• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
There are 100m PS4s which will need replacing over the coming years. They can afford to take a hit on CoD to make Xbox the go to platform as it was early in the 360/PS3 era.
Quote from the Bloomberg article:

"Microsoft plans to keep making some of Activision’s games for PlayStation consoles but will also keep some content exclusive to Xbox, said a person familiar with the company’s thinking.

“I’ll just say to players out there who are playing Activision Blizzard games on Sony’s platform: It’s not our intent to pull communities away from that platform and we remained committed to that,” Spencer said in an interview."

Exclusive in game content and day-one on Game Pass to entice people to switch platform makes much more sense than snatching it away.

Last edited:
Associate

"Microsoft plans to keep making some of Activision’s games for PlayStation consoles but will also keep some content exclusive to Xbox, said a person familiar with the company’s thinking.

“I’ll just say to players out there who are playing Activision Blizzard games on Sony’s platform: It’s not our intent to pull communities away from that platform and we remained committed to that,” Spencer said in an interview."

Exclusive in game content and day-one on Game Pass to entice people to switch platform makes much more sense than snatching it away.
They won't pull everything but you have to believe they will put the minimum on the PS and put the majority of new games or content on xbox you don't spend 60 billion dollars on content that isn't going to be somewhat exclusive to the xbox

Caporegime
They need big MP games like Halo and Gears, and long-running games like Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, and Grounded.

There are not big multiplayer games. Gears is not a console seller, it's done. It's dead. It was dead about a month after launch and I've played it just about every day since launch. Even Halo isn't a system seller anymore, I saw the figures on twitter a week or so back compared to other big shooters and they are small in comparison to shooters out there. Miles bigger than gears (but then Call of Juarez 2 online was bigger than Gears) but nothing to write home about.

This is the thing with the titles they have secured for gamepass, for me it's just remakes and sequels. I don't care about the back catalogue for COD etc etc I'm never going to play them. Where as back when the 360 launched all I looked forward to each month was the next new game coming. New titles, new IP. Halo and Gears have been done to death. The user base shows on a single platform why that model cannot succeed anymore. Especially not on a console that's again losing the generation.

I guess I'm alone but I'd much rather they stuck gamepass where the sun doesn't shine and have a 360 situation where there were 50 potential great games coming down the pipeline than OMG we have the COD back catalogue. There were so many great games on the 360 not once did I ever think about playing something from the OG xbox.

I agree Sony do the single titles well. I want Xbox to get back to some of that, not buy a studio for more of the same or offer me two gen old stuff at 60FPS. The Xbox 360 was about the worst piece of hardware every made, yet it was the best console I ever owned because of the games. We tolerated that RROD junk because of the titles.

Where's the new Halo, Gear, Fortnite, Minecraft? I rarely see any excitement anymore of something coming :(

Man of Honour

Same as the Bethesda press release then. Nothing removed, and no commitment to future games.

Associate
I just got a Series S from a relative who bought it, never used it, and forgot to send it back... so £100 later here I am :p I have a PS5 primarily but thought it would be handy to play through any Xbox exclusives/make use of Game Pass. My last Xbox was the 360!

What are people doing re: controller batteries? Lots on Amazon but they sound a mixed bag.
Venon Xbox series X/S twin charge station for £19.99...so much better than older charging station as controller literally sits in cradle and charges no problem. comes with 2 batteries and back plates for new controller and old controllers, usb cable to plug into back of xbox for power.

Soldato
Venon Xbox series X/S twin charge station for £19.99...so much better than older charging station as controller literally sits in cradle and charges no problem. comes with 2 batteries and back plates for new controller and old controllers, usb cable to plug into back of xbox for power.
Yep I've always used these with my xboxes. Never had an issue.

Soldato
Whats best to do to extend my ultimate sub.

So current subscriber of ultimate that expires in July, should I just get 3 months worth of gold that converts to 51 days ultimate I think, or let it expire and get a few gold yearly codes, so it converts 1:1 when I upgrade to ultimate.

I have 130'000 reward points, so I could get quite a few 3 months gold codes now (15000 reward points each). Just unsure.

Associate
Whats best to do to extend my ultimate sub.

So current subscriber of ultimate that expires in July, should I just get 3 months worth of gold that converts to 51 days ultimate I think, or let it expire and get a few gold yearly codes, so it converts 1:1 when I upgrade to ultimate.

I have 130'000 reward points, so I could get quite a few 3 months gold codes now (15000 reward points each). Just unsure.

Let it expire and do the yearly gold codes.

Soldato
Let it expire and do the yearly gold codes.

Yeah, shame MS has discontinued the 12 month codes via them, so cant use my reward points, I think they can be purchased elsewhere though for around £40, so if I get 2 years worth and then upgrade, that will work out at around £90 for 2 years of ultimate which I guess is a bargain.

Actually I could get a load of 3 month gold codes via MS with reward points, would have enough for 2 years worth, then could get a 1year code elsewhere to get 3 years worth altogether.

Soldato
The cheapest way to do it would be to let your subscription expire, then buy 3 x Brazil 1 year Xbox live codes online and apply them to your account using a vpn, then upgrade to ultimate. The deal pops up frequently on HUKD. It would cost roughly £100 for three years.

Associate
The cheapest way to do it would be to let your subscription expire, then buy 3 x Brazil 1 year Xbox live codes online and apply them to your account using a vpn, then upgrade to ultimate. The deal pops up frequently on HUKD. It would cost roughly £100 for three years.
£2.70 a month....think I could live with that;)

Soldato
Oh Turkey is even better then! My sub doesn't run out for another year or else I'd be jumping on renewing for three years. I guess I'll see what the situation is nearer the time. Should be around the time the Activision deal is completed.

Soldato

Yeah, but with my reward points, I might as well use them, I can get a load of 3 month gold codes to get to 2 years with the amount of points I have, then I only need to spend about £50 altogether for another gold code and the ultimate upgrade.
Just hope this is still a workable method by July.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, but with my reward points, I might as well use them, I can get a load of 3 month gold codes to get to 2 years with the amount of points I have, then I only need to spend about £50 altogether for another gold code and the ultimate upgrade.
Just hope this is still a workable method by July.

What about spending the reward points on the SSD for your Xbox? Or have you already got that?

Soldato
What about spending the reward points on the SSD for your Xbox? Or have you already got that?

No not got that, I was thinking about that but then I don't tend to have many games installed all at once, so I don't feel I would need it. I have about 8 games installed, some quite large files like MSFS2020, Horizon 5, Hell Let loose, Halo and then a few smaller sized games like Stardew Valley and I still have about 425gb free. I just delete as when to be honest.

Man of Honour
Not specifically Xbox related but.. my existing speakers I use in my office I've always connected either my Desktop or Xbox One X via the Optical Cable; that's obviously not an option for the Series X and the monitor I'm using has neither speakers (which would be crap anyway) or an audio out.

What would my best options be? Some kind of Soundbar? I've currently got the Logitech Z906 Surround speaker set (not that they're really setup for surround properly) but I'd be up for replacing them (it looks like I could get a decent price for them even though they are used)

Soldato
Not specifically Xbox related but.. my existing speakers I use in my office I've always connected either my Desktop or Xbox One X via the Optical Cable; that's obviously not an option for the Series X and the monitor I'm using has neither speakers (which would be crap anyway) or an audio out.

What would my best options be? Some kind of Soundbar? I've currently got the Logitech Z906 Surround speaker set (not that they're really setup for surround properly) but I'd be up for replacing them (it looks like I could get a decent price for them even though they are used)

Get this and keep the Z906s

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Audio...=hdmi+2.1+to+optical+4k,electronics,43&sr=1-6

This will work up to 4K 60Hz.

Soldato
What's everyone's thoughts on Halo Infinite MP? Just had a couple of games and really enjoyed it. Very slick and no immediate bugs from what I've seen. Think I'll play it rather than Battlefield. I tried it on my PC briefly and load times completely put me off. It's pretty amazing how quick this 450 quid device can load it and it looks great with HDR.

Back
Top Bottom