• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Soldato
I can't help but think that the main reason to launch the 3090ti is so that NV can compare it against their next gen cards when the time comes, to make the price/performance look better rather than worse.
Prophecy for next launch.
"3090ti performance at only $700, that's a saving of over $1300. The more you buy, the more you save"- leather jacket man

IMO, they launched it so on paper, it's better than the 6900XT. The AMD card, with driver optimisations, has been gaining ground on the 3090 and in some instances beating it handily now. The 3090Ti is to get that 5% more that will put it top of review charts again.

Soldato

If it would have come with more VRAM I would have been all over 2 of them in SLI/NVLINK, as they are nothing more than a 3090 spec with 2.5% to max 5% more performance in real world, therefore I have zero interest in it and really would be better off waiting for A6000 to be sold second hand for their 48GB VRAM on each card, but we know how that will go in the future too with silly second hand prices again and the fake msrps on the 40 series and rdna 3 cards again, I'm out for 5 years now at least and not playing this game anymore, next time if gaming cards are silly money I will just get a A series quadro class card and call it quits as these gaming cards are now getting near the price of pro cards in real world prices.

Also I suspect this card will start at $1999.99 MSRP for the FE and then we know what AIBS will cost +$1000-$1500 added on and then the ASUS tax of + 30% too compared to other AIBS.:rolleyes:

Associate
RTX 3090 Ti production halted lol

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8399...halted-trouble-in-silicon-paradise/index.html

Videocardz also:

we have reached out to our sources that have already confirmed that this is indeed true. According to them, there are issues with both the BIOS and hardware. The details are not yet known, so it is unclear if board partners will be required to revise the boards that were already made or they need to wait for a solution from NVIDIA. In any case, we will provide an update on this situation as soon as we learn more.

Soldato
RTX 3090 Ti production halted lol

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8399...halted-trouble-in-silicon-paradise/index.html

Videocardz also:

we have reached out to our sources that have already confirmed that this is indeed true. According to them, there are issues with both the BIOS and hardware. The details are not yet known, so it is unclear if board partners will be required to revise the boards that were already made or they need to wait for a solution from NVIDIA. In any case, we will provide an update on this situation as soon as we learn more.

I'm still calling it a paper launch and they were never going to sell them (if they do the 3090 will go EOL and again to raise the msrp of 90 class) and only in the hands of reviewers just to raise the MSRP so when the next gen 40 series comes out, it will look like normal current pricing. The 12GB 3080 is basically warming up all future 4080 owners that the 4080 will start at $999 fake msrp and sell for much more on the street. They finally have done what they wanted to do to sell a future mid range chip 104 class at $999, yes I know 3080 is on 102, that's because AMD made them move the cards up a tier, 40 series will be back to how it was 104 80 class cards and 80Ti & Titan on the 102 chips, so $1200-$1500+ msrp for a Ti version & $2500-$3000 Titan versions.

Also 4090 I doubt will happen and will be back to Titan cards on them models. Again we have to thank AMD for the 3090 this time.

Next time when the 4080 is introduced Jensen will say look $1000 start msrp for a card 1% faster than a 3090Ti at msrp of $1999. look wow half the price and with of course half the VRAM but he will gloss over that like he did with the 3070 compared to the 2080ti...:cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still calling it a paper launch and they were never going to sell them (if they do the 3090 will go EOL and again to raise the msrp of 90 class) and only in the hands of reviewers just to raise the MSRP so when the next gen 40 series comes out, it will look like normal current pricing. The 12GB 3080 is basically warming up all future 4080 owners that the 4080 will start at $999 fake msrp and sell for much more on the street. They finally have done what they wanted to do to sell a future mid range chip 104 class at $999, yes I know 3080 is on 102, that's because AMD made them move the cards up a tier, 40 series will be back to how it was 104 80 class cards and 80Ti & Titan on the 102 chips, so $1200-$1500+ msrp for a Ti version & $2500-$3000 Titan versions.

Also 4090 I doubt will happen and will be back to Titan cards on them models. Again we have to thank AMD for the 3090 this time.

Next time when the 4080 is introduced Jensen will say look $1000 start msrp for a card 1% faster than a 3090Ti at msrp of $1999. look wow half the price and with of course half the VRAM but he will gloss over that like he did with the 3070 compared to the 2080ti...:cry:

Making a Titan depends on how Nvidia positions the stack. For this generation they pushed all cards up one tier and that pushed the Titan off a cliff into no man's land. For next genbthey need to pull everything back one tier - that means the 4080 cannot use the top of the line AD102 silicon it needs to be built using AD104 so that AD102 is kept just for the Titan and later the 4080ti

Soldato
Making a Titan depends on how Nvidia positions the stack. For this generation they pushed all cards up one tier and that pushed the Titan off a cliff into no man's land. For next genbthey need to pull everything back one tier - that means the 4080 cannot use the top of the line AD102 silicon it needs to be built using AD104 so that AD102 is kept just for the Titan and later the 4080ti

Exactly. Also they will all come with a lovely new MSRP...

Soldato
Nvidia maybe forced to use the 102 for the 4080 if AMD are strong again which is looking likely but no doubt they will make it more profitable this time with a higher price tag.

Soldato
I get that every new process gets more expensive but how long can this go on for? Are there really enough gamers with that much money?

Every time I see a 3090 or expensive AIB go up for sale well over a grand on the members market it just looks like buyers remorse, and I can't imagine anyone buying the card at those prices...

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I get that every new process gets more expensive but how long can this go on for? Are there really enough gamers with that much money?

Every time I see a 3090 or expensive AIB go up for sale well over a grand on the members market it just looks like buyers remorse, and I can't imagine anyone buying the card at those prices...

I think people are overestimating the demand next gen. As even on here quite a large % of enthusiasts have landed one, some more than one. You even had a proportion sell on their card to the high street pawn shop for profit. With people being very cheesed off this gen and taking a long time to own one, I would comfortably say the next release will be like Turing was - where polaris owners were like 'no way mate' and a lull occurred. To cement this prediction, if there was a crypto bomb out or major recession forcing people to crap their pants, it will flood the market again.

Most people even 'gamers' dont upgrade every gen. If everyone and their granny has a current gen card due to demand, they wont 'need' the 40 series as much as people make out.

Soldato
I think people are overestimating the demand next gen. As even on here quite a large % of enthusiasts have landed one, some more than one. You even had a proportion sell on their card to the high street pawn shop for profit. With people being very cheesed off this gen and taking a long time to own one, I would comfortably say the next release will be like Turing was - where polaris owners were like 'no way mate' and a lull occurred. To cement this prediction, if there was a crypto bomb out or major recession forcing people to crap their pants, it will flood the market again.

Most people even 'gamers' dont upgrade every gen. If everyone and their granny has a current gen card due to demand, they wont 'need' the 40 series as much as people make out.

My titan x pascal was great, but i upgraded because I could do so for ~ £200, but if that wasn't the case I'd have happily hung onto it. my 3080 is blinding for h264 encoding as well so it's worth the outlay for work too, but yeah with bf2042 and cp2077 being duds I'll be sitting pretty for a few years and not upgrading

Soldato

Most people I've seen go for the 3090s have bought an FE model so I have no clue who the people are which are buying the 2.5k AIB versions.

Back
Top Bottom