**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
From that link it says Samsung replied today: At around 2 pm on January 12 (South Korea time) Samsung finally made a comment. The company told Business Korea "We are planning to unveil the new application processor at the time of launching a new Samsung smartphone." Samsung did not say which Samsung smartphone would include the unveiling of the Exynos 2200, but everyone assumes that's the Galaxy S22. Samsung also did not address why it canceled its Exynos event and didn't tell anyone. The spokesperson added, "There are no problems with the AP’s production and performance.”

Hmmm...

Soldato
We usually upgrade every even number. But the S10 has been a good phone. But they are getting tired now and the mrs dropped hers last week.. Funnily enough not long after reading about the 22. Just dont want to go any bigger really. A: it wont fit in the wireless tray in the car and B: just dont really need the extra real estate

Soldato
We usually upgrade every even number. But the S10 has been a good phone. But they are getting tired now and the mrs dropped hers last week.. Funnily enough not long after reading about the 22. Just dont want to go any bigger really. A: it wont fit in the wireless tray in the car and B: just dont really need the extra real estate

I seemed to have worked my way through most of Samsung's range that year and S10e was also one of a kind, apart from poor battery life it was a fantastic handset in a small package.

Soldato
I'd actually be happier if we get the Snapdragon variety in the UK - I'm with @mattyg - My S10+ is just feeling a bit old now and the S21 at the time didn't really tick the box so S22 Ultra will definitely be my go to phone regardless as I cannot stand the Apple ecosystem and the Fold just didn't do it for me which was a shame as was ready to jump ship.

If we end up with the Exynos then I'll take it but would always prefer the SD.

Soldato
I'd actually be happier if we get the Snapdragon variety in the UK - I'm with @mattyg - My S10+ is just feeling a bit old now and the S21 at the time didn't really tick the box so S22 Ultra will definitely be my go to phone regardless as I cannot stand the Apple ecosystem and the Fold just didn't do it for me which was a shame as was ready to jump ship.

If we end up with the Exynos then I'll take it but would always prefer the SD.

Unfortunately the new Snapdragon CPU is quite toasty.

Soldato
Rumours bit all over the place at this stage, some places reporting that S22 Ultra will get Snapdragon across all regions so Exynos might just be used in other models.

Soldato
There shouldn't be too much of a difference in terms of CPU performance, both use the same ARM core configuration, just slightly different implementation (cache size, clock speed, etc). It's mainly the other areas that holds back Exynos. Mali GPUs especially has trailed behind Adreno hard.

Associate
TBH i am really concerned about the new ultra. i know in real-world situations you most properly would not notice the diff between the two chipsets but it's getting to the point now when I'm feeling like I just want the same phone everyone else gets no matter what part of the world you live in.

From reports they had to reduce the speeds quite a lot on the 2200 chipset and (atm) benchmarks are showing that its not even as fast as the older snapdragon 888 chipsets.

I don't know what to do.

Hope and pray it's ok, take a gamble on performance and battery life etc.

Or just quit android/Samsung and just upgrade to the Apple iPhone 13 pro max and apple watch series 7 watch.

What is everyone else thinking of doing? I know it's not a world-first problem.

Soldato
TBH i am really concerned about the new ultra. i know in real-world situations you most properly would not notice the diff between the two chipsets but it's getting to the point now when I'm feeling like I just want the same phone everyone else gets no matter what part of the world you live in.

From reports they had to reduce the speeds quite a lot on the 2200 chipset and (atm) benchmarks are showing that its not even as fast as the older snapdragon 888 chipsets.

I don't know what to do.

Hope and pray it's ok, take a gamble on performance and battery life etc.

Or just quit android/Samsung and just upgrade to the Apple iPhone 13 pro max and apple watch series 7 watch.

What is everyone else thinking of doing? I know it's not a world-first problem.

I was like this with the S21 Ultra....I'm still on an S10+ and really struggling to find anything to replace it with that really "wows". I'll end up with the S22 Ultra because I'm getting bored and want a change regardless of the CPU but it certainly feels like it could be a bit "meh" at the same time. I tried the Fold but just couldn't get on with it at all - I debated the iPhone 13 Pro Max myself but again it's all a bit meh for someone who doesn't use the camera that much! I use an old iPhone 5S in my car for Spotify as BMW don't like Android on the older headunits and other than being a bit faster and super cameras, it doesn't really feel like a big gain (I'm sure it is in day to day use of course) but still - quick £1K for not too much!

Back
Top Bottom