Receiving refurbished item when sold as new (Not OCUK)

Associate
Ok, bit of a pain in my side this one and certainly a lesson learned but I bought a difficult(ish) item of pc hardware from somewhere (older model being phased out) at the end of November, the item as far as I can see was sold as a new item, no mention on the page of refurbishment.

Well, more fool me, when it came, it was sealed and was going to be a gift for someone so i kind of just plonked it somewhere until I knew we were going to see them.

Fast forward to today because at the weekend we are going to see the gift receiver, I pick up the item take a closer look and see what looks like some carefully placed clear tape that does not look like official manufacturer packaging, so I take a quick look inside and the part has been marked up, has been used is dusty both sides and is clearly not new.

So I have emailed the company and they're offering so far a £10 refund and saying it was a refurbished item in A1 (as new) condition.

I've told them that 1. Nothing said on the page that it was refurbished and 2. This is not in "as new" condition anyway.

So the question is what are my consumer rights in this instance please? Item value was £60

Soldato
I think the amount of elapsed time that has passed has now left you with no options. You'd only be able to return if faulty.

£10 off a £60 item is fairly generous. That's about 17% off. I suppose it comes down to how much use the item had.

Associate
£10 off a £60 item is fairly generous. That's about 17% off. I suppose it comes down to how much use the item had.
That's a good deal based on what you paid. 17% or so is a better than what a refurb gpu regardless of age would sell for in today's market. Check to make sure it works and except the part refund :)

Back
Top Bottom