Official FIFA 22 Thread

Soldato
The ones I hate are the slow ones. I just can't deal with them, they'll get the ball and just walk with it, wait till you get close then pass, then do the same again then again untill they get around your box. As soon as you get the ball they drop, then it all starts again when they get the ball again. They win by putting you to sleep, god help you if they get the first goal.

Then I had another last night, full team of the top headliners and icons acting all cleaver with the skill moves constantly. He got the first goal, then 30 seconds later I went straight down and scored to make it 1-1. The guy quit. sent him a message and he just said, "not worth it, the games rigged" lol

Not gonna lie, I like to keep possession and find gaps as opposed to just using through balls and fast players. Different styles make it more interesting. No idea why somebody would quit at 1-1. The best games are the epic come backs, I was 3 down last week and pulled one back before HT, the scored 3 in the 2nd half between from 70 mins onwards to win 4-3, felt amazing! The guy was a troll using toxic celebrations and pausing to invite me to quit. Nothing better than beating somebody like that. I had visions of him/her smashing their stuff up! :p

Caporegime
Played three games and won three games in div 2 post patch.

Driven passes have been noticeably nerfed and work far less often but normal passes are just as bad so passing generally sucks.

Pace feels like it’s also been nerfed so now slow defenders can catch quick forwards without much trouble.

Pressure tactics have been massively buffed with even less hit to stamina.

Edit: Finger on sprint for 90 minutes and knock everyone over is now the meta.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played three games and won three games in div 2 post patch.

Driven passes have been noticeably nerfed and work far less often but normal passes are just as bad so passing generally sucks.

Pace feels like it’s also been nerfed so now slow defenders can catch quick forwards without much trouble.

Pressure tactics have been massively buffed with even less hit to stamina.

Edit: Finger on sprint for 90 minutes and knock everyone over is now the meta.

agree about all that.
Seems my players just don't want to make forward runs anymore unless I trigger them constantly, even then they seem to cancel the run quicker than before.
The cdm's just don't seem to stay put any more, guenduzi for me is all over the pitch when he usually stays centeral.

Man of Honour
Just played a few games on the new patch. They seem to have made everything worse. Great.

Suppose we shouldn’t be surprised.

Man of Honour
This was a very significant patch, admittedly you're more likely to notice things if you play often and regularly (and against the tryhards).

• Players are still very difficult to tackle and can dribble around your defenders too easily in the box
  • Not seen anyone try the corner glitch yet so I assume that's fixed
  • Goalkeepers are a joke now, if you apply enough power and aim for the far post, it just hits their hands and goes in
  • Driven passing still works to an extent
  • Shooting is a complete lottery now
  • I've had to dial down my aggressive tactics as there's just way too much space in behind now
I managed to just about get things settled and now it feels like I'm having to re-learn the game, which is annoying, but not the first time it's happened with FIFA...

Worth pointing out I'm on PS5... maybe PS4 is different.

Soldato
Had the privilege to have too many decent players in the club that it made it hard to come up with a team as I keep wanting to play everyone.
Decided to go full send on the base/mid icon PP and managed to get Mid Puskas. Thankfully he appeard as the 3rd choice as the first two were base Nedved and mid Pires :eek:
Now the club is drained with just about enough decent players for my subs.

Back
Top Bottom