This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps GD can help me with a dilemma I’m facing.

Daughter chundered all over herself, the Mrs, her cot and her bedding last night, so everything went in for an emergency wash, which I transferred to the drier this morning and pretty much forgot about until just now.

Much to my horror I’ve just opened the drier and realised that I’ve also put the Mrs’ woollen ‘do not tumble dry’ new hoodie in the drier, which has shrunk.

Therefore, do I:

a.) ‘fess up and face the fury?
b.) See if I can get another one from the branch of Next on the retail park I’m already going to later, under the auspices of buying lightbulbs from B&Q, and swap it with the shrunken one, in the hope that she doesn’t notice?
Erm, being female myself, I'd fess up but buy another one to give at the same time ;)

I wouldn't risk the wrath of a tired mummy!

Soldato
I think I’ve survived. The hoodie doesn’t seem to have shrunk too much, and it seemed to stretch back to it’s original size. so I chucked it back in on a rinse cycle, then a spin, then put it on the airer in front of the radiator in the living room, where she hadn’t been since arriving home from work, and pretended it’d been there all along.

I know, I am a true master of deception. :D

I think I’ve survived. The hoodie doesn’t seem to have shrunk too much, and it seemed to stretch back to it’s original size. so I chucked it back in on a rinse cycle, then a spin, then put it on the airer in front of the radiator in the living room, where she hadn’t been since arriving home from work, and pretended it’d been there all along.

I know, I am a true master of deception. :D
Lol! Well played then, Sir :D

Man of Honour
Turned down the promotion that I had wanted throughout most of my career. How times change. 23 more years of this and I can pack it in. I shouldn’t complain though, I actually struggle to operate when I have time off and work gives me structure.

Just shouted at the cat for knocking out my pc power cable just as I finished an annoying boss fight in witcher3.

Oh, I can guarantee mine will walk in front of the tv at a key moment.

Caporegime
Turned down the promotion that I had wanted throughout most of my career. How times change. 23 more years of this and I can pack it in. I shouldn’t complain though, I actually struggle to operate when I have time off and work gives me structure.

Oh, I can guarantee mine will walk in front of the tv at a key moment.

Switched to work to live rather than live to work huh?

There is a dog virus currently sweeping across Yorkshire

Maddie, my 12 and a half year old mini sausage, has it and I've spent most of the night cleaning up sick.

I'm shattered.

She has just been sick again and Lilith ate it before I could get to it :(

We saw the vet yesterday and he gave her an injection and some medication but maybe because she is old it will take her longer to recover.

Lilith is fine for now but the vet thinks she will go down with it at some point.

Soldato
Had an amazingly productive week last week, but my girlfriend came down with a nasty cold. I was laughing at her for suffering so much, but then I got it too on Saturday :(

Today is day 3 of Proper Ill. I'm even considering going back to bed! :eek:

Soldato
Nightmare, i've known a few people recently be very ill and then testing positive for Covid, not sure if it's that. It seems like people forget there are regular colds/flu these days though!

Sometimes i shock myself at being a wonderful husband. My wifes illness causes her fingers to swell up causing her engagement/wedding rings to get tight and make things worse, turning her fingers red. We went back to the jewellers who made them to ask about enlarging them and to get her an eternity ring aswell.
Whilst there she saw a diamond necklace she really liked but was quite expensive, and i've just rang him up asking him to put it to one side for when we return.

That's a lot of diamonds for her, it should go some way to make up for me constantly abandoning her to go running for hours at a time on weekends!

Nightmare, i've known a few people recently be very ill and then testing positive for Covid, not sure if it's that. It seems like people forget there are regular colds/flu these days though!

Sometimes i shock myself at being a wonderful husband. My wifes illness causes her fingers to swell up causing her engagement/wedding rings to get tight and make things worse, turning her fingers red. We went back to the jewellers who made them to ask about enlarging them and to get her an eternity ring aswell.
Whilst there she saw a diamond necklace she really liked but was quite expensive, and i've just rang him up asking him to put it to one side for when we return.

That's a lot of diamonds for her, it should go some way to make up for me constantly abandoning her to go running for hours at a time on weekends!
Awwwww, that's really sweet. Your wife is a lucky lady.

Soldato
Yep we've both tested negative daily since Thurs, but I've ordered a PCR for her as she's really suffering. Went to the shops yesterday and they had no tissues and no cold & flu medicine left, so colds are definitely still a thing :D

Soldato
Yep we've both tested negative daily since Thurs, but I've ordered a PCR for her as she's really suffering. Went to the shops yesterday and they had no tissues and no cold & flu medicine left, so colds are definitely still a thing :D

Ha yeah, i had one between Christmas and New Year. Nothing too bad, just a cough and sore throat/blocked nose. Feels like the first time i've been ill in years!

Caporegime
Sitting at home with a mild case of COVID and i hear my Robot vacuum cleaner struggling to get out of its little room, so naturally i go to check whats going on.

The ******* cat has **** on the floor, thank god its lino, and roborock S5max has been mashing it, mopping it, driving it into the floor in a 1m2 area.

i LITERALLY JUST REPLACED THE BRUSHES AND FILTERS ON THAT THING YESTERDAY AND GAVE IT A PROPER CLEANING.

oops caps was genuinely by mistake but actually gonna leave it just like that lol.

ill post a pic lol, oh its not too bad but fml anyway today.

jOCVJRK.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom