What is your favourite mouse?

Soldato
Any Xtrfy users here? Just wondering how they are for general quality control. That seems to be the biggest issue with mice these days.
Have an Xtrfy M4, my father has two (he was so happy with his first, he bought two more and gifted me one as mine had been playing up), best mouse i've used in years, would never have gone for one myself (the price is a bit rich for my liking) but been thrilled since i started using it (the shape/design reminds me of razer and intelli mice and suits my hand size perfectly). Not a particular fan of RGB and light effects(i keep it on solid single colour, instead of moving/rotating lightshow), but it has an off setting(if you prefer that).

Soldato
Have an Xtrfy M4, my father has two (he was so happy with his first, he bought two more and gifted me one as mine had been playing up), best mouse i've used in years, would never have gone for one myself (the price is a bit rich for my liking) but been thrilled since i started using it (the shape/design reminds me of razer and intelli mice and suits my hand size perfectly). Not a particular fan of RGB and light effects(i keep it on solid single colour, instead of moving/rotating lightshow), but it has an off setting(if you prefer that).
Thanks for that - seems to be a winner. Just need to decide on whether or not to go for the M4 as is, or wait for reviews for the wireless model...

Soldato
Thanks for that - seems to be a winner. Just need to decide on whether or not to go for the M4 as is, or wait for reviews for the wireless model...
Long time G pro wireless user here I just got the Xtrfy MZ1 zy's Rail today and its great! If your are finger tip or claw grip user i recommend checking it out. It might look strange but the shape is actually genius the buttons feel amazing aswell.

Soldato
Long time G pro wireless user here I just got the Xtrfy MZ1 zy's Rail today and its great! If your are finger tip or claw grip user i recommend checking it out. It might look strange but the shape is actually genius the buttons feel amazing aswell.
I had been looking at it and love that somebody has done something different regarding shape... we need more of that. I typically use palm grip though, but the MZ1 is still something I'd love to play around with.

Soldato
Mountain Makalu 67 - after a dodgy start with 2 faulty ones I have a working one and its probably the closest a mouse has got to my endgame. Perfect ergonomics, weight, performace, just spot on

Soldato
I had been looking at it and love that somebody has done something different regarding shape... we need more of that. I typically use palm grip though, but the MZ1 is still something I'd love to play around with.

Its a nice mouse the buttons are the best I have used and the RGB looks great, but I found after few hours my hand hurts its a bit small and the hump on the back does not really let you relax your grip.

Associate
I'm still using a Logitech g900 - i think it's the best mouse I've ever used and it's still in great condition (I'm a South paw so have to stick to ambidextrous nice until razer do some more left handed editions).

I just wish the wireless charging mouse pad was a bit more reasonably priced.

Soldato
I wont lie, was off to a shaky start but honestly, its rock solid and the shape is awesome. I have never once noticed the cable in the way nor do I feel it and my last 3 mice have all been wireless
Hmmm. I may just take a punt then. The shape is the important thing and comparing it to other mice I've used over on RTINGS, it looks nigh on perfect for me... Thanks for the feedback!

Soldato
I've got a few mice right now, I have some thoughts on all of them. (I have more but they are much older and not made anymore like the G700, G602, several old Death Adders, etc)

Logitech G305 (favourite wireless)
Razer Mamba Wireless
Coolermaster MM710 (favourite wired)
HyperX Pulsefire Haste

For gaming I really like the Logitech G305, I own several (several gaming systems). They are close to perfect for my hand size and grip style, I've got smaller, slimmer hands and I tend to use a claw grip and they work so well for that, they are light enough, the buttons feel great, really nice positive and fast actuation, the scroll wheel is also 'just right', the last one I bought which was late last year I got for £25 aswell, so a really good value mouse too although you will see them for anywhere from that to about £40 depending on the day, weather or the kind of mood Putin is in. I have 2 very minor criticisms, the mouse isn't totally balanced it's weighted towards the rear slightly because of the use of an AA battery and while the mouse wheel isn't high I would like it more if it sat a little lower, rather like the Steel Series Rival 3 (I don't like the overall shape of that mouse as much though) and the Hyper X Pulsefire Haste. Highly recommended but probably not so good if you have large hands I imagine.

For work I actually use a larger mouse, a Razer Mamba Wireless, mostly because I used it before I transitioned to the G305 as I realised a smaller mouse worked better for me for gaming so I had it anyway and it's very comfortable for palming, often when I am working I will just rest my whole hand on the mouse so it works well for that where as the G305 doesn't, and the over all shape is great, I find that compared to the G305 though I can't respond as quickly with it and it's length means I can't pivot it as precisely with my thumb and ring-finger, I actually bought the Mamba Wireless originally as I had previously used various evolutions of the Death Adder and it was essentially the same shape, but wireless, this was years before an actual wireless Deathadder was made, it's a really comfortable mouse though and would work for anyone with any sized hand I think, but smaller hands will be palm gripping this one imo. This is the one I have had the longest on this list and also by far the most expensive mouse here.

Wireless and sensor performance is basically the same between these 2, I can't tell the difference in practice but then I use 1000dpi and don't really change it on the fly, for a long time I used 800dpi but I have in recent times decided to try a slightly higher dpi to see if it helps with using the MM710 more as the less I need to move my hand the less annoying a cable will be. We'll see.

The Coolermaster MM710 and a Hyper X Pulsefire Haste wired ultralights are both made to the same formula but quite different in the hand. The MM710 is my favourite for gaming, it really works well for me but I just can't get used to being cabled after years of not being again, despite the fact it has the best clicks, button feel and glide of all of the mice I have mentioned imo and I can get this one around the desk faster than any other ...except when the cable stops me! to clarify this a little I can be fine with it for hours and then something happens that just makes me dislike cabled mice again, tbh I think it might be more none-gaming that makes me feel this way though, not sure, I'm experimenting with this but I really like the MM710 ...if it was wireless it would be perfect for me.

The Hyper X Pulsefire Haste is nice, but not quite the right shape for me, it's a bit too low slung for palming and too long to claw for me, because the back drops off a bit too quickly it doesn't support my hand in the way the Mamba does for just general desktop usage, this one is in the cupboard, I like it, I just don't have a place for it really, I bought it as I had read great things about and I was curious really and the sensor, clicks and button feel, scroll wheel and over all construction and feel are great just not my shape.

I think these days, all of the well known names are producing great gaming mice, the actual performance is really rather indistinguishable I think, what really matters is shape and feel, does it suite you, this should be the decider for everyone I think.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
The Hyper X Pulsefire Haste is nice, but not quite the right shape for me, it's a bit too low slung for palming and too long to claw for me, because the back drops off a bit too quickly it doesn't support my hand in the way the Mamba does for just general desktop usage, this one is in the cupboard, I like it, I just don't have a place for it really, I bought it as I had read great things about and I was curious really and the sensor, clicks and button feel, scroll wheel and over all construction and feel are great just not my shape.

The HyperX Pulsefire Haste is actually a Zowie FK2 clone. Just a smidge wider.

https://www.rtings.com/mouse/tools/...q-zowie-fk2-b?overlap=stacked&texture=outline

Associate
I was using an OG deathadder for many years but recently moved to the Razor Viper Mini. I wasn't expecting much for around £20 but it's been amazing past few months. I think for the price it's a bargain.

Associate
I'd recommend trying an xlite wireless if anyone's an ergo player, basically a 58/59g superlight version of a model D wireless (EC2), feels like the same click response as the deathadder v2 wired to me. There's also a new v2 version due in a month or so that has smooth sides with the same weight and includes a D- size.

Back
Top Bottom