The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Caporegime
Newcastle have so much potential it’s unreal. If they could get three or four decent options, Lingard if he’d come, Donny VDB on loan if necessary but he might get more game time with the new manager. The current squad has two, maybe three properly good players, the rest is dross really but they need to stay up.

Soldato
Been our best player in 2 out of Howe's 3 games so far... Maybe there is hope for him yet! He should stand out in the Championship next season.
He put in some shift last night and I can see him gaining confidence. I'm interested also to see what Howe cam get out of him.
I think he has found his new role on the right of a midfield 3, he was by far our best player last night

Soldato
Well I think you can say we’re as good as gone, I did think we would still go down as the damage was already done, but I think if you ask any Newcastle fan if they would take relegation if it ment getting rid of Ashley, the majority would have snapped your hand off

Associate
We're no worse off now than we were yesterday!

I haven't had high hopes that we'll stay up for a good while now, but in some ways we're fortunate, lucky even.. we're over half way through the season, on 12 points and only 1 win away from safety!

Get a few more players signed, beat Leeds next week and everything will look better! (until we realise the people above us also won :p)

Don
You are worse off though. You don't just need to catch Watford, you need to catch Watford and finish above both Norwich and Burnley. Norwich have now moved ahead of you (albeit playing 1 more game) and Burnley now have 3 games in hand to make up 1 point on you.

I still think it'll be between Burnley and Newcastle for the last relegation spot but games like yesterday were games Newcastle really need to start winning because Burnley will start ****housing some wins towards the end of the season. They always do.

Soldato
It's really gonna depend if they can get a few CB in. Their defence is a shambles, must have lost 20+ points from being in winning positions this season. Can score, cannot defend at all.

Soldato
21 points.

Nat Phillips is available btw

No idea why they have not approached for him, levels above what they have. Good age and fee I understand is only just above what they paid for trippier. Lascelles is an ok defender, however he cannot lead as Captain and take care of himself, just not in him.

Soldato
No idea why they have not approached for him, levels above what they have. Good age and fee I understand is only just above what they paid for trippier. Lascelles is an ok defender, however he cannot lead as Captain and take care of himself, just not in him.

Phillips is reportedly available for around 15mil.

Man of Honour
I cant see Newcastle staying up, I've said for a few weeks that I think the Toon will go down and nothing I saw in yesterdays result has changed my mind. As it stands they need to finish above Watford, Norwich and Burnley. They have a game in hand over Norwich but Watford have a 2pt lead and a game in hand and Burnley have a massive 3 games in hand and are only 1 pt behind with a huge 12 goal difference advantage. Anyone they bring in is going to need time to meld and if brought in from abroad is also going to need time to adjust to the premier league and thats if they can get their intended transfer targets , as many will not want to join a club that they think is about to get relegated.

Soldato
This is how much the fat parasite Ashley has shafted us, In September 2016 Newcastle played Aston Villa in the championship. Of the team that started that day, 7 of the current Newcastle players started. NONE of the Aston Villa players that started that day are with the club now. The players still at the club are Lascelles, Clark, Dummett, Ritchie, Hayden, Shelvey and Gayle. This is the reason we will go down this season.

Soldato
Im not entirely sure Howe is the right man to save Newcastle to be honest. Seems to very much be a one trick pony.

If they can get in a couple of signings then I think they can stay up but they need a cb badly as they are a mess tbh. I've whored Phillips around because i think hes a no nonsense defender that Newcastle could do with. Someone in the mould of a James Macarthur / James Milner in midfield. A players whose been around the block, has bucket loads of experience and is a leader.

Sort that and i reckon they stay up.

Soldato
Im not entirely sure Howe is the right man to save Newcastle to be honest. Seems to very much be a one trick pony.

If they can get in a couple of signings then I think they can stay up but they need a cb badly as they are a mess tbh. I've whored Phillips around because i think hes a no nonsense defender that Newcastle could do with. Someone in the mould of a James Macarthur / James Milner in midfield. A players whose been around the block, has bucket loads of experience and is a leader.

Sort that and i reckon they stay up.
Not a chance we stay up mate, we have played the 4 teams around us at home and won 1 that’s relegation form no matter which way you look at it. I also agree with you about howe, I don’t and never though Howe was the right choice, we needed a manager that could set up a defense and make us hard to beat.

Caporegime
You guys need an easy half dozen players and, sadly, I don't think Chris Wood was a good choice. You should be getting players coming to the end of their contracts or available on loan. maybe look to MLS for a couple of decent players on loan too.

Back
Top Bottom