• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 3080FE undervolting - what settings are working for you?

Soldato
Yeh, it's all about finding what's stable or not.

I find running Cyberpunk (at least it's useful for this :p) with everything maxed out including psycho RT, for an hour or so, will soon find out an unstable UV.
Yep, Cyberpunk and Quake II RTX with settings on high, ultrawide res and pausing to use the image editor.
Really puts strain on the gpu, more so than any benchmark or other game

Associate
inquiry for those using msi afterburner a lot on 3080 FE cards, is it normal whilst idle for the GPU FB Usage to keep going up and down, on my 1080GTX in old machine its flatlined with chrome open and whatnot and even watching youtube ive not seen it go above 15 yet on the 3080 FE it bounces around a LOT and stays between 20-60% often using windows 10

20220116_034143.jpg

Edit
This is my 1080gtx on W7 machine
unknown.png

Last edited:
Soldato
If I had to guess I would say its because the mem clocks are very low when idle it shows up as a higher % on the memory controller compared to the % it would show if mem clocks were running full speed. Similar to if you play an ancient game the GPU usage may showing something high like 70% but clocks would be way lower too.

Soldato
I have my 3080ti FE running at 1920mhz and undervolted to 875mv, the temps sit between 70-80 degrees not matter what voltage i use. I was hoping to get them down a little but i'm struggling.

Associate
If I had to guess I would say its because the mem clocks are very low when idle it shows up as a higher % on the memory controller compared to the % it would show if mem clocks were running full speed. Similar to if you play an ancient game the GPU usage may showing something high like 70% but clocks would be way lower too.

I did have a poke around the task manager and sorted by GPU and its Desktop Windows Manager and Client Server Runtime Process using the gpu.

Windows 10 is all so new to me and im overly paranoid lol, hate the OS though.

Soldato
I have my 3080ti FE running at 1920mhz and undervolted to 875mv, the temps sit between 70-80 degrees not matter what voltage i use. I was hoping to get them down a little but i'm struggling.

I’m currently running 850/1845 with memory +498.

GPU temp never goes above 70C. In fact, I had my temp controlled RGB fans set to go to red at 65C, because my prior setting of 70C meant they never went full red!

Do you have good airflow in your case?

Associate
I currently game on a LG Ultrawide 2560x1080(my next upgrade) with DLDSR x2.25 (3840x1620)

Loading up Forza5 on max settings, my 3080FE quickly gets to 80/81 degrees and 1840mhz. Fans pumping at 2100rpm, power 320W, and 80-85 FPS.

Undervolting/downclocking to 775mv at 1740mhz: Average FPS decreases by about 5, while power drops to 215W, fans settle to 1680rpm, GPU temp falls to 70 degrees.

Soldato

GPU temp never goes above 70C. In fact, I had my temp controlled RGB fans set to go to red at 65C, because my prior setting of 70C meant they never went full red!

I have 3 RGB fans at the front sucking cold air in, 3 fans connected to my AIO at the top hopefully blowing warm air out and a fan at the back. My Cpu sits between 40-50 degrees in playing rust/cyberpunk and that's with the AIO fans at about 1200RPM.

What program do you use to control the fans?

Soldato
I have 3 RGB fans at the front sucking cold air in, 3 fans connected to my AIO at the top hopefully blowing warm air out and a fan at the back. My Cpu sits between 40-50 degrees in playing rust/cyberpunk and that's with the AIO fans at about 1200RPM.

What program do you use to control the fans?

Identical setup to mine then.

All my case and AIO fans are controlled by Icue.

Surprised your 3080 FE is getting so hot, maybe try my settings and see how you go?

Worth mentioning I also have a fan cooler below my GPU, though I have seen other users here who don't, getting good results temp wise, by undervolting.

Soldato
Identical setup to mine then.

All my case and AIO fans are controlled by Icue.

Surprised your 3080 FE is getting so hot, maybe try my settings and see how you go?

Worth mentioning I also have a fan cooler below my GPU, though I have seen other users here who don't, getting good results temp wise, by undervolting.

I may have found the issue. I've just noticed the back chassis fan spins at start up but then stops completely!

Associate

If I may ask, are you using custom settings for the GPU fans? and is it the FE you are running?

Associate
800mv/1800mhz with a 1/1 fan curve on my 3080ti FE since launch day and it's been rock solid. Getting same performance as stock (ran a bunch of tests) if not a little more because the frequency never drops because it's running cool and quiet.

Back
Top Bottom