Question for those with 7 seaters & young kids

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Are you sure you aren't going a bit OTT here? The point of ISOFIX is you do not need the seat belt. The seat belt attachment is for folk who do not have ISOFIX.
There are many different types of child seat. ISO Fix seats aren't just for babies they're for young children too, who require the seat but use the seatbelt to secure themselves in. Modern ones have chest protectors which velcro around the seat belt to protect the children's chests.

78xLUcK.jpeg

This is the middle seat folded down in the Kodiaq
Thank you :) this is a potential solution I guess, the cabin should be large enough for someone to climb over that into the back. I wonder if the X5 is similar?

Thank you so much :) I appreciate the effort.

Soldato
This is the best you can get in the Kodiaq with the Isofix in place. Seat won't technical move without the back folding forward but you can use the lever underneath to slide the seat forward. Too small to realistically get anyone in:

Soldato
Are you sure you aren't going a bit OTT here? The point of ISOFIX is you do not need the seat belt. The seat belt attachment is for folk who do not have ISOFIX.

Purely installed inline with the instructions for the carseat. Personally I think it's complete overkill but I'm not qualified to assess the performance of a carseat and would never purposely install a car seat against the mainufacturers instructions.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
This is the best you can get in the Kodiaq with the Isofix in place. Seat won't technical move without the back folding forward but you can use the lever underneath to slide the seat forward. Too small to realistically get anyone in:

Thank you so much. Yes, it is a bit tight to squeeze through it seems. However the option of folding the middle down is still viable, I'd just have to check the width of the baby seats etc. first.

Man, I'm gonna end up with a Grand Voyager ain't I :cry:

Associate
Discovery4. I'm 6ft 3" and I could sit in the 3rd row. Just can't remember if there were isofix points for middle row...isofix seats always budge out so had either side, and my wife sat between them in 2nd row...like above, the 3 seats were independent of each other, so you could fold middle down and clamber in the back. Looked at the VW Caravelle also...now that has space, but my wife said no. 3rd row bench seat, middle 2 seats armchair seats that can rotate to face backwards, with a central moveable table. middle seats can be removed and 3rd rown bench pushed forward/back to max bootspace

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Discovery4. I'm 6ft 3" and I could sit in the 3rd row. Just can't remember if there were isofix points for middle row...isofix seats always budge out so had either side, and my wife sat between them in 2nd row...like above, the 3 seats were independent of each other, so you could fold middle down and clamber in the back
Thanks for this, I hadn't thought of a disco4. I think I'm going to have to check a few of these out in person first just to see.

Is there any way I can find out the middle row legroom specs of each car?

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
Get the covers for the back of the front seats too... Our kids used to put their feet up etc... Before we got covers they were a mess... Got some with mesh pockets too at the top.. Stopped them reall putting feet up..

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Get the covers for the back of the front seats too... Our kids used to put their feet up etc... Before we got covers they were a mess... Got some with mesh pockets too at the top.. Stopped them reall putting feet up..
This. Allows them to store all their books and toys and whatnot in there as well :p

Soldato
Get a car with split seats in the 3rd row, that way you can have one folded down and can get to the other through the boot - leaves 3 seats for child seats in the 2nd row, and more luggage space on the folded seat.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
In the newer S-Max the whole seat (including base) tilts forward so there may be room with the child seat attached... maybe. The middle row is 3 full width seats too so you can easily fit 3 ISOFix seats (check because some older models don't have it in the middle, but then they don't have the whole seat tilt entry).

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Get a car with split seats in the 3rd row, that way you can have one folded down and can get to the other through the boot - leaves 3 seats for child seats in the 2nd row, and more luggage space on the folded seat.
Thanks, but I feel it would make traveling on holidays a little difficult if we have to unload the boot to get to the back seat.

In the newer S-Max the whole seat (including base) tilts forward so there may be room with the child seat attached... maybe. The middle row is 3 full width seats too so you can easily fit 3 ISOFix seats (check because some older models don't have it in the middle, but then they don't have the whole seat tilt entry).
Oh that's an interesting design, thank you, I will go check one out :)

MrM

MrM

Associate
The XC90 was never available in the UK with a 6 seat “Captains Chair” arrangement option but I stumbled across a thread on a Volvo forum where people have modified theirs to 6 seats. It seems quite simple, since all middle row seats in an XC90 are individual, it’s a case of removing the middle one and you can buy trim parts to cover the inside sides of the outer chairs, effectively turning it into the factory 6 seat option. Allowing easily access to the rear most seats.

There’s a few people in the UK who have done it, Volvo dealers not batted an eye lid. If that sounds interesting send me a PM and I can dig out the link if you can’t find it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Thanks :) Yeh someone mentioned the same for the Q7 in this thread also. It is an interesting idea, and potentially one I may go down, it all depends on the rest of the space in the car and which one works best if I can't get something ideal with default captain seats.

Back
Top Bottom