Thinking about buying a secretlabs..

Associate
"Extend the warranty on your new Secretlab chair from 3 to 5 years when you join our Extended Warranty Program. Purchase the additional 2 years for US$50, or get it for FREE. Simply share a public post of your Secretlab 2020 Series or Secretlab TITAN Evo 2022 chair with us."

Source: The email I got from them 10 days after my order got shipped.

You literally just have to take a photo. That's what I did, and I got my 2 year extension.

Man of Honour
Absolute horses**t. You do not have to post a review to get extended warranty. Where on earth did you get that notion?

You literally just have to take a photo. That's what I did, and I got my 2 year extension.

Do you work for them or something? Either way, offering an extended warranty in exchange for a positive review is really, really poor form.

Associate
Do you work for them or something? Either way, offering an extended warranty in exchange for a positive review is really, really poor form.

And still you say you need to do a review of any sort to get an extended warranty??? You DO NOT need to leave a review, period. Do you work for Noblechairs?

Man of Honour
And still you say you need to do a review of any sort to get an extended warranty??? You DO NOT need to leave a review, period. Do you work for Noblechairs?
Where did I specifically say you need to do a review to get extended warranty?

I wouldn't thank you for a Noble or Secretlabs chair. They'll all the same carbon copies from a factory in China.

Soldato
Where did I specifically say you need to do a review to get extended warranty

I wouldn't thank you for a Noble or Secretlabs chair. They'll all the same carbon copies from a factory in China.
I think you might be in the wrong thread then:D

Soldato
Yeah it doesn't need a review just a pic on social media.
Genuine review of the titan pu amber edition after 18m

The good
With just a wash with a damp cloth and some leather balm every 6 month it still looks new
The original firm seat has softened up brilliantly it's still firm but feels nice comfortable supportive now its broken in a little, like a stiff pair of leather brogues they need a bit of softening up

The badish
One of the pu leather armrests split on the inside after about a year, SL support however responded quickly and got me a replacement out in about a week.

The ugly
I'm heading back to the office full time from next week and having spent 9 hours a day in the titan I get the feeling ill be buying one for the office

Overall I'm happy, would I have been happy with a hero, probably, is it better / worse than any of the other versions of the same chair from boulies or duelhawk. Probably not, would spending 300 on a 2nd hand Haworth have been a better investment maybe, but with a 5 year warranty 70 quid a year is cheap compared to a lot of many people's purchases and if asked I'd buy another for sure

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi all, Didnt realise I had so many replies...

So i went ahead and bought the titan R.

Extremely regret my purchase,

What takes 2-3 days for a reply from customer services Im currently in the process of sending it back, at first I thought it was a faulty back (had to wait several months for a replacement back).

Now the new backs fitted and the lumbar support is terrible, it feels like theirs a hard rubber board pressed against half my spine, I think im going to buy a noble Epic TX providing secret lab doesnt screw me over with a refund.

Soldato
Why make the same mistake twice? Get a proper office chair.

That’s what I’d suggest you should do! Buy whatever your workplace buys for their desk bound staff to avoid getting taken to court for rsi/etc.

There’s a reason they don’t buy racing style chairs for their employees!

Soldato
Hi guys, took delivery of a Titan Evo 2022 Regular last week. Overall pleased with the build quality, notably better than £100-200 office chairs from office-type shops. It's much firmer than my last chair but I am rolling with this, still on the fence if this is better or not for longer at-desk periods.

I'm at my desk all week this week so good opportunity to get to grips with it.

I just cannot get the lumbar support right though, it always feels too high. I'm a shorter guy, 172cm so went with the regular as small is recommended for <169cm.
Or my lumbar height adjustment isn't working right.
Or I cannot adjust it correctly.

What height and size chairs do you have? Any tips on adjusting lumbar?

TIA!

Soldato
Noticed a small tear in the base of my seat today cause by a sharp piece of metal poking out the bottom of the backrest. If I recline the chair back (which I don't really do but tried it out a couple of times) the piece of metal makes contact with the base and perforates it, hence the recent damage.

Still not getting on with the lumbar.

Let's see if their customer service/warranty are any good...

Soldato
Noticed a small tear in the base of my seat today cause by a sharp piece of metal poking out the bottom of the backrest. If I recline the chair back (which I don't really do but tried it out a couple of times) the piece of metal makes contact with the base and perforates it, hence the recent damage.

Still not getting on with the lumbar.

Let's see if their customer service/warranty are any good...

Its not, pretty poor at least in my case. I ended up sending my chair back before taking delivery because the ETA for delivery was 6 to 8 weeks and it was a nightmare getting them to do a refund.

I'll probably get one of the Razer chairs instead or just a plain nylon office chair. The premium office chair brands are very hard to find in my country and when I do find them the price is ludicrous (like 2 thousand pounds for Herman miller chair)

Last edited:
Soldato
So far support have been good, replying to each email within 24 hours and are shipping me a replacement seatbase and backrest. Will see how long they take to be delivered.

Soldato
I've an update from Secretlab, it'll be 3 months to send me a replacement backrest so I've said I'll instead return the chair for a full refund.
They're now insisting I pay for return shipping of a faulty item immediately quoting their T's and C's in that email.

Need to find a decent real chair shop so I can check a load out and not buying one untested.

Soldato
Just dump secretlab even if it costs you, it's not worth it the company is nightmare to deal with.

I should have seen the red flags myself. They have no physical location, so angry customers can't go complain in person and they have no phone number so they can just ghost your emails.

Soldato
I replied to SecretLab saying I’m not prepared to wait 3 months and they need to collect or cover postage since it’s being returned as faulty.
They’ve now agreed but I currently have Covid so have yet to arrange the collection since the chair is in my office and I’m locked in at home.

I should add the lumbar has definitely become noisier with more use too.

Associate
I have the titan dark knight edition, when i first had it i was gonna sent it back it was so hard, i was going to bed numb and putting cushions on it, which sux for a nearly £400 chair.
I then realised i would have to pay for a pallet to return it on lol, anyway i kept it and its now pretty comfortable, i don't know if it softened up or if i just got used to it :)
as for the extended warranty i didn't bother, i don't agree with that tactic, it should just be 5 years anyway if they're confident it will last 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom