G6 or something else?

Soldato
Looking to update my daughters audio setup soon with DT 770 Pro (250) and a G6, a mirror of my setup overall.

I've come across a few options from external units to internal cards. Options are the Audient EVO 4 Audio Interface, Zen DAC V2 by iFi Audio and the AE-5.

However not sure whether to order either or get another G6 to complete her setup, any advice?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looking to update my daughters audio setup soon with DT 770 Pro (250) and a G6, a mirror of my setup overall.

I've come across a few options from external units to internal cards. Options are the Audient EVO 4 Audio Interface, Zen DAC V2 by iFi Audio and the AE-5.

However not sure whether to order either or get another G6 to complete her setup, any advice?
Hey,

I'm now using the iFi Zen DAC v2 and imo it's far better than any of the creative offerings.

I've used high end internal creative cards before and was generally happy with them, until they broke or the drivers had a mental breakdown, but the Zen DAC v2 offers better sound quality, build quality and loads of punch, especially for higher resistance headphones.

Much prefer the sound signature as well :)

Soldato
OP
What's the usage?
Just listening music, or gaming/movies?

All of the mentioned.

Hey,

I'm now using the iFi Zen DAC v2 and imo it's far better than any of the creative offerings.

I've used high end internal creative cards before and was generally happy with them, until they broke or the drivers had a mental breakdown, but the Zen DAC v2 offers better sound quality, build quality and loads of punch, especially for higher resistance headphones.

Might update my setup at some point if this falls on sale. Just purchased a G6 on B Stock direct with Creative.

Soldato
OP
Hey,

I've been thinking hard about replacing my G6 for the iFi Zen DAC v2. I'm using the DT 770 Pro (250) would it be a vast improvement over the G6? Also, how do you have yours powered as I've noticed it can use either USB/AC or both?

Man of Honour
I've been thinking hard about replacing my G6 for the iFi Zen DAC v2. I'm using the DT 770 Pro (250) would it be a vast improvement over the G6? Also, how do you have yours powered as I've noticed it can use either USB/AC or both?

For me it was, I've not used the G6 specifically but as I mentioned above I've used recent high end creative cards which I'm assuming would be very similar?

It has loads of punch, and everything sonically sounded so much better.

I'm using it on a laptop so it's only bus powered at the moment but if I was to use it at a desk then I'd definitely have it AC powered.

Associate
@Space Monkey Hi, just wondered did you ever get the Fiio K5 Pro, and then changed that to the iFi Zan DAC?

I'm currently still rocking a K5 Pro for desktop use with speakers and headphones and the SBX G6 for portable/console use.

I remember doing a listening test between my old and new DAC/AMPs (X7, K5 Pro & G6) and tbh there isn't a lot in it (all processing on the Creative ones switched off). My K5 has a warmer sound though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom