• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What games is a RTX 3080 (10GB) not 'Enough' for at 4K resolution?

Soldato
I think what the OP is trying to ask is what's been hammered to death in the other thread.

Which effectively is : It is nothing to worry about if you want to game at 4k at over 60fps with 'only' 10Gb.

10Gb is not going to stop you reaching/maintaining 60fps at 4k (other things could do)

Now if you factor in modders, and texture packs, and bugs (games /drivers), DLSS, Ray tracing, DLDSR, then yes it could happen. But even then, I'm sure its a minority.

Even with Doom Eternal, I bet if you capped the fps to 60 fps it would be fine with 10Gb even with the settings on Nightmare.

Soldato
OP
Nope, never mentioned VRAM. Not bothered about that. If a ton of VRAM was added to the RTX 3080, it won't solve the lower framerates in games like Cyberpunk 2077.

8GB can be a problem in some games, but 10GB should be fine in most cases, especially with ray tracing disabled.

Are there other games like Cyberpunk 2077, that are just as punishing for the RTX 3080?

EDIT:
Watch Dogs:Legion is quite challenging too:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-founders-edition/26.html

Last edited:
Associate
I don’t agree with the disparaging statements on cyberpunk. Yes, it had issues. Yes, it still has issues. But at least some of the performance lag is because the graphics are incredible and truly feel next generation. The most recent PC patch is stable, and it is demanding (I have 70+ hours on a 3080 non FE card). I accept some of the reason for lower FPS is due to poor coding, I would challenge that most of it is due to really freaking awesome graphics that push the current GPU tech to the edge.

Soldato
OP
I can get good performance out of Cyberpunk 2077 just by playing with a few of the settings settings. I wouldn't say it's poorly optimized, it's just that some of the settings don't seem to have been tuned for performance, including the ones in the ultimate preset.

They are doing an overhaul of the game this year anyway, so I'd reserve judgement until that is released.

Personally, I'm more looking forward to the Witcher 3 graphics upgrades that CDPR is working on. I wonder if there will be another DLC off the back off this too?

Soldato
DLDSR if used at 6k downscaled to 4k would be an issue in many games. Not your scenario but something I like to play around with. Be nice to have the option and the vram there to do it.

We don't have many 6k monitors around though, it's a shame I'd like to have an intermediate step before 8k

Back
Top Bottom