iRacing

Soldato
Thanks everyone,

after spending ages reading the sporting code, I'm surprised at the amount of idiots on track. Surely everyone knows to take it easy at turn 1, but nope.....people go steaming in lol

Soldato
Thanks everyone,

after spending ages reading the sporting code, I'm surprised at the amount of idiots on track. Surely everyone knows to take it easy at turn 1, but nope.....people go steaming in lol
You read the code? That's better than 99% of other drivers. :p
To be honest doesn't get much better in some officials either. 'Fixed' races seem to be the worst however the longer the race the more chill people seem to be. Also the higher up the splits you go while there's still idiots there the drivers can control their car better so don't accidently knock other cars off the track as much.

Soldato
You read the code? That's better than 99% of other drivers. :p
To be honest doesn't get much better in some officials either. 'Fixed' races seem to be the worst however the longer the race the more chill people seem to be. Also the higher up the splits you go while there's still idiots there the drivers can control their car better so don't accidently knock other cars off the track as much.

I did, I thought I had to haha

To be honest, I mainly did it so I didn't feel like an idiot not knowing what to do when the flags come out and whatnot. I think I'm the only person who goes back to the pits after the race lol (gotta pretend it's the real thing)

40 odd pages as well

Soldato
I did, I thought I had to haha

To be honest, I mainly did it so I didn't feel like an idiot not knowing what to do when the flags come out and whatnot. I think I'm the only person who goes back to the pits after the race lol (gotta pretend it's the real thing)

40 odd pages as well

I wave at the crowd. Damn this VR is immersive :D

Man of Honour
You should always do an in-lap. You're measured on your driving across the whole session, so while doing an in-lap won't add much to your safety rating, you might get an extra 0.01, which when grinding safety rating, always helps.

I also didn't know until yesterday that the 3 minute practise session before qualifying is included in your safety rating as well, so if you just mess about and crash or go off track in practise (once the race session starts) then you'll hurt your safety rating as well

Soldato
You should always do an in-lap. You're measured on your driving across the whole session, so while doing an in-lap won't add much to your safety rating, you might get an extra 0.01, which when grinding safety rating, always helps.

I also didn't know until yesterday that the 3 minute practise session before qualifying is included in your safety rating as well, so if you just mess about and crash or go off track in practise (once the race session starts) then you'll hurt your safety rating as well
The 3 minute warmup is something like 0.25x the affect of incidents in a race and quali is about 0.5 I believe

Man of Honour
The 3 minute warmup is something like 0.25x the affect of incidents in a race and quali is about 0.5 I believe

Oh sure, it's not the full amount, but it's still worth knowing as I see some people just having a laugh in there, crashing in to walls etc then probably wondering why their 0 incident race didn't reward them quite as much as they expected

Soldato
Now we've got more active racers here it would seem, shall we get a small list of names together so we can add each other.

Some of you have me already but for those that dont

Antony Myatt

I don't mind being bottom of the pack. I'm game :D

Do I need a headset? I've only got headphones, and no Mic at the mo.

Back
Top Bottom