Meat Loaf has passed away. RIP

Don
I've been to two funerals recently where the dirge was bat out of hell, both times it managed to raise a smile during tough times.

RIP, classic songs and some decent roles on the silver screen :(

Associate
Reportedly Covid .... reports say he'd been railing against vaccine mandates recently. Not known if vaccinated, pretty sad and crazy way to die at 74 if he wasnt.

Soldato
Sad news, RIP

Any recommendations for a particular concert of his to watch, I know his voice wasn't what it was in the later stage of his career.

Associate
One of those rock stars that you could tell had a great personality, lots of humour in his videos, superb singer and performer. Great car music to entertain kids and the whole family which is how many of us got to know of Meatloaf as kids.

Great sense of humour down to his chosen name, was actually considered very fat in the 80's even though he wasn't that big by modern stantards. Didn't seem to bother him as he had his own style.

I guess he needed to sleep on it a bit, will remember him with a smile due to just how entertaining he was.

Man of Honour
According to the song, things that Meat Loaf wouldn’t do include “forget the way you feel right now”, “forgive myself if we don’t go all the way tonight”, “do it better than I do it with you” and “stop dreaming of you every night of my life”.
HTH

and from Jim Steinman's lips, he wouldn't cheat on her.

I first new about Meatloaf singing with Ted Nugent and looked forward to his first album
We can't take away the amazing songwriting talent of Jim Steinman and the awesome production of Todd Rundgren.
When the album came out it was played at least twice a day by the lads at work and then we all decided to go and see him in Manchester and his voice was awful, truly shot.
I wanted to leave but had to put up with it.
He went back to USA and even had a few quack remedies like drinking his own urine but with his second album Bad For Good wrote he couldn't sing it so Steinman sang it instead.
He was back on form for the third.

One of the only members I know IRL will be upset, hope you're OK @MeatLoaf

Soldato

Here's an alternate and perhaps slightly lesser known tune he featured on, always cracks me up (and actually despite being intended to be a comedy tune it's kinda legit)

Back
Top Bottom