iRacing

Soldato
Pure and Apex will I believe. I dunno about Craig's.

Setup preference is down to driving style in my experience. Pure and Apex suit me better, but other members of my team find the opposite! Some of them offer free trials.

Associate
I'm nearly 3 weeks into my rookie series and have an iRating of 2.0K. The last 2 races I did last night had me racing against folk with iRatings of 5.7k - 3.7k. Obviously I got smoked. Why would the game do this to me?

Soldato
I'm nearly 3 weeks into my rookie series and have an iRating of 2.0K. The last 2 races I did last night had me racing against folk with iRatings of 5.7k - 3.7k. Obviously I got smoked. Why would the game do this to me?

Are you doing the Rookie Mazdas? Not sure how people are that high IR in that. To answer your question though Iracing sorts splits from high to low, trying to get the equal amount of drivers in each split.
For example if 100 drivers are signed up and it want's to get 10 drivers in each race it will put 10 drivers in each race from irating down. If you have the 9th highest IR (of people signed up) at 2000 it doesn't matter that No1 has 5000, as you are in the top 10 of those signed up you will be in the 'top split' with them. Does that make sense? Not sure why those people are seal clubbing like that down there.

Associate
Rookie Mazdas yes.

So it was probably just down to there being less "good people" registered to race so they got matched down to numpties like me.

Cheers.

Soldato
Rookie Mazdas yes.

So it was probably just down to there being less "good people" registered to race so they got matched down to numpties like me.

Cheers.
There's a max license limit to rookie Mazda's, D I think? So perhaps they have lost a load of SR and trying to get it back easy? Or some people just like winning, even if it's seal clubbing newcomers unfortunately.
Endurance races used to be only sorted split wise on those who signed up before the race started (now all drivers get declared beforehand), and it wasn't uncommon to see teams sign up just with a slower driver to stomp on lower splits they have no business being in. 2k is a decent effort so far with rookies though, well done.

Associate
There's a max license limit to rookie Mazda's, D I think? So perhaps they have lost a load of SR and trying to get it back easy? Or some people just like winning, even if it's seal clubbing newcomers unfortunately.
Endurance races used to be only sorted split wise on those who signed up before the race started (now all drivers get declared beforehand), and it wasn't uncommon to see teams sign up just with a slower driver to stomp on lower splits they have no business being in. 2k is a decent effort so far with rookies though, well done.
No max license for rookie mazdas, I think that's only a thing with ovals. Certainly I've been in several splits with A class drivers in the mazda.

Soldato

Unfortunately not enough people registered for the race causing there not be many splits. You're not expected to beat them so iracing would have made you a much lower car number than them and the split would have had a high SOF. Just means you gain Irating at a lower finishing position.

Don't let IR fool you though, I've seen some horrendous racers at 5k lol. A lot of guys farm in easy series then when jump into something different they suck.

Soldato
No max license for rookie mazdas, I think that's only a thing with ovals. Certainly I've been in several splits with A class drivers in the mazda.
Fair enough, I stand corrected. It has been 7 years since I did rookies to be fair. :p
Unfortunately not enough people registered for the race causing there not be many splits. You're not expected to beat them so iracing would have made you a much lower car number than them and the split would have had a high SOF. Just means you gain Irating at a lower finishing position.

Don't let IR fool you though, I've seen some horrendous racers at 5k lol. A lot of guys farm in easy series then when jump into something different they suck.
I know someone who used to just farm production car challenge in the slowstice. Was well over 4.5k but wasn't that good.

Soldato
Fair enough, I stand corrected. It has been 7 years since I did rookies to be fair. :p

I know someone who used to just farm production car challenge in the slowstice. Was well over 4.5k but wasn't that good.

Yup, you often see just 1 or 2 memestangs in the Sim Labs PCC, just farming Irating. And the thing is, normally most of the slower Mazdas that are racing proper end up overtaking them anyway.

Man of Honour

I very nearly got disqualified from this race, it was absolute chaos but then I don't know why I'm surprised, it's the PCC.

A couple of mistakes by me but I was also on the end of some bad mistakes by others, one nearly finished my race but somehow didn't get called in to the pits

Soldato

I very nearly got disqualified from this race, it was absolute chaos but then I don't know why I'm surprised, it's the PCC.

A couple of mistakes by me but I was also on the end of some bad mistakes by others, one nearly finished my race but somehow didn't get called in to the pits

Here we go :p. Had one of those myself as you well know, and I see your 15x and raise you 1x

Soldato
Congrats mate! Get your certificate posted! :D

What race was it?

Only a rookie one. Formula vee Okayama short.

I only signed up yesterday so still finding my feet. Made pole yesterday and led for 10 laps but became nervous at the end as I was watching the car behind me too much and went off. Ended up 4th.

My next race I span at the first corner and lost a wheel lol

Associate
Had the same thing happen last night (got matched with some 5.7k guys despite my lowly 2.1k iRating), though it was only for the last race of the night. Got hit by 2 4x incidents when one 5.0k rammed me up the arse in T1 then the same dude rammed me up the arse and off the track in the tight hairpin. Whilst waiting to be recovered I watched him attempt further punts on other racers. Dirty mofo.

So ended the night on a downer after a few decent races. Managed to bag a win in race 2 after 1st and 2nd came together at the end of lap 1.

Soldato
Had the same thing happen last night (got matched with some 5.7k guys despite my lowly 2.1k iRating), though it was only for the last race of the night. Got hit by 2 4x incidents when one 5.0k rammed me up the arse in T1 then the same dude rammed me up the arse and off the track in the tight hairpin. Whilst waiting to be recovered I watched him attempt further punts on other racers. Dirty mofo.

So ended the night on a downer after a few decent races. Managed to bag a win in race 2 after 1st and 2nd came together at the end of lap 1.

Hope you clipped the replays and protested the filthy punt to passer? You can still report drivers from watching the incidents of other racers when it's not directly involving you.

Associate
The "unable to submit a report for 40 minutes" thing meant I did not submit one. I was annoyed but there was another dude (American) that was absolutely raging when he got done by the same guy. Apparently he's been done by this individual (Ivan Pinocchio) a few times before.

Anyhoo. New track today isn't it. One that I've never driven on so this will be fun.

Back
Top Bottom