The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Man of Honour
Seems like a show that didn't need making to me. Big LOTR fan, both books and films, but not fussed with a prequel show much at all. Same with the GOT prequel, just dont care.

Conversely I'm the opposite opinion - if they actually go to the trouble of making a compelling, epic with a decent story line and attention to detail. There is a ton of interesting background material for the LOTR universe.

As per someone's comment on the title reveal trailer - a show like this is either going to be a masterpiece or a train-wreck - there is little room for a middle ground.

Soldato
500 million dollar budget and yet the biggest name I can see attached to it is Lenny Henry..Also worth noting that Tom Shippey left the project very early on.

I don't think it will be any good.

Soldato
Amazon produced stuff seems to generally be a mixture of hit or miss with mostly miss, hoping this will be a hit as there's a lot of interesting lore these prequels could cover and lead upto the time of Lotr trilogy, the hobbit set the bar low so hopefully it will be better

Soldato
500 million dollar budget and yet the biggest name I can see attached to it is Lenny Henry..Also worth noting that Tom Shippey left the project very early on.

I don't think it will be any good.
Lenny Henry? You’ve got to be ****ing me, I can’t stand him!

Hopefully they won’t make a mess of this like Wheel of Time.

Soldato
Surely this can't be any worse than the abysmal Hobbit trilogy? Can it? Actually, with the way things are going of late, it possibly could be :(

My hopes are not high, but I'll keep an eye on the reviews just in case as I'd love it to be good.

Back
Top Bottom