Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I've preordered aswell but in my excitement I've been trawling forums regarding the black screen issues and come across the following on a LTT Forum

"I think I might have it figured out.
In the monitors settings, you can chose if you want to use DP1.2, DP1.4 or DP1.4(dsc).
I've changed it from DP1.4(dsc) down to DP1.4 and im testing out now to see if i causes and problems still.
One positive thing so far, is that the 4k/120hz option is appearing now without the need for a custom resolution profile.... So I am keeping my fingers crossed and doing some tests now to confirm if this has sorted it."
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1350211-lg-27gp950-causing-issues/

I wonder if this is a fix anyone here has tried?

Soldato
I've preordered aswell but in my excitement I've been trawling forums regarding the black screen issues and come across the following on a LTT Forum

"I think I might have it figured out.
In the monitors settings, you can chose if you want to use DP1.2, DP1.4 or DP1.4(dsc).
I've changed it from DP1.4(dsc) down to DP1.4 and im testing out now to see if i causes and problems still.
One positive thing so far, is that the 4k/120hz option is appearing now without the need for a custom resolution profile.... So I am keeping my fingers crossed and doing some tests now to confirm if this has sorted it."
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1350211-lg-27gp950-causing-issues/

I wonder if this is a fix anyone here has tried?

This is the work around I have been running for a few months now without a black screen.

DSC disabled over displayport 4k 120hz everything else works
It's just a shame I bought a monitor 144hz or even 160hz and can not use it.

LG customer support has been shocking, like the worst I have dealt with.
Blame the user, don't have a clue about the hardware and then when you send them proof of LG finally acknowledge they is an issue reported by Canada LG firmware is coming UK LG says it might not come to UK market.

Honestly I couldn't recommend LG to anybody.

Associate
I Think NVIDIA fixt it same here no black screen anymore !!! support LG 0 points :) tx support nvidia !! driver v511.23 14/01/2022

nop i still got 1 backscreen after playing the serveral hours , but just one time the whole day

Last edited:
Associate
Hi I’ve been watching this thread for a while and just had a question, do the blacks screen issue still occur when you set the resolution to 1440p at 144hz or even 160hz or is it just 4k at 144hz the issue occurs?

Associate
This is the work around I have been running for a few months now without a black screen.

DSC disabled over displayport 4k 120hz everything else works
It's just a shame I bought a monitor 144hz or even 160hz and can not use it.

LG customer support has been shocking, like the worst I have dealt with.
Blame the user, don't have a clue about the hardware and then when you send them proof of LG finally acknowledge they is an issue reported by Canada LG firmware is coming UK LG says it might not come to UK market.

Honestly I couldn't recommend LG to anybody.

I've got the 27gp850, and after hearing the great reviews on YouTube decided to hunt this monitor down . Hoping they find a permanent fix by the time I get mine otherwise its 120hz

Associate
I've just had a further response from the team at Overclockers to say that they do monitor pre-orders and limit the stock if they believe their stock allocation is going to change or be limited. At the moment they have enough to cover the pre-orders they have currently based on what they are expecting to receive in early Feb. By the sounds of it they are all over this, and other than not being able to guarantee what they are getting supplied, they will do their best to keep customers up to date. So far really good responses from them so looking forward to hopefully getting a monitor when they have them.

Associate
I've just had a further response from the team at Overclockers to say that they do monitor pre-orders and limit the stock if they believe their stock allocation is going to change or be limited. At the moment they have enough to cover the pre-orders they have currently based on what they are expecting to receive in early Feb. By the sounds of it they are all over this, and other than not being able to guarantee what they are getting supplied, they will do their best to keep customers up to date. So far really good responses from them so looking forward to hopefully getting a monitor when they have them.

I was told they should be receiving them around the 11th of Feb. So hopefully we should have them the following week

Associate

That’s great news! Really reassured now. I did a web note thing to them yesterday, not heard back yet. But feel better about the replies you’ve had!

Associate
Running into a problem with hdmi 120hz. DSR 8k desktop is stuck at 60hz. For DSRx4 Oblivion, I need to have desktop at 8k for everything to render correctly. But then panel is stuck at 60z. Here's to hoping LG comes through with their promise...

Associate
They are pretty good at responding, I think they will reply to you early next week.

Just received an email back from them, I’ve been told we should expect our orders to be shipped w/c 14th Feb. Hopefully that happens as that’s not too long to wait at all!

OcUK Staff
OP
I'm unable to order this from an Ireland address!

Sorry we have had to restirict many high value items to mainland only as getting the units back if RMA is required is proving extremely fraught. We often just dont get the item back and have to refund anyway.

Also lots of Customers refusing to pay the VAT when the item arrives as per new customs regs. Then we can't get the item back and the customer doesn't have their item.

IMPORTANT INFO:

We've now sold out the first allocation ETA 11/02

We still have units left on the allocation ETA 28/02

Back
Top Bottom