• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6500XT review thread

Soldato
OP
I know costs are higher than before. But this card is a 64 bit memory bandwidth card, small die, and 2 memory modules. Yes that costs more than it did 5 years ago. But that doesn't come anywhere near explaining it unless TSMC, Samsung, Micron etc. have increased their prices several multiples since then.

The only people this makes sense for is people with no pre-existing hardware which will be a very small minority of current gamers. Yes kids buying new systems will need something.

Here is the TUF card which is more premium. $200 even for this premium version?

front.jpg

The RX6500XT is really an RX560 successor by specifications.

Soldato
@Armageus is the wholesale price of higher end XT cards moving downward at all? I wanted a 6700XT at RRP or near enough but not at £700+ :cry:

Also noticed more in stock last time I looked but no wonder at that price. Waiting patiently for the scalper apocalypse...

Prices are going up this year

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/2022-cpu-gpu-price-increase-tsmc

https://www.makeuseof.com/intel-amd-nvidia-prices-set-to-rise-in-2022/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/get-ready-cpu-and-gpu-prices-could-soar-in-2022/

Soldato
He is shilling, says it runs fine in PCIe 3 and he shows no benchmarks. Shows benchmarks with no quality settings info. His review totally opposite of nearly every other review out there

The video states "includes paid promotion". Wait for some videos where he uses it for a build and for linux etc, he will state the flaws with it and the reality behind the card, but as he states the card is really low end compared to what he uses and he states the facts and what AMD had as the review points. I know what you mean too, but the video states paid promotion clearly and basically hes not going to say anything too bad. He is more of a glass half full sort of guy in his reviews and nice to see sometimes compared to some reviewers that just want to create drama. Reality is its a low end part as is made clear in the video review.

Last edited:
Associate
I know costs are higher than before. But this card is a 64 bit memory bandwidth card, small die, and 2 memory modules. Yes that costs more than it did 5 years ago. But that doesn't come anywhere near explaining it unless TSMC, Samsung, Micron etc. have increased their prices several multiples since then.

The only people this makes sense for is people with no pre-existing hardware which will be a very small minority of current gamers. Yes kids buying new systems will need something.

front.jpg

These cards may be good in a solder yourself pack.. they can cut costs even more then !

Soldato
Real price seems to be settling around ~300€. As I've said since it first got announced, it's a decent card for esports & non-AAA gaming in the current market and a much better option than the other alternatives (APU/gamble on the used market/pay way more for a 6600 or better/keep waiting for the cows to come home from outer space).

Soldato

front.jpg

I posted a TUF PCB before. Here's one that is closer to the $200 msrp.

Sapphire Pulse.

We are supposed to believe that due to inflation a crippled 107mm^2 die, 2 memory modules and some basic power, PCI-e and display circuitry is now $200+taxes?

front.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Real price seems to be settling around ~300€. As I've said since it first got announced, it's a decent card for esports & non-AAA gaming in the current market and a much better option than the other alternatives (APU/gamble on the used market/pay way more for a 6600 or better/keep waiting for the cows to come home from outer space).

It's slower than last gen and has hidden flaws (to the average Joe) that reduce performance even more. It shall be placed in the hall of shame, shame AMD, shame on you !

I still can't get my head around why they didn't call this the 6500 and leave themselves a gap in the lineup.. even if they never filled it ?? This card is not a competitor to the 3050 (on paper).

Watched MLID video on 6500XT earlier.. damn i'm getting sick of his AMD butt hugging, he can't say anything negative about AMD without apologising and making excuses for them whilst simultaneously having a jab a NVidia. Shame, cause the guys good at gathering intel and presenting it.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's slower than last gen and has hidden flaws (to the average Joe) that reduce performance even more. It shall be placed in the hall of shame, shame AMD, shame on you !

I still can't get my head around why they didn't call this the 6500 and leave themselves a gap in the lineup.. even if they never filled it ??

Wait till the RX 6400 comes out.

Although to be fair that card might actually be okay with only 64 bit memory and PCIe x4.

Associate
Wait till the RX 6400 comes out.

Although to be fair that card might actually be okay with only 64 bit memory and PCIe x4.

I think the 4 lanes and PCIE3.0 issue is just a utter design failure, they should just re-release the card with 8 lanes and more RAM (smidge more power) and make it the £250... omg, I've just detailed the 6550XT :cry::cry:

Soldato

I still can't get my head around why they didn't call this the 6500 and leave themselves a gap in the lineup.. even if they never filled it ?? This card is not a competitor to the 3050 (on paper).

Watched MLID video on 6500XT earlier.. damn i'm getting sick of his AMD butt hugging, he can't say anything negative about AMD without apologising and making excuses for them whilst simultaneously having a jab a NVidia. Shame, cause the guys good at gathering intel and presenting it.

3050 benchmarks out, has 1660ti performance and easily beats the 6500xt

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...s-gtx-1660ti-performance-with-dlss-raytracing

Soldato
3050 benchmarks out, has 1660ti performance and easily beats the 6500xt

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...s-gtx-1660ti-performance-with-dlss-raytracing

Is it going to be 20% more expensive than the 6500xt? probably not, I can see these hitting £400-£450, might be wrong there but it'll be interesting to see what the asking price settles down (or up) to. I'm basing this assumption on the bay prices of used 1660 supers, they seem to be going for around the 350-385 mark

Back
Top Bottom