This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Sat here at the start is going to be a sleepless night. My brain has gone into overthinking overdrive, I know I'm being ridiculous but somehow I can't seem to rationalise that enough to stop the thinking.

Soldato
Disgusting American coffee and a donut for me before bed. Ready for a fun filled day of work tomorrow.

Also need to find somewhere we can go and shoot some guns.

Where are you? Just Google shooting range near me and they should be able to sort you out. Only exception is NYC where I don’t think they have any public ranges.

Soldato
So, I didn't get the job I applied for.

But the guy that happens to rent the house of the boss, who happens to be giving the interview did...

oh and that guy had none of the stated qualifications, experience or man management training, but he is paying the boss rent...

I'm tempted to hand my notice as half the plants are on their knees and I'm the only one with HV competency to repair it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Back to the daily grind. For the first time in my life I’ve put my life first and turned down the promotion that pre-pandemic I had always wanted. I value my time much more these days and the government don’t need anymore tax from me. I’ve also finally been allocated a significant sum of money, that although not accessible for some time will secure a decent early retirement, perhaps even sooner.

Caporegime
Back to the daily grind. For the first time in my life I’ve put my life first and turned down the promotion that pre-pandemic I had always wanted. I value my time much more these days and the government don’t need anymore tax from me. I’ve also finally been allocated a significant sum of money, that although not accessible for some time will secure a decent early retirement, perhaps even sooner.

Nice!

but “allocated”? Where can I make this application? Lol

Man of Honour
Nice!

but “allocated”? Where can I make this application? Lol

Inheritance, but put in my name to circumvent some tax. Lots of terms, but I’m happier with this than the otherwise ridiculous amount of money that was just devaluing in the bank. And at least the terms of the rest are finally on paper.

Man of Honour
Joining Feek with the insomnia for another night. It's been a very sleepless week.

Patiently waiting to send a message tomorrow afternoon/evening that will at least tell me how the situation is going to unfold one way or the other

Soldato
Perhaps GD can help me with a dilemma I’m facing.

Daughter chundered all over herself, the Mrs, her cot and her bedding last night, so everything went in for an emergency wash, which I transferred to the drier this morning and pretty much forgot about until just now.

Much to my horror I’ve just opened the drier and realised that I’ve also put the Mrs’ woollen ‘do not tumble dry’ new hoodie in the drier, which has shrunk.

Therefore, do I:

a.) ‘fess up and face the fury?
b.) See if I can get another one from the branch of Next on the retail park I’m already going to later, under the auspices of buying lightbulbs from B&Q, and swap it with the shrunken one, in the hope that she doesn’t notice?

Associate

Daughter chundered all over herself, the Mrs, her cot and her bedding last night, so everything went in for an emergency wash, which I transferred to the drier this morning and pretty much forgot about until just now.

Much to my horror I’ve just opened the drier and realised that I’ve also put the Mrs’ woollen ‘do not tumble dry’ new hoodie in the drier, which has shrunk.

Therefore, do I:

b.) See if I can get another one from the branch of Next on the retail park I’m already going to later, under the auspices of buying lightbulbs from B&Q, and swap it with the shrunken one, in the hope that she doesn’t notice?

c.) Buy another one and say the shrunken one is for your daughter. :p

Soldato

Therefore, do I:

Chuck it out and deny all knowledge of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom