Moon Knight (Marvel TV series)

Soldato
Well that seems like quite a departure in style for Marvel. I hope it wasn't all episode 1 then lots of generic action because it looks really interesting.

I have to say Wandavision, Loki and this have all been quite daring even if only partial successes and this looks equally daring.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Can't wait. Looks good although his costume looks more like Egyptian mummy than your typical superhero get up. Always thought he was Marvel's answer of Batman but I guess different as he has a mystical element to him.

Caporegime
Loooool

I know comic books are written by a bunch of whacky, possibly, drug enjoying, writers but what on earth is this.

Yeah I'm sure I'll watch it just cos it seems to be set in the UK a bit, but, Jesus .... It looks poopoly stupid.

Soldato
Can't wait. Looks good although his costume looks more like Egyptian mummy than your typical superhero get up. Always thought he was Marvel's answer of Batman but I guess different as he has a mystical element to him.

He was Marvel's "dark" anti-hero back on the early 80s, around the time Frank Miller re-invented Daredevil.

His powers come from some Egyptian god, and he smites the criminals. At the time it was a bit daring, but now looks hopelessly dated. Nice art though, as I remember...

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I got a funny feeling his cockney accent is one of his personalities. So will no doubt revert to Mark Spectre persona once he links to Khonshu.

Soldato

He's sort of Batman and Punisher, but Marvel don't seem to know what to do with him. He has a lot of potential, but the biggest problem is that Disney keep screwing this stuff up, and the best Moon Knight would be one far too violent for Disney+.

Initially his character was powered by the Moon God Konshu (after Spectre dies, is resurrected as Konshu's servant and imbued with Konshu's power), and his different personas were disguises (like Batman and Bruce Wayne), but later versions had him have multiple personalities, so he became an unreliable narrator, and you were never sure if the story was actually happening, or if it was a figment of his madness (including his service to Konshu or if Konshu existed at all).

Here's a good video to introduce the character.

Soldato
He's sort of Batman and Punisher, but Marvel don't seem to know what to do with him. He has a lot of potential, but the biggest problem is that Disney keep screwing this stuff up, and the best Moon Knight would be one far too violent for Disney+.

Initially his character was powered by the Moon God Konshu (after Spectre dies, is resurrected as Konshu's servant and imbued with Konshu's power), and his different personas were disguises (like Batman and Bruce Wayne), but later versions had him have multiple personalities, so he became an unreliable narrator, and you were never sure if the story was actually happening, or if it was a figment of his madness (including his service to Konshu or if Konshu existed at all).

yeah I read the back story and depending on which way they go it could be a very good series and I was personally interested to see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom