Apple Customer support beyond a joke

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Well Amazon are just bloody fantastic and put Apple to shame. Literally 5 mins on phone explaining the situation and I have a return label for a full refund. The person was incredibly helpful and even apologetic that they could not replace as they have no stock..

So glad I purchased this through Amazon and not directly from Apple.
Amazon have been great in my experience as well, going well beyond what I would have expected. It’s one of the reasons I buy a lot from them. Glad you got it positive outcome.

Soldato
OP
Are you still going to follow up with Apple via Tim and such? I wouldn't let them get away with the shoddy service. If everyone doesn't bother they'll never get better.

Yes I have emailed known email addresses but no idea if they are even monitored or exist. According to Apple they do not have a complaints system and everything is handled by what they call a Senior. If you have a complaint with a Senior its basically tough.

Associate
I had the first design of this new ipad shape years ago. They have barely act internal strength and bending them is trivial. See the Jerryrigeverything video.

In my case, I stuck it in hand luggage. Went abroad and pulled it out with a big kink in it and had to bend it back the other way...

Soldato
Even as business customers, we've had a fair share of run-ins with Apple over similar issues and as you say, making a complaint appears to be pointless. Saying that, there are a few support staff out there that will go out their way to sort a problem, just a shame there's a fair few that are utter *****.

I had the first design of this new ipad shape years ago. They have barely act internal strength and bending them is trivial. See the Jerryrigeverything video.

Does look fairly scary how easy it bends -

Soldato
Well Amazon are just bloody fantastic and put Apple to shame. Literally 5 mins on phone explaining the situation and I have a return label for a full refund. The person was incredibly helpful and even apologetic that they could not replace as they have no stock..

So glad I purchased this through Amazon and not directly from Apple.

Same reason I only buy apple products via John Lewis. Heard similar stories about ***** service unless you purchase apples extended warranties / insurance.

Soldato
OP
Update - Received the iPad back funnily enough in a bigger box too. It’s bent in two separate areas on each side ? No mention on the packaging about a damaged battery contained either it was also sent in standby. All that is included is a pre printed slip saying about damage and if I had Apple care it could have been fixed….

Nothing but a con job from the worlds most loved tech company. Time to share pics on social media and make my voice heard. Not that it will achieve much I’m sure…..

[url=https://ibb.co/XYLRdpF]

[/URL]

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
That iPad has seen better days!

I imagine that Apple get a lot of people sending in devices for repair that are damaged and then people chance it with them saying it was fine when they sent it.

I've only ever taken my devices to store for repairs and had no issues, but that does eliminate this type of risk.

Soldato
OP
Nearest Apple store for me is Birmingham and a pain to get too. Luckily I have not purchased anything recently from Apple direct so will deal with the retailer if needs be.

Man of Honour
Nearest Apple store for me is Birmingham and a pain to get too. Luckily I have not purchased anything recently from Apple direct so will deal with the retailer if needs be.
There's a Stormfront store in the shopping centre, by the sounds of it it would be no more risky than sending it to Apple themselves.

Commissario
Realise I'm late to the party, but this is why I would always return to a store directly (I know you've posted above saying it's a hassle), but they take photos and mark the condition of the item in store with you.

Glad that Amazon are resolving it for you, that's very poor service from Apple. I wonder if those calls are recorded as it sounds like some of the comms are below their standards!

V F

V F

Soldato
The problem is that's not sufficient evidence. What's stopping you from recording a video of putting in a pristine item, and then after stopped recording, open it again and put in a damaged one.

And as i'd said in an earlier post, the OP also doesn't have any evidence of the damaged packaging as Apple disposed of it.

Small claims court, i'd be surprised if Apple bother to contest it. I imagine the cost of their legal staff per hour outweigh the cost of the product itself.

It's quite unreal we're in a time of guilt until proven innocent and having to photo, film and document every step to prove you're not a liar.

That iPad has seen better days!

I imagine that Apple get a lot of people sending in devices for repair that are damaged and then people chance it with them saying it was fine when they sent it.

I've only ever taken my devices to store for repairs and had no issues, but that does eliminate this type of risk.

Thing is, it shouldn't be everyone is a liar and treated on a case by case basis. But still that never seems to happen. One size fits all.

Soldato
It's quite unreal we're in a time of guilt until proven innocent and having to photo, film and document every step to prove you're not a liar.

Thing is, it shouldn't be everyone is a liar and treated on a case by case basis. But still that never seems to happen. One size fits all.

Oh i agree, the problem is too many people abused retailers goodwill nature.

I remember years ago when Logitech's warranty was very good, where they would even replace items after the warranty had expired. Even reading on these very forums where people had bought duds on ebay, and were then making warranty claims to get new ones.

There needs to be a way that the sender can have some proof that the item they've sent was in X condition, so there's no dispute at the receiving end. Unfortunately we've seen plenty of videos in the media of couriers throwing packages in vans, or over fences etc.

Soldato
OP
I had proof of condition before sending albeit a few days before but have proof that the iPad was being used 2 hours before sending but they were not interested. It was Apples unwillingness to do anything that is more annoying. They would not provide packaging or any other pictures. The senior decided I sent it like that and that was it no other investigation nothing. They were rude and even abusive on the phone and just said I’m lying and I either pay or get it sent back. Their whole attitude was basically we are Apple what are you going to do……

Commissario
This is really strange - Look at the comments by @Alpherah here as to how difficult it is to bend these iPads. I wonder if somehow they've got mixed up when being booked in because I wouldn't imagine this sort of thing could happen easily in transit.

It'll be interesting to see if you get the same one back that you sent. You've got the serial number?

Quoting myself because you didn't answer - Is it the same one you sent?

I'm also very surprised at the attitude but at least you have it sorted through Amazon.

Soldato
Few things. Re: Packaging, thats just a generic box that all iPad Depot repair devices are sent back in.
Re: damage/customer service. Mail in repairs are not handled by Apple but a third party contract by a company outside of Tamworth (cant disclose the name, for obvious reason). Apple Care / Store Managers are not allowed to over-rule their 'findings' even if they wanted to. Even in the face of obvious mishap. Only executive relations are all to do this.
re: The note. Its just a generic printed sheet based upon what classification the rejection is processed under. dont read too much into it.

I've said on this forum many times before. Just go into the store...

I had proof of condition before sending albeit a few days before but have proof that the iPad was being used 2 hours before sending but they were not interested. It was Apples unwillingness to do anything that is more annoying. They would not provide packaging or any other pictures. The senior decided I sent it like that and that was it no other investigation nothing. They were rude and even abusive on the phone and just said I’m lying and I either pay or get it sent back. Their whole attitude was basically we are Apple what are you going to do……

This is part of the problem really. Even now I personally see at least 2 devices every day which are fake. Or the latest trend is disconnecting antenna slightly causing a cellular fail to trigger a device swap / Rear system repair in warranty in order to remove cosmetic marks etc. Its literally crazy.

Soldato
OP
Few things. Re: Packaging, thats just a generic box that all iPad Depot repair devices are sent back in.
Re: damage/customer service. Mail in repairs are not handled by Apple but a third party contract by a company outside of Tamworth (cant disclose the name, for obvious reason). Apple Care / Store Managers are not allowed to over-rule their 'findings' even if they wanted to. Even in the face of obvious mishap. Only executive relations are all to do this.
re: The note. Its just a generic printed sheet based upon what classification the rejection is processed under. dont read too much into it.

I've said on this forum many times before. Just go into the store...

Box is bigger than one I sent it in probably for a 12” iPad. My iPad was sent to Ireland or that’s were it was sent back from according to tracking. The sheet did have my serial and address on it but it was pretty generic. Store is a pain will just deal with Amazon from now on.

Back
Top Bottom