Best place to sell retro games?

Soldato
As title really. Can anyone recommend any sites to sell retro games? My initial thought was ebay but you hear lots a horror stories so try to avoid if possible when selling anything of value. I would try my look in the member market but I imagine it would class as profiteering and don't want to get banned.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
I don't think it's profiteering if the price is fair for the market trends.

Can you test and verify that your games work?

Are they in mint or fair condition?

I've never had problems with eBay as long as you send by signed delivery and are honest on your description. Be prepared to refund if needed and keep your eyes pealed for any scam behaviour.

There's Amibay or you need to join a specific forum for your computer / console and advertise in the classifieds.

Soldato
OP
All my games work, some are pretty valuable. Canon Spike on the Dreamcast for instance. My worry is that I sell it on ebay and the buyer exchanges it with their scratched up version and then decide they want to return it. EBay alway sides with the buyer :(

Soldato
I have a bunch of Dreamcast games I'd like to sell and feel a bit stuck as like has been said just too many scammers on eBay.

I thought MM might be an option but the rules are pretty clear...

We define profiteering as selling something for more than you paid for it. It doesn't matter that prices have gone up, you simply are not allowed to sell anything for a profit.

Soldato
Start with FB marketplace for big ticket items imo. Face to face cash still the best way when possible. Ive had people travel a long way to buy some games from me in the past.

Soldato
The rules are clear, but how do they what you paid?

If you sell a Dreamcast game for £200 quid they'll probably assume profiteering... Unless you can show an invoice/receipt to say you paid £200 for it yourself.

If you bought a game for £40 and sell it for £40 then I don't think you'll have an issue.

FB marketplace may be a good option for some, but I gave up FB years ago and no intention of going back.

Soldato
OP
Well I've got games like Cannon Spike and Marvel vs Capcom 2 amongst others in mint condition. CEX website says they will give me £188 for Cannon Spike alone but then sell it for £290!
I doubt member market rules would accept me trying to sell it for £250 on there. No idea what I paid for it now its been so long....maybe it was £250 ;) :p

Can't type for toffee
Don
Well I've got games like Cannon Spike and Marvel vs Capcom 2 amongst others in mint condition. CEX website says they will give me £188 for Cannon Spike alone but then sell it for £290!
I doubt member market rules would accept me trying to sell it for £250 on there. No idea what I paid for it now its been so long....maybe it was £250 ;) :p

You want the big money you run the eBay risk :)
You wanna bail and cash in? CEX

Probably worth mentioning that the 188 price is store voucher, not cash, ye can knock another 20 off if you want cash

stick em in MM for whatever CEX pays + post, you know they'll end up in a good home

Soldato
OP
You want the big money you run the eBay risk :)
You wanna bail and cash in? CEX

Probably worth mentioning that the 188 price is store voucher, not cash, ye can knock another 20 off if you want cash

stick em in MM for whatever CEX pays + post, you know they'll end up in a good home

CEX is £188 cash or £217 voucher.

Might play the ebay game with some of the cheaper games, Marvel vs Capcom 2, SF3 etc.

Back
Top Bottom