God of War

Man of Honour
VRAM, not system ram issues. It's eating 15+GB on people's systems then crashing.
So do I and 24gb of vram but still got a crash.

Ah..I only have 8gb of VRAM. Wonder whats causing it. I'm always so lucky with games, hardly any game has any technical issues on my system. No idea why but time and time again in various games people encounter problems and mine simply runs fine each time

Soldato
Ah..I only have 8gb of VRAM. Wonder whats causing it. I'm always so lucky with games, hardly any game has any technical issues on my system. No idea why but time and time again in various games people encounter problems and mine simply runs fine each time
lot of reason for this

Drivers
OS
Software installed
SEttings used in game

it could be somthing as silly as NON DLSS users are hitting memory issues or Most left motion blur/film grain on & you have it off for example.

Man of Honour
lot of reason for this

Drivers
OS
Software installed
SEttings used in game

it could be somthing as silly as NON DLSS users are hitting memory issues or Most left motion blur/film grain on & you have it off for example.

Yup, like I say, its just something I am always very lucky with. I just dont seem to get any major technical problems with games whereas I constantly see other people with games having troubles. Literally hundreds of games in the course of a year and I barely have a technical issue with any of them. I guess my PC must just be super honed :D

Soldato
So I messed about with the camera settings and have got a decent mouse feeling now its still not perfect and even the dev team have now said to be looking into it. Another setting I normally turn off in games is motion blur but for this game, I have switched it back on and I actually think it plays better with it on.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1593500/discussions/1/3202622816419140211/

Soldato
Yup, like I say, its just something I am always very lucky with. I just dont seem to get any major technical problems with games whereas I constantly see other people with games having troubles. Literally hundreds of games in the course of a year and I barely have a technical issue with any of them. I guess my PC must just be super honed :D
whats your spec?

i geberally find its either super low end or super high end users have issues but medium guys are always good3

Man of Honour
whats your spec?

i geberally find its either super low end or super high end users have issues but medium guys are always good3

That could explain it, I imagine that my rig would qualify as being in the "medium" bracket that you mention. 32gb ram, gtx1080, ryzen 7 3700x, win10, I play in 1440

Soldato
That could explain it, I imagine that my rig would qualify as being in the "medium" bracket that you mention. 32gb ram, gtx1080, ryzen 7 3700x, win10, I play in 1440
possibly, i find The below a good guide

Low Spec - issues as Min spec on games are terrible, and generally background tasks hurt gaming perf
Medium Spec - They know their limits & respect there hardware wont Give them Every setting at max but play at medium/high on common res
HIgh Spec - are un realstic generally and Want Everything High+ with 60-90FPS even at 4K (they generally think everything should be as good as doom for optmisation.

id say your medium to high
3700x is pretty high
32gb ram is pretty high
1080 is medium now days :)

Soldato
I always find it amusing comparing mirror threads of a pc vs console version of a game.

PC version - thread full of issues, optimisation, drivers, specs. Little or nothing shared about actual gameplay.

Console - pretty entirely gameplay and story related discussions.

The game is a masterpiece. Hope you guys actually come around to enjoying it :p

Associate
I always find it amusing comparing mirror threads of a pc vs console version of a game.

PC version - thread full of issues, optimisation, drivers, specs. Little or nothing shared about actual gameplay.

Console - pretty entirely gameplay and story related discussions.

The game is a masterpiece. Hope you guys actually come around to enjoying it :p
Masterpiece: it's that good? Have my finger hovering over the purchase button...

Associate
I’m really pleased with this so far. I’ve had a couple of crashes, 2 stating no available memory. Hopefully patched soon.

as a port, it looks fantastic and aside of the couple of crashes, runs superbly on Ultra (specs in sig) The game world is fantastic, at times opulent and the scale is handled really well. It’s often breathtaking. I like that exploration is also encouraged too. Very pleased to see ultra wide so well supported too.

I do wish I had not watched a complete play through about 18 months ago so I’m aware of the story, but it’s still really enjoyable as it’s so well acted and voiced.

Soldato
Masterpiece: it's that good? Have my finger hovering over the purchase button...

Depends what you normally play. The story, voice acting (chris judge) and gameplay loop just works. Lots of recent bloated open world games. This has the right balance of 'open world' with a light hand to guide you through the main event. Optional side quests. The perfect length and doesn't outstay it's welcome.

Back
Top Bottom