AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
Wish I could say the same!

Pretty much every time I use them, one of them doesn't pair or 'wake up'. Or is completely flat as it presumably doesn't make proper contact with the charge points. I have to jimmy them into the right position until my phone tells me they are charging and not just sitting in the case.

As Feek mentioned I think this sounds like a faulty set of airpods mate, would recommend getting them replaced under warranty if you still have.

Soldato
i guess my only gripe is the price. is the sound quality decent with them?

ive just picked up a 44mm LTE Apple Watch for £125 which was a bargain so thinking the airpods would just top the trio off nicely.
They’re fantastic.

Watch something on Netflix with Dolby sound and the spatial audio enabled, crystal clear audio and sounds great.

Soldato
I'm no audiophile, and believe there are better out there, but for me I find them perfectly fine. You can always try them and send them back if you're not happy with them if bought from Apple directly.
thats the isue, they are £25 dearer direct from apple (if i include the 10% nhs discount) so makes sense to buy them from elsewhere.

They’re fantastic.

Watch something on Netflix with Dolby sound and the spatial audio enabled, crystal clear audio and sounds great.

there is no lag with video audio then? (using phone) youtube was an issue i had with some other wireless in ears.

Soldato
thats the isue, they are £25 dearer direct from apple (if i include the 10% nhs discount) so makes sense to buy them from elsewhere.

there is no lag with video audio then? (using phone) youtube was an issue i had with some other wireless in ears.

Nope, none that I’ve ever noticed. :)

Soldato
My partner has lost her gen 2s. Very tempted to hand her my gen 2s and get some threes, but I keep ogling the pros. Wish they had proper find my integration.

Soldato
Feek - was it you that mentioned Apple accepting air pod returns? I’d like to try the pros…just don’t want to be stung as I know a lot of places won’t accept returns on earphones

Commissario
Feek - was it you that mentioned Apple accepting air pod returns? I’d like to try the pros…just don’t want to be stung as I know a lot of places won’t accept returns on earphones
Yes, you can take any Apple product back within the first two weeks for a full refund. I bought AirPods Pro on launch day and returned them less than a week later.

Don
There’s also the Beats Fit Pro if you want AirPod Pro features in a different form factor.

I've ordered some Beats Fit Pros this week. My dog chewed one of my Airpods Pros recently, causing ANC to no longer function in that ear so I was needing a replacement. I could have bought a single bud from Apple I suppose but the charging case got chewed too and by the time I've bought both I'm pretty close to a new set on cost.
Will post back with how the Beats compare.

Soldato
Hmm, will probably try the pros. Though I think we’re perilously close to the pros 2 and some form of lossless/ALAC wizardry. Just not sure how much I’d notice of good vs better

Don
I received my Beats Fit Pros yesterday and have clocked up about 4 hours of listening time so far. Here are my thoughts compared to the AirPods Pro which I have been using for about a year.

They fit and stay in my ears so much better than the APPs
Pairing and use is identical to APPs
ANC is identical to the APPs
The case is significantly larger than the APPs
The sound quality is better than the APPs to my ears. Crisper highs and more lows (without being overpowering like other Beats buds).
I much prefer the buttons on the buds rather than the force squeeze of the APPs

I think if these and the APPs were the same price then I'd absolutely get these. The fact that they are £40 cheaper makes them even better.

Soldato
managed to buy a set of pros for just under £150 new (ebay has a 20% off code at the moment) but obviously bought from a reputable shop

Soldato
I got some Beats Fit Pro to try out too and I agree with the above post, they are really good and not having anything hanging out of your ear is a bonus, I’ve more than once knocked my APP out when removing a mask.

The fact they have longer battery life and physical buttons is a bonus too.

Back
Top Bottom