Meat Loaf has passed away. RIP

Man of Honour
Bat Out Of Hell was the album that got me into Rock music. One of my cousins gave it to me for Christmas one year and I took one look at the cover and thought this really isn't my thing but I stuck it on and played it over and over that day as I loved it. Only 74 years old, he has been taken before his time. RIP Meatloaf. :(

Caporegime
I feel physically gutted. From the very first moment i listened to BOOH in my dads car aged 10, I’ve absolutely loved him and his music, it wasn’t just songs, it was epic storytelling in the form of a song. I found him unique and captivating. Never gave anything less than 100%. Used to need oxygen between songs at times. One of my most favourite concerts ever was seeing him at Wembley arena in the early 2000’s.

I feel genuinely sad and upset this morning.

Last edited:
Soldato
One of my most favourite concerts ever was seeing him at Wembley arena in the early 2000’s.
He had a bit of a hiccup during one of those performances and ended up spending a couple of nights in our hospital, which is where I met him.
Genuinely lovely guy, proper trooper and exceptionally grateful for us NHS staff. He even sent each of his nurses a large bouquet of flowers.

Man of Honour
I guess we will never know what it was that he wouldn't do.

According to the song, things that Meat Loaf wouldn’t do include “forget the way you feel right now”, “forgive myself if we don’t go all the way tonight”, “do it better than I do it with you” and “stop dreaming of you every night of my life”.
HTH

Caporegime
Sad news to wake up to this morning. Bat Out of Hell II was one of my first ever albums that I bought on tape and I played it so much I wore the tape out, absolutely love his music.

Stand out memory for me was being on a coach for a school trip back in 94 listening to Bat Out Of Hell II on my walkman and singing out the lyrics to Life is Lemon at the top of my voice and getting told off by the teacher for the "YOU CAN SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS" line. :D

Can't also forget his appearance ion Fight Club.

Rest easy Meat Loaf.

Soldato
I remember first hearing Bat out of Hell in the late seventies at my first ever 'Saturday' job, working sweeping up at a joiners - which was a thankless task :cry:

But the guy who put on the dodgy BooH tape on the decrepid stereo made those afternoons a far more pleasurable time, thanks whoever you were! And I'd say Paradise by the Dashboard Lights was my favourite song of his.

RIP Meat.

Soldato
I've seen him twice in Sheffield many moons ago. Got into him with my dad's records and later cds.
The King of rock opera for me. Rip big man.

Back
Top Bottom