Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [14th - 19th January 2022]

Man of Honour
I don't want to get into another protracted debate about Sancho, but I do think he's a very gifted player even if we aren't seeing it.

He's one of these players who might fit well into Man City's system for example. He's not fast enough to be an out and out winger, he's more of a wide playmaker - not something that will work at Man Utd at the moment.

Since he joined, our team has been very disjointed, and nobody is playing very well, so it's a difficult time for him to settle in. He was used to a very clear system at Dortmund, and there's no sign of that here.

That said, the longer this goes on, the more of a problem it will become, he has been very poor.

Caporegime
Martial "didn't want to be in the squad today". Disgraceful.

He shouldn't even be in the squad, he's asked to leave just let him leave. Rangnick is just trying to deflect from the result. The audacity of complaining that a player didn't want to travel and sit on a bench for 90 mins while there is no scenario in which you'd put him on the pitch. Just let everyone who doesn't want to be here leave, it's pointless keeping them.

Soldato
I don't want to get into another protracted debate about Sancho, but I do think he's a very gifted player even if we aren't seeing it.

He's one of these players who might fit well into Man City's system for example. He's not fast enough to be an out and out winger, he's more of a wide playmaker - not something that will work at Man Utd at the moment.

Since he joined, our team has been very disjointed, and nobody is playing very well, so it's a difficult time for him to settle in. He was used to a very clear system at Dortmund, and there's no sign of that here.

That said, the longer this goes on, the more of a problem it will become, he has been very poor.
That's a very balanced and generous position. Let's hope you are right however for context look at what we saw from Elanga today. Sancho hasn't offered anything more than we got from Dan James and that's saying something. He doesn't have the demeanour of a top player from what I've see, overwhelmed in the surroundings and that's not a good sign.

Man of Honour
He shouldn't even be in the squad, he's asked to leave just let him leave. Rangnick is just trying to deflect from the result. The audacity of complaining that a player didn't want to travel and sit on a bench for 90 mins while there is no scenario in which you'd put him on the pitch. Just let everyone who doesn't want to be here leave, it's pointless keeping them.

I completely agree.

That's a very balanced and generous position. Let's hope you are right however for context look at what we saw from Elanga today. Sancho hasn't offered anything more than we got from Dan James and that's saying something. He doesn't have the demeanour of a top player from what I've see, overwhelmed in the surroundings and that's not a good sign.

I know it is :p It's mainly because we've seen what he's capable of at Dortmund, and not all players hit the ground running (see: Salah at Chelsea).

However, there's definitely cause for concern to say the very least.

Caporegime

Didn't pogba get goals and assists from the left wing position and he's not fast or committed?

Man of Honour
Didn't pogba get goals and assists from the left wing position and he's not fast or committed?

I'm not sure we should be using Pogba as an example of anything...!

Of course you don't have to be fast to be effective there, but the entire team is a mess regardless of personnel on the pitch. A major worry.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
What a ridiculous post. Doesn't matter if he's going to play or not, he's getting paid either way and the least he can do is turn up. If the coach tells him to jump he should be asking how high, not refusing. Typical self entitled selfish lazy player. Traveling to a game and sitting on a bench while getting paid millions, boo hoo.

Any player that refuses to go to a game should instantly get fined as the minimum. Can only hope Martial never plays for another football team again, <nope - BaZ>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
What a ridiculous post. Doesn't matter if he's going to play or not, he's getting paid either way and the least he can do is turn up. If the coach tells him to jump he should be asking how high, not refusing. Typical self entitled selfish lazy player. Traveling to a game and sitting on a bench while getting paid millions, boo hoo.

Any player that refuses to go to a game should instantly get fined as the minimum. Can only hope Martial never plays for another football team again <nope - BaZ>.

Have a word with yourself, imagine wanting someone to break their leg. Pathetic

Caporegime

Any player that refuses to go to a game should instantly get fined as the minimum. Can only hope Martial never plays for another football team again, <nope - BaZ>.
That’s a disgusting to say. Behave yourself.

Soldato

Any player that refuses to go to a game should instantly get fined as the minimum. Can only hope Martial never plays for another football team again, <nope - BaZ>

wow you got some issues dude

Caporegime

Any player that refuses to go to a game should instantly get fined as the minimum. Can only hope Martial never plays for another football team again, <nope - BaZ>

Thank you for summarising your post with the first four words.

Permabanned
Yeah, we shouldn't have gone 2 down though, silly mistakes. We're easily better than them atm.

It's apples and oranges but yeah, if I where a United fan I'd be completely ashamed of those last 20 minutes. Our substitutions where on point but there's no excuse for the United defence cracking like that.

It's comforting to know that the goals we've conceded these past 8 games have been more due to individual error as apposed to fielding a tactically poor side. I do hope we give up on the whole Watkins/Ings dream link up though, it's just not working and Watkins seems to fade away when it's in effect.

Caporegime
I imagine it's somewhere between where both are correct. Rangnick gave a very short, literal answer. My guess is Rangnick asked him if he wanted to be on the bench or to not be considered while he's asking for a transfer and Martial said the latter. If he outright refused to play he'd be getting disciplinary action surely.

"He didn't want to be in the squad," said Rangnick.

"He would have been in the squad normally but he didn't want to and that was the reason why he didn't travel with us yesterday."

That is not a refusal, that is being given the choice

Back
Top Bottom