Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Associate
Yeah, it's basically the same as the investigation into 'partygate', the result is pre-decided. Presumably in this case it'll be a reiteration that Masi was in the right, the fans/media need to stop thinking the rules are actually rules and maybe with the extra bit of "Masi was overloaded so we're going to reorganise the race control/director setup" to try and appease Merc/Hamilton without outright saying he screwed up which 'taints' Verstappen's title...

It's a joke, and as mentioned it does seem like by holding out on releasing it they're trying to avoid any affects on the season starting.

Yeah, just rumours. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth there. He doesn't need to continue really, and if he has no faith in the sport anymore why would he?

Lewis has conducted himself impeccably during and since Abu Dhabi. The deadline seems to send a message, FIA have always said no driver is bigger.

I think if Lewis goes, Toto will follow. I genuinely see Lewis will call it quits if no convincing changes take place.

Back in 2007 I always suspected that McLaren could not be seen to win the WDC following spygate, Lewis' engine mysteriously cut out at Brazil when on the way to becoming WDC; and Kimi went on the win... I personally believe something shady went on to stop Lewis being WDC...

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Back in 2007 I always suspected that McLaren could not be seen to win the WDC following spygate, Lewis' engine mysteriously cut out at Brazil when on the way to becoming WDC; and Kimi went on the win... I personally believe something shady went on to stop Lewis being WDC...

Uh huh.

And presumably they ordered McLaren not to pit Lewis at the previous race in China, so he would slide off the road when he finally did make a stop and throw away an almost certain points finish that would have netted him the 2007 title? ;)

Associate
Uh huh.

And presumably they ordered McLaren not to pit Lewis at the previous race in China, so he would slide off the road when he finally did make a stop and throw away an almost certain points finish that would have netted him the 2007 title? ;)

I know, opened a can of worms :D Conspiracy theories, I still think (be quiet)

F1 posts are a bit slow at the moment.

Soldato
Conspiracy on both counts are complete tosh. Anyone who thinks so must still also believe tyre US blew up their own twin towers and Elvis is still alive, living on the moon in a London bus.
Masi made the correct decision at the time and only Lewis fans and hindsight seems to contradict.

The FIA in their investigation should not be seen to appease Hamilton or Mercedes....

Caporegime
Yeah I agree, there's better drivers than her who have gone over there and failed to make much of an impact.

Depends what you think success is for her, doesn't it? I would think finishing in the top 10 at a decent number of races, and establishing herself as a solid midfielder would represent a decent measure of success. I can't see her challenging at the pointy end with her track record, but she could be a decent midfielder, I think.

Soldato
Depends what you think success is for her, doesn't it? I would think finishing in the top 10 at a decent number of races, and establishing herself as a solid midfielder would represent a decent measure of success. I can't see her challenging at the pointy end with her track record, but she could be a decent midfielder, I think.

Success would be just getting a funded seat lol
She doesn't seem to be doing too badly in the LMP2 to be fair so be interesting if she still does that this season.

Soldato
Couldn't be more hypocritical given the the literal fleet of aircraft and trucks that are used to move all of their equipment from side to site every weekend.

Soldato
Seems f1 are stopping military flyovers and only allowing aircraft using sustainable fuel, lol

What a bunch of idiots
Couldn't be more hypocritical given the the literal fleet of aircraft and trucks that are used to move all of their equipment from side to site every weekend.

"I eat too much food. No point in cutting down as I will still need to eat again." See how dumb that sounds?

Back
Top Bottom