*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
So we’ve had a bit of a living room shuffle and our SL’s will have to be wall mounted to retain the 5.1.

Anyone bought the Sonos wall mounts or equivalent?

How low from the ceiling should I put them as we can't have them at the height that they currently are on the Flexson stands.

Associate
So we’ve had a bit of a living room shuffle and our SL’s will have to be wall mounted to retain the 5.1.

Anyone bought the Sonos wall mounts or equivalent?

How low from the ceiling should I put them as we can't have them at the height that they currently are on the Flexson stands.

I currently use the Flexon floor stands, but I do have a spare pair of black Flexon wall mounts. I may list them on the marketplace this week if I get time!

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Soldato
I currently have a playbar with two play 1s and a sub. Am thinking of upgrading the playbar to the arc. Does anyone think this is worth it?

Yeah, it's a massive difference for TV and movies and worth it if you watch those a lot. Not so much a difference music wise though.

Soldato
So I have a rectangular open plan kitchen/dining room. It’s not very wide though. It’s roughly 4m x 15m

I’m looking at getting the ceiling speakers with the amp. That allows up to 6 speakers but what’s the best way to set it up for that?

Is it better to have a line of say 4 equally spread through the middle of the ceiling or go 2 near the walls maybe 4m in then another gap of 4m to the other 2?

Soldato
On the sub, I've seen rumours of a smaller, cheaper sub mini on its way. It may make sense to pair that with a beam in future. https://www-whathifi-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.whathifi.com/amp/news/sonos-sub-mini-spotted-smaller-cylindrical-version-of-the-sonos-sub?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a8&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16437081955653&referrer=https://www.google.com&ampshare=https://www.whathifi.com/news/sonos-sub-mini-spotted-smaller-cylindrical-version-of-the-sonos-sub

I'm still considering a Beam Gen 2. Our TV and living room are too small for anything much bigger
Having trouble convincing the wife about any extra speakers for a surround setup.

The IKEA Sonos range may be a good option for rears! Worth a look

Soldato
Just had Planet Rock announce they’re not supporting the TuneIn service. Now I listen to Planet Rock on my Sonos several times a week for over 8 years so it will be a bit of a loss. I checked the Planet Rock webby and at first glance Sonos is not supported. Anyone know more than me, it’s entirely possible I’m being dim about this.

Man of Honour
Just had Planet Rock announce they’re not supporting the TuneIn service. Now I listen to Planet Rock on my Sonos several times a week for over 8 years so it will be a bit of a loss. I checked the Planet Rock webby and at first glance Sonos is not supported. Anyone know more than me, it’s entirely possible I’m being dim about this.
Is it on Sonos Radio?

Edit, just checked mine and I can see it.

Soldato
@ChrisD. Ah thx, I'll check Sonos Radio. I thought that was all Sonos produced channels not really looked. I've always used the TuneIn radio station list on Sonos. At the moment I can see Planet Rock but it now starts with a warning that the service ends on Saturday and the PR webby makes no mention of any other speakers than Alexa and Chromecast.

Cheers I''ll have another look

Man of Honour
@ChrisD. Ah thx, I'll check Sonos Radio. I thought that was all Sonos produced channels not really looked. I've always used the TuneIn radio station list on Sonos. At the moment I can see Planet Rock but it now starts with a warning that the service ends on Saturday and the PR webby makes no mention of any other speakers than Alexa and Chromecast.

Cheers I''ll have another look
You can listen to UK radio with Sonos Radio for free. You get an ad at the start of the stream for the Sonos Radio HD service, apart from that it works perfectly. I only really listen to Absolute, Radio X and Radio 2 but all work fine.

Back
Top Bottom