MO-RA setup options?

Associate
So I'm on the verge of purchasing the mora 360 radiator and I am confused how to set it up. I've already got 2x360 rads outside of my case I am going to replace with this so I do have a approx 1m molex chain to a 6 fan hub on the top of the current rads. If you could see it, it certainly won't he tidy cable management wise.

Is there something really simple I am missing when it comes to getting 9 fan cables to look good? I don't want to waste money on getting then unifans is there any other options? I currently have 6 bequiet fans doing a great job but it's tooled away under my desk and was considering putting the mora on a shelf somewhere above my desk.

Associate
OP
Tbh its not a case of needing it, I just want it because it will look better than what I have out together under my desk right now and I do want it in a more accessible location. I can take some pictures of what I have right when I get home. But they won't help as I'm not really asking about that, I just want advice cable managing and powering the 9 fans I will he putting on the new rad.

Soldato
I went for fans that could be daisy changed so in effect went from 9 fans to 3 cables into a 3 to 1 cable splitter which then went into a Noctua FC1 controller which can be controlled via a knob or motherboard and powered by Sata.

Soldato
Yup have daisy chaining and dirt cheap
Thanks mate thought I had read it somewhere
And I know those Lian li uni look nice
But know vidar had a high % fail rate within couple of months
Of buying his which put me right off them
And without seeing a picture of how the op wants to set it up
Hard to picture in my head how to keep the wires tidy
Though pretty sure artic cooling also do a cheap 9 or 10 port fan hub
So would only be 1 sata power cable from pc to radiator
Should simplify keeping it tidy
Could shorten the fan wires or something if can't get daisy chained fans

Associate
OP
it would literally be my desk in the corner of the room with the mora somewhere within 2m. ive read of people using a psu just for the mora fans.

i cant seem to find any of the arctic fans that click together but i can find them with daisy chaining cables. 10 quid each or 5 for 28 quid lol. the 5 for is not in stock though

Associate
OP
with the radiator being outside the case i could leave the fans as low as possible. i do have a fan hub that has a switch on it for something like off, 30% and 100% speeds. it is some cheap crap from the shop site but it works and has flawlessly, it doesnt take enough fans though but if i can daisy chain that would change.

atm i have 3 or 4 30cm molex cables running from the bottom gpu slot of my case to the fan hub, tied up with my tubing to make it as neat as i could (im the worst at making things look good/tidy etc).

i have r7 3700x and 6700xt. gpu isnt blocked yet but will be once ive got this rad.

Associate
The Arctic P12 pwm PST is available from the Nvidia FE retailer from 15th October, only the singles though but at £4.99 each it doesn't work out that much more expensive, I think the 5 packs are £22.99.

Soldato
I would get the Fan grill as well which is available from another watercooling retailer, i caught my hand in one of the Phanteks T30's yesterday and it took a chunk out of my hand :cry:. Ordered the fan grill this morning for less than £50 with a discount code so i won't do that again!

Associate
OP
So with the lack of stock on this MO-RA I'm looking into the nexxos 1080 now instead and it's 60 quid cheaper. Any reasons why I would regret getting the nexxos over the mora3 360?

Soldato
Not tried either of them
So can't really comment if there's any great difference
Between them
But out of curiosity anyway is there a way
To fit 4 X 180mm fans
Instead of 9 X 120?
Less cables and should be quieter too
Possibly also cheaper for the fans

Associate
OP
Yes they come with or sell brackets for I think its 200mm fans. I got 10 of them arctic fans 5 for 25quid and they come with something called pst which let's you daisy chain them.

Associate
I own the 45mm Alphacool NexXxoS Nova. It comes with a single fan plate for one side, to take 9x120mm. You can buy a second or a 4x180mm fan plate for real cheap. The fins per inch is low, so the fans can operate at a very low RPM to give you near silence.

I used the exact same fans as you mentioned (9 x Arctic p12 PWM PST).

I also bought the case. The case (£68 I think) is clearly NOT a custom fit for the radiator. It lacks a hole for the drain port and has a totally redundant hole on top. It looks okay, but not really as polished as the MO-RA.

Overall it is cheaper, full copper, the performance is amazing, and you can get a stand that looks fine but isn’t really a custom fit. It is not a MO-RA when it comes to looks. Cooling is excellent. Looks are average.

Photo without case:

https://imgur.com/a/b60qrE6
b60qrE6

Associate
If you want to mod the case you can do with the proper tools, but tbh if I had known about the flaws weith the 1080 Nexxxos case I would have gotten the larger version with the 200mm fan option

Associate
OP
I dont think I have a need for the case. It will hopefully be tucked away or out of reach somewhere.

Off topic - I have an flt 120 and d5 pump. The pump is a pwm pump, can I make it run without plugging the pwm cable in? I want it the other side of my room so that would just be one cable too many.

Back
Top Bottom