iRacing

Man of Honour

I bloody loved this race. Was keeping the guy in front under pressure the entire race but he didn't put a foot wrong, maybe a couple of late braking points but I was hoping he'd make a bigger mistake. Still, I needed a result like this after the last few races I've had, confidence was running low :D

Associate
So yesterday I managed to get my C license. Got to safety rating of D4.6 and iRating of 2.1k before going for it. Went down the Ferrari series route for my promotion. My iRating has been hit down to 1.8k thanks to getting bummed every race now, though I am beginning to manage top 10 finishes in the races now though.

The issue of getting "matched up" with higher iRatings is even more apparent in this series. I'd say that in about 70% of races the SoF has been around the 3.7k mark.

Soldato
So yesterday I managed to get my C license. Got to safety rating of D4.6 and iRating of 2.1k before going for it. Went down the Ferrari series route for my promotion. My iRating has been hit down to 1.8k thanks to getting bummed every race now, though I am beginning to manage top 10 finishes in the races now though.

The issue of getting "matched up" with higher iRatings is even more apparent in this series. I'd say that in about 70% of races the SoF has been around the 3.7k mark.
This isn't an issue, that's just how it works. If your in the top percentile you will get matched with the top percentile. The problem with the Ferrari D class races there's a lot of not very good drivers who sign up to that with very low irating so at your 2k your probably one of the higher ones. When you get to B license in the IMSA and VRS series you will have plenty of people to race at your IR. I would never recommend doing those D class ferrari races as they just end up being are you lucky enough to avoid the cranage. Probably better off doing the Skippy as people doing that seem a lot more chill.

Man of Honour
Just did my first C License race in the Porsche Cup Fixed. Wow...what an eye opener, the difference in skill required driving the Porsche compared to something like the fixed Ferrari is mad, I thought I'd done enough practise last night, a couple of hours. Most definitely not. Started off so well but it quickly unravelled. The car just feels like it's on the edge the whole time the line between pushing enough and too much is just so hard to find at first. I really enjoyed it but it was definitely not a good result

Soldato
Just got my D license :D

I guess I now need to open my wallet and start buying cars and tracks?

Treated myself to the skip formula 2000. What an absolute blast!! Loving this game.

Not bad for my first 5 minutes. I always have the racing line on for a new track :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been in and out of this thread over the past couple of weeks trying to convince myself if iracing was worth going back to. I briefly had a go about a year ago, actually around this time last year now that I think about it.

Seeing the fun you lot are having has convinced me to jump back in. Downloading as I type this :D

Associate
That is so very cool.

My week has been rough. Managed to get my C license but since then my iRating and SR have tanked. My 2.1K is now 1.7k and my SR is now C2.67.

Really despise the Charlotte track for MX-5s this week and find myself getting frustrated and as a result make silly silly mistakes.

Soldato
That is so very cool.

My week has been rough. Managed to get my C license but since then my iRating and SR have tanked. My 2.1K is now 1.7k and my SR is now C2.67.

Really despise the Charlotte track for MX-5s this week and find myself getting frustrated and as a result make silly silly mistakes.

I did that race this morning which got me to D. I've only had the game a week, took me 4 races to go from Rookie to D. Really wasn't sure of the MX-5 at first, but after doing god knows how many practise laps I kinda started to enjoy it. Didn't do very well in the race, think I finished 7th, but more importantly I kept out of trouble. It was the first race I'd been in where everyone behaved themselves.

Soldato
I did that race this morning which got me to D. I've only had the game a week, took me 4 races to go from Rookie to D. Really wasn't sure of the MX-5 at first, but after doing god knows how many practise laps I kinda started to enjoy it. Didn't do very well in the race, think I finished 7th, but more importantly I kept out of trouble. It was the first race I'd been in where everyone behaved themselves.

I was just looking through my stats. I thought those would have been wiped from a year ago so it's very nice they've been saved. I was horrible in the 7 races I had with the MX-5. I went well over 1 lap then it all fell to pieces haha. Looks like I made it to D class in those 7 races though, which is nice.

Soldato
Just got my D license :D

I guess I now need to open my wallet and start buying cars and tracks.
Congrats and yes.
Careful its a slippery slope. And as you probably know already best to buy stuff in bulks of 3 or 6 for the discount.

Also for next season if you do 8 races across a few series you can get an extra $10 added to your account. Which is better than nothing.

Soldato
Iracing is expensive there's no way around it but with planning the season ahead you can get decent discounts than a scattergun approach to buying content.
Anyone else do daytona? We finished 7th in the Lambo which was a decent result after some early setbacks.

Associate
Iracing is expensive there's no way around it but with planning the season ahead you can get decent discounts than a scattergun approach to buying content.
Anyone else do daytona? We finished 7th in the Lambo which was a decent result after some early setbacks.
I'd have loved to have done Daytona but didn't have a team nor did I want to be a burden to any other teams given my "3 and a half week iRacing experience".

Man of Honour
Yeah I've spent $300 since getting my D license, and that was 4 weeks ago. Granted I've been doing 4-5 series so it doesn't have to be that expensive, but...it's certainly not a cheap game to play

Thankfully since getting my C license, I've barely spent anything as most of the content I purchased previously has covered me, just needed to buy 2 cars and 1 track

Back
Top Bottom