What TV shows are you currently watching

Just finished season 2 of "Hidden" on iplayer, a Welsh detective series, surprisingly good. Started "Undercover" on Netflix, a flemish cop drama which is good too.
I thought season 2 of Hidden was a lot better and much darker than the first.

Think the issue I had with the first was that I couldn't unsee the killer as one of the dopey youngsters in the comedy, My Family.

Soldato
I thought season 2 of Hidden was a lot better and much darker than the first.

Think the issue I had with the first was that I couldn't unsee the killer as one of the dopey youngsters in the comedy, My Family.

Would recommend Hinterland to follow Hidden.

There's a season three on S4C but not out on iplayer until later on this year, couldn't get it to load via the S4C web player annoyingly.

Soldato
Archive 81 on Netflix.

Slow start, but in a good way.
Intrigued as to what is going on....

Literally just came on here to write exactly the same. Seems a good series so far after 1 episode. I just hope it doesn't turn in to something silly.

Good to hear. About to start this tonight after finishing 'The One' which turned out to be ever-so slightly better than expected. The concept is similar to a French Netflix drama a saw some time ago.

Man of Honour
“Outlier” Norwegian cop/murder drama on All 4, slow start but gradually takes off.
Hanne Mathisen Haga as Maja Angell is a classic case of a woman who’s not beautiful, but is goddam attractive.

Man of Honour
I'm sure this will be too low brow for most people on here to admit to, but I recently watched the new quiz on 4 with Jimmy Carr called I literally just told you. Best new quiz in ages and had me in stitches. Episode 2 being the highlight.

Just saw some of this - it is something which really shouldn't work but at least as a novelty is genuinely hilarious.

Soldato
I've just started on The Kominsky Method on Netflix with Michael Douglas. (An 8.2 on iMDB)

An aging actor, who long ago enjoyed a brush with fame, makes his living as an acting coach.

I'm only 6 eps in, but so far it's mainly based around MD's characters prostate... Quite enjoying it filling my 20 minute comedy show slot.

I see Ozark is back this week, along with Billions next week... to add to other episodic shows I'm still watching -

The Rookie
The Blacklist
New Amsterdam
Boba Fett
Seal Team
and also now working through the last season of The Expanse.

I've also got two other comedies lined up, American Auto (by the people that did Superstore) and Girls5Eva (no idea about this one tbh).

Soldato
Trakt tells me S05E12 aired in Oct last year and this is S06E01 coming on the 24th.

Cheers, will get onto S5 after Succession then.

Talking of which, 2 episodes in now and although i'm really enjoying it, I haven't found a character to get behind yet, there are all inherently unlikable. If it does continues like this without some good character development, I may struggle to keep watching it.

Associate
Finished watching Station Eleven. It was not bad. It has a few heartwarming scenes and a interesting storyline.
The ending felt pretty neutral and open ended. Maybe a 2nd season could be on the road in the future.

Just started to watch the Peacemaker.

Soldato
I've been watching clone wars. Previously tried but couldn't get into it. Now following a reddit guide on hand picked story arcs and important events.

Amazing. Some episodes or arcs could be movies in themselves. Still got about 3 seasons left.

Caporegime
I watched all of the recent BBC adaptation of Around the World in 80 Days with David Tennant. I like DT and I quite enjoyed it. It's family style entertainment but it casts an interesting and critical eye on the cads of the Empire and handles some more modern moral issues without getting too clumsy or contrived.

Just finished that. First episode or two i wasnt sure but it really grew on my and by the time I got to the end i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Great visuals, great acting and fantastic score by Hans Zimmer.

Back
Top Bottom