young people today.

All of the rights, none of the responsibility.

If you got completely plastered that's on you, no one else. Guess its just easier to blame someone else than admit to your irresponsible behaviour.
This really.

"I got my drink spiked" translates to "I got so drunk but I won't admit to it".

Ahh yes.
it was only on Christmas Day we were reminiscing and my daughter owned up, she said her mate was totally drunk.

;)

Don
I'm not sure any of it was confirmed was it? Their statement was more of a response to it popping up in the national news I thought.
I’d presume the increased measures and noise of it was an acceptance that it happened?
Either way - not the venues fault but at least precautions are being taken against it.

Back
Top Bottom