• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD confirms Ryzen 7 5800X3D launches this spring, Zen4 Raphael in 2H 2022

Soldato
Did you not read the slide? It's from De8auer testing of the BCLK external clock gen, using an ASUS Z690 Apex and 32GB of DDR5 6000MHz RAM... the CPU costs 1/3 that of the board, and in total makes up 10% of the cost of the platform it is installed on to get those results.

I stand corrected.

I saw that it was cinebench and remembered that GN saw a 1% difference between ddr4 and ddr5 when they looked into it. (Cinebench at least) What they did not do is extreme overclocking with any of the components.

Associate
And now we have Intels budget 6 core beating AMDs 8 cores, no wonder Gelsinger is saying AMD is in the rear view mirror.

Screenshot-212.png
You've made yourself look a little silly talking udget crown when comparing the syetm specs

Soldato
Judging by this it isn't suprise that 5800x-3d beat ADL 12900K
You talk like 5800X3D has been reviewed, all we've seen so far is a single AMD slide with a tie in half the games shown so I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions yet especially considering how AMD marketed the 6500XTs performance vs what the reviewers found.

Associate
Yeah Lisa is putting some dodgy benchmarks out there recently, best wait for reviews before claiming 58003D gaming king.
They showed leading performance in Far Cry, game that favors ADL, and in that game ADL looks much better than in other games when compared against Zen3. Defeating Intel in that game is impressive and it require huge gains, and that game isn't some eSport game which some Intel fanboys use as a argument.

Soldato
Ouch ryzen wishes it could overclock like Intel :cry:

looks like the 5800x3d will be competing with the i5-12400 lmao

Core wishes it could scale and sell like Ryzen.

Intel really should bring back the Core Duo brand for all the big+little stuff.

Associate
I recall how Ryzen 3000 saw AMD match or beat Intel in CS:GO to then fall short elsewhere in gaming so FC6 on X3D could be a similar outlier. Not to criticise the 3000 series, they were superb, and also the gap Alder Lake has created isn't as big as the one AMD had to bridge recently in most titles.

Associate
I recall how Ryzen 3000 saw AMD match or beat Intel in CS:GO to then fall short elsewhere in gaming so FC6 on X3D could be a similar outlier. Not to criticise the 3000 series, they were superb, and also the gap Alder Lake has created isn't as big as the one AMD had to bridge recently in most titles.
CS:GO is eSport game, and Intel fanboys always use that argument. FC6 isn't esport game. But there is also CS:GO benchmark, and result are tied, while original Zen 3 is losing.

Soldato
They showed leading performance in Far Cry, game that favors ADL, and in that game ADL looks much better than in other games when compared against Zen3. Defeating Intel in that game is impressive and it require huge gains, and that game isn't some eSport game which some Intel fanboys use as a argument.

It doesn't matter what they showed because the 6500xt benchmarks they showed at the same event have turned out to be trash and now we're expected to believe the 5800x3D charts were made with a much higher quality of care and unbiasedness? Sorry if I find it a little hard to believe

Associate
You talk like 5800X3D has been reviewed, all we've seen so far is a single AMD slide with a tie in half the games shown so I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions yet especially considering how AMD marketed the 6500XTs performance vs what the reviewers found.
So you are critising people for basing an opinion on released details from the manufacturer unjet when ADL was yet to be released you posted the below

Productivity wise it looks like the 12600k will demolish the equivalently priced AMD 5600X and it also beats the higher priced 5800X.
(posted on Sep 19th)

Associate
So you are critising people for basing an opinion on released details from the manufacturer unjet when ADL was yet to be released you posted the below

(posted on Sep 19th)
And he said we shouldn't jump to conclusion, and yet he dind't see that in a slide above Intel platform used high end motherboard, while AMD used budget one, but that didn't stop him to jump to conclusion. He sees only what he wants to see and ignore everyting other, while telling people to see whole picture. He does opposite of everything he says we should do, nowdays kids....

Soldato
It doesn't matter what they showed because the 6500xt benchmarks they showed at the same event have turned out to be trash and now we're expected to believe the 5800x3D charts were made with a much higher quality of care and unbiasedness? Sorry if I find it a little hard to believe

AMD had built up some credibility, but they seem to have damaged that with the 6500XT claims. HUB has it matching the RX570 in RE Village (*if* it's running PCIe 4.0) while AMD showed a slide making it look like the 6500XT was leading by a large margin. -And the 6500XT *loses* buy a chunk when running at PCIe 3.0! (The spec a LOT

If AMD's claims about the 5800X3D are as accurate as their claims about the 6500XT, well, we should *really* wait for independent testing.

Back
Top Bottom