*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
574861_1642171714214.png

Associate
Remember BF4 was so rife with cheats that dice later put flir optics in the game to even things up.
But yeh it's funny that the cheat company is withdrawing support because no one is playing

Associate
no one is playing
I mean this just isn’t true is it.

This new obsession with looking at Steam player counts is proper strange.

This game was in PlayStation’s top sellers for December. It exists on 3 different stores on PC, matchmaking takes about 2 seconds to get a game - which is quicker than how long it takes me to get a Warzone lobby right now.

Associate
I can't put a number on the amount of time's I've died when furiously hitting the spacebar for parachute due to input lag. Ridiculous! :D

Oh dude you’re telling me. That is definitely the most frustrating one. Then there’s not getting a grenade out when you press the button, or lag when scrolling through weapons. All maddening.

Soldato
Oh dude you’re telling me. That is definitely the most frustrating one. Then there’s not getting a grenade out when you press the button, or lag when scrolling through weapons. All maddening.

Yeah, the weapons switch can be brutal if you’re carrying a launcher and need to switch to primary. I can kinda live with that, infuriating as it is. The deployment of chutes though… it’s as if certain controls are given a lower priority. I never have noticeable input lag with shooting or movement.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I mean this just isn’t true is it.

This new obsession with looking at Steam player counts is proper strange.

This game was in PlayStation’s top sellers for December. It exists on 3 different stores on PC, matchmaking takes about 2 seconds to get a game - which is quicker than how long it takes me to get a Warzone lobby right now.
This is accurate, just for reference when BF4 was released it had more players on PS3 alone than on PC. I never have a problem finding a game. The BF haters really need to get a counselor or something.

Caporegime
This is accurate, just for reference when BF4 was released it had more players on PS3 alone than on PC. I never have a problem finding a game. The BF haters really need to get a counselor or something.

The game is playable and you can have a little bit of fun with it but it's lightyears away from BF3 and patched BF4 days, even with nostalgia accounted for. I don't think there are many people who hate BF on the whole, they just despise what EA/Dice have turned the franchise into.

Associate
The game is playable and you can have a little bit of fun with it but it's lightyears away from BF3 and patched BF4 days, even with nostalgia accounted for. I don't think there are many people who hate BF on the whole, they just despise what EA/Dice have turned the franchise into.
To play devil's advocate here... Is it not up to EA/Dice to decide what they want to do with it?

I definitely think that this game has flaws and there are things that need adding/removing or adjusting but some people are acting like EA/Dice came round their house promising pizza and beers - then instead slapped their mum and ****** in the fridge.

Associate
This is almost a same repeat to Quake Champions in a much smaller scale. It was rough in 2017 and they started getting the game in a much better shape by 2020/21 but by the time that happened, the ship had sailed. I see many twitch streamers waiting and waiting to get games. Some days viewers in the Quake Champions category are under 10 viewers some nights.

Considering Quake Champions gets pushed under E-Sports. Only time you get a spike of viewers is when pro's are on. Any other time you see many streams sitting in queues trying to find players.

Yeah, champions never fixed simple sound issues that kept the majority of us quake live/3 players from bothering to change over to it. They also didn't bring in the most popular game modes until years later, trying to force their own new modes on you which mostly failed when tested in quake live years before. Then Diabotical came along and make the same mistake with the game modes on launch. Diabotical team sizes were also too small, 3v3 ctf was too much for new players - at least when you had 5v5 or 6v6 public games not everyone needed to be any good. Hopefully someone will get it right soon.

2042 needs to add a proper score board already for one.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah, champions never fixed simple sound issues that kept the majority of us quake live/3 players from bothering to change over to it. They also didn't bring in the most popular game modes until years later, trying to force their own new modes on you which mostly failed when tested in quake live years before. Then Diabotical came along and make the same mistake with the game modes on launch. Diabotical team sizes were also too small, 3v3 ctf was too much for new players - at least when you had 5v5 or 6v6 public games not everyone needed to be any good. Hopefully someone will get it right soon.

They did that in Quake Champions at one point as well. They removed K/D ratio for many months and it got a backlash that it eventually was restored.

So many game companies faff about with stuff that people don't ask to be changed, yet they don't fix major issues that so many complain about or majorly broken things. Yet developers call the gamers toxic for it.

Man of Honour

3v3 CTF unless messing around with friends is just LOL - though for some reason CTF has never been that big in the Euro scene compared to the US - back in the peak of Quake 3 there used to be EU/UK TDM servers full for days but only a small number of populated CTF servers like xs4all.

Back
Top Bottom