Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Man of Honour
Never got the Senna. Looks awful, compromised on road, miles off race car pace on track. I know a few guys who bought them and I believe most took a bath when they moved them on. 765 just better on most levels as absolute lap times are irrelevant for most owners, though one of the aforementioned owners did put some quite amazing times in his at Spa that did show how quick it is.

Soldato
With those sort of cars there doesnt seem any point unless you are somewhere around pro racing driver level (and most pro racing drivers cant afford one).

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
@DRZ slight wildcard, but M8 a contender? Ticks the GT box, appreciate it may not be "sporty" enough though.

It isn't a contender for a couple of reasons but mainly because it is ludicrously expensive for what it is. I'd rather buy an M5CS I think but in the company of the other cars on the shortlist it comes up really seriously lacking in the "special" department. There is no other current BMW that I find myself wanting to own other than perhaps an X5 45e to replace the Range Rover one day or maybe a G series touring when the values sort themselves out post chip shortage.

OcUK Staff
If Mclaren is on the agenda then why not consider what is considered to be their better put together 650S Spider?

The 650S fixed all the issues of the MP4-12C and people who have had them seem to highly rate them, they also look superb and have the fancy suspension setup so the ride on a UK b-road is somewhat magical.
Also the Spider's have the hood space you can use for luggage as well for additional storage when roof is up.

For under 100k they are seriously a lot of car and I can't see them dropping much more:
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12752440

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Not considered one really for the same reasons as the 720S/488 etc. On the 488 I'd actually thought they might be too rich for me but holy moly the values have come down since I last looked at them. No doubt due to the 458's engine... I'll have a nose around the 650S and see what's what. I do think that the GT has the best interior for what I am looking for vs any other McLaren I've seen (inc at club meets etc) but I'm keeping an open mind as you never know what you'll fall in love with!

Also on the open-minded front, I've just made an appointment to see a man about a GT3 ;)

OcUK Staff
Not considered one really for the same reasons as the 720S/488 etc. On the 488 I'd actually thought they might be too rich for me but holy moly the values have come down since I last looked at them. No doubt due to the 458's engine... I'll have a nose around the 650S and see what's what. I do think that the GT has the best interior for what I am looking for vs any other McLaren I've seen (inc at club meets etc) but I'm keeping an open mind as you never know what you'll fall in love with!

Also on the open-minded front, I've just made an appointment to see a man about a GT3 ;)

I think if I was buying a Mclaren the 650S is a safe bet, trade is probably 70-80k on them, retail around 90-100k so you kind of know what you can lose, dropping 140k on a GT and in 2yr the trade offer could be 80k, that is a big chunk of depreciation to consider the risk.

With a GT3 is the looks are not for you, just dismiss the looks, get behind the wheel and get that engine wound up towards 9000rpm and all should be forgotton.

Yes 458 values are moving up, 488's moving down, Speciale's are now more than Pista's but I firmly believe Speciale will be next F40, won't be long until the Aperta is 1M plus. I've been bashing on about performance and faster does not mean better for years now, it seems the market and general customer base is also starting to realise this, we live in a world with speed cameras everywhere so what is the point in stupidly fast car with huge grip levels that don't come alive unless you push them hard and as such way beyond speed limits. Cars need to be fun at under 100, one of the biggest complaints I had when test driving was some cars you'd be pedalling 100+ and just feel numb, no theatre, to grippy, no looseness or just silly long gearing meaning you can't exploit the engine or gearbox as much as you would like, this is unfortunately one of the GT3's weaknesses, but also everyone is different.

P.S. Quite a few 488's around 140-150k and you can probably negotiate 5-10k of price as they tend to hang around a bit longer than 458's do.
Just avoid this one:
https://drivetribe.com/p/how-to-cra...mS06SJ2qkmRiYKuGkg?iid=Oew9MnYGR6eM_PvQbX3h9w
Keeps appearing for sale cheap and it is HPI clear.

Permabanned
Never got the Senna. Looks awful, compromised on road, miles off race car pace on track. I know a few guys who bought them and I believe most took a bath when they moved them on. 765 just better on most levels as absolute lap times are irrelevant for most owners, though one of the aforementioned owners did put some quite amazing times in his at Spa that did show how quick it is.

I always liked them since they released the first pics... function over form is so rare.

The early buyers took a big hit, yes... they bottomed out around £650k at some point, I think. Now the good examples seem to be working their way back up slowly.

Pace isn't too far off LMP3 on road tyres... I think that's quite impressive for a road going car. But then 765 is only a few seconds behind really.

It popped up, I got excited and put an enquiry in... finance company said no for now, but should be a yes in 4-6 months. 765LT I was looking at is a yes with 30% down though...

image.png

Permabanned
I think if I was buying a Mclaren the 650S is a safe bet, trade is probably 70-80k on them, retail around 90-100k so you kind of know what you can lose, dropping 140k on a GT and in 2yr the trade offer could be 80k, that is a big chunk of depreciation to consider the risk.

With a GT3 is the looks are not for you, just dismiss the looks, get behind the wheel and get that engine wound up towards 9000rpm and all should be forgotton.

Yes 458 values are moving up, 488's moving down, Speciale's are now more than Pista's but I firmly believe Speciale will be next F40, won't be long until the Aperta is 1M plus. I've been bashing on about performance and faster does not mean better for years now, it seems the market and general customer base is also starting to realise this, we live in a world with speed cameras everywhere so what is the point in stupidly fast car with huge grip levels that don't come alive unless you push them hard and as such way beyond speed limits. Cars need to be fun at under 100, one of the biggest complaints I had when test driving was some cars you'd be pedalling 100+ and just feel numb, no theatre, to grippy, no looseness or just silly long gearing meaning you can't exploit the engine or gearbox as much as you would like, this is unfortunately one of the GT3's weaknesses, but also everyone is different.

P.S. Quite a few 488's around 140-150k and you can probably negotiate 5-10k of price as they tend to hang around a bit longer than 458's do.
Just avoid this one:
https://drivetribe.com/p/how-to-cra...mS06SJ2qkmRiYKuGkg?iid=Oew9MnYGR6eM_PvQbX3h9w
Keeps appearing for sale cheap and it is HPI clear.

488s have dropped that much! Wow... that was a sharp move since I last looked. I knew they weren't moving at dealers though when they kept the prices high, so only a matter of time.

812s seem to be holding their own for now.

488... even Pista... just too numb and boring... such a disappointment after the absolutely amazing Speciale

OcUK Staff
488s have dropped that much! Wow... that was a sharp move since I last looked. I knew they weren't moving at dealers though when they kept the prices high, so only a matter of time.

812s seem to be holding their own for now.

488... even Pista... just too numb and boring... such a disappointment after the absolutely amazing Speciale

Yep fast, very fast but numb indeed.
You’ve got the last NA V12 and it’s a cracker what comes next will lose that.

Permabanned
Yep fast, very fast but numb indeed.
You’ve got the last NA V12 and it’s a cracker what comes next will lose that.

I've been given a maybe for a Competizione... would love it if that could materialise... not gonna keep my hopes too high, but the Swiss dealers seem to get more allocations.

You should see the number of LaF in their basement, last time I counted 12 of the things... and that was just my closest dealer :eek:

They actually gave me a detailed path to LaF replacement... *only* have to buy an F40 and F50 from them hahaha

Soldato
Yeah its sticks out a bit. Boss says hi :p

Bumping an old post, but I was stood in my kitchen making a cup of tea earlier today. Saw a flash of orange out of the corner of my eye and looked up just in time to see him going past my house. I don't live on a through road, so he must know someone who lives up here.
He had the roof down and I think people in the back too...it's about 5 degrees and overcast. Legend :cool:

Associate
Bumping an old post, but I was stood in my kitchen making a cup of tea earlier today. Saw a flash of orange out of the corner of my eye and looked up just in time to see him going past my house. I don't live on a through road, so he must know someone who lives up here.
He had the roof down and I think people in the back too...it's about 5 degrees and overcast. Legend :cool:

Not raining heavily = roof down :cool:

That would be his daughter and mates in the car having a blast of somwhere, so guessing one of them lives in your area.

Back
Top Bottom