Microsoft acquire Activision

Associate
These revenues account for all of the acquisitions currently known about.
It doesn't truly reflect on it as , if playstation sells a lot less consoles because more people by xbox because it has a lot more exclusives.
Then Sony will have sold less games in general on their platform and exclusives......so no it doesn't truly reflect.
And Tencent still don't sell consoles ;):D

Man of Honour
It doesn't truly reflect on it as , if playstation sells a lot less consoles because more people by xbox because it has a lot more exclusives.
Then Sony will have sold less games in general on their platform and exclusives......so no it doesn't truly reflect.
And Tencent still don't sell consoles ;):D

OK, clearly you live in a different world than everyone else :cry:

Soldato
They wouldn’t care. All the money is in the software at the end of the day. If they let Sony take the hit on the hardware and then hoovered up all the software sales, Sony would eventually run out of money. They would ‘win’ eventually anyway.

Associate
Wouldn’t happen. Cause then there’d be no point in buying an Xbox if that was the case. :D

For as long as I can remember, consoles have always been sold at a loss/break even as the real incomes comes from games and subscriptions.

I doubt Game Pass would go to PS though.

Man of Honour
Wouldn’t happen. Cause then there’d be no point in buying an Xbox if that was the case. :D
That’s a good thing for Microsoft, it’s exactly what they want.

They get all the money from their software as a service product and no cost drag from their hardware sales. Why do you think they’re pushing PC so hard? They have no hardware costs there and they even made a bit more profit from sales of Windows.

It’s so funny that you see it as the opposite :cry:

Soldato
That’s a good thing for Microsoft, it’s exactly what they want.

They get all the money from their software as a service product and no cost drag from their hardware sales. Why do you think they’re pushing PC so hard? They have no hardware costs there and they even made a bit more profit from sales of Windows.

It’s so funny that you see it as the opposite :cry:
Either way. Won’t happen :p

edit - HI-larious

Soldato
I think Microsoft buying Activision is a huge moment in the history of gaming and I do think they have shocked and maybe even annoyed the rest of the industry. Sony, Valve and potentially the likes of Epic and EA won't be overly happy with the acquisition. Based Phil Spencers comment's it would seem MS are more worried about Google, Facebook and Amazon in the future than the current state with Sony as a competitor. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony partner with the likes of Google or AWS for the cloud infrastructure they can provide. Basically gaming is changing and whilst Sony have a massive lead at the moment, not adapting can end you. Just look at Nokia! Nobody would have considered them falling from grace before Apple changed the game. MS have changed the game and disrupted the industry.

Associate

Didn't people say this wouldn't happen and it would be like the Bethesda deal?

For as long as I can remember, consoles have always been sold at a loss/break even as the real incomes comes from games and subscriptions.

I doubt Game Pass would go to PS though.

Nintendo don't sell at a loss and they have done pretty well. They don't need gamepass on sony, they can sell them full price games for the privilege of playing COD and co.

Back
Top Bottom