• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD RADEON 6500 XT IN STOCK @ OcUK FOR £179.99 (PRICE SUPPORTED STOCK NOW SOLD OUT) ***

Associate
I said it's one up from integrated graphics and lacks lots of features. The RX570 was always a card I would look at as the entry level for enthusiast level of graphics performance, 5 years on and the cost to the performance metric has got worse.

There a loads of folk whose are not enthusiasts. Maybe they they want a cheap card. Which are completely absent from the market.

There is a market for this card, end of story.

Soldato
Well i got one of these today, cheapest one in stock the sapphire pulse.

I previously had a 3060Ti. I play one game only - Fortnite @ 1440p. The 3060Ti ran max settings ( Epic ) with DLSS @ around 120FPS. Having a £600 card playing one game was overkill so i bit the bullet and got a 6500XT

Played extensivley tonight and settled on all high settings ( one step down from epic ) - No DLSS - and im getting a pretty consistant 70 FPS @ 1440p. Yes a pretty big drop but still perfectly playable. Better than my old GTX1080 could do and also better than the RX470 i had before that.

For the price its a good card in my opinion. After selling the 3060Ti on MM and then buying the 6500XT im left with almost £400 change. Win win for me i think.

Caporegime

I previously had a 3060Ti. I play one game only - Fortnite @ 1440p. The 3060Ti ran max settings ( Epic ) with DLSS @ around 120FPS. Having a £600 card playing one game was overkill so i bit the bullet and got a 6500XT

Played extensivley tonight and settled on all high settings ( one step down from epic ) - No DLSS - and im getting a pretty consistant 70 FPS @ 1440p. Yes a pretty big drop but still perfectly playable. Better than my old GTX1080 could do and also better than the RX470 i had before that.

For the price its a good card in my opinion. After selling the 3060Ti on MM and then buying the 6500XT im left with almost £400 change. Win win for me i think.
Nice one, not bad for 1440p.

Associate
I reckon this card exists to get rid of the worst chips, or otherwise sell the stuff that's bottom of the power curve. Which I guess is fine what with buyer beware and all that, but my opinion of AMD has worsened after this. Especially the hypocrisy around "4GB isn't enough for gaming".

Associate
I reckon this card exists to get rid of the worst chips, or otherwise sell the stuff that's bottom of the power curve. Which I guess is fine what with buyer beware and all that, but my opinion of AMD has worsened after this. Especially the hypocrisy around "4GB isn't enough for gaming".

The worst of the Navi 24 chips?

Somewhat unlikely IMO, as these are the known/speculated Navi 24 entries on TPU's GPU spec pages:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/
VnUvxR9.png
So far the only other one released is W6400 and 6500 XT is by the better chip. Voltage binning might play a part if TPU has the correct specs for the 6500M, but I'd say if they had lots of chips which couldn't hit the 6500M's power requirements, they could just sell them as 6300M or W6400.

Soldato

Shush, you're not allowed for experience to get in the way of the predictions of armchair experts.

Back
Top Bottom