• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD confirms Ryzen 7 5800X3D launches this spring, Zen4 Raphael in 2H 2022

Soldato
AMD had built up some credibility, but they seem to have damaged that with the 6500XT claims. HUB has it matching the RX570 in RE Village (*if* it's running PCIe 4.0) while AMD showed a slide making it look like the 6500XT was leading by a large margin. -And the 6500XT *loses* buy a chunk when running at PCIe 3.0! (The spec a LOT

If AMD's claims about the 5800X3D are as accurate as their claims about the 6500XT, well, we should *really* wait for independent testing.

I suppose it depends when it ships. I don’t think Grim can buy anything from AMD. Will be interesting to see how the RX 6500 XT sells. The GTX 1650 seems to hold around £260.

Last edited:
Soldato
So you are critising people for basing an opinion on released details from the manufacturer unjet when ADL was yet to be released you posted the below

(posted on Sep 19th)
Notice I used the words "it looks like" as it wasn't 100% confirmed which is a bit difference to stating it as a matter of fact although multiple cinebench tests from difference sources are generally a good early indicator of performance rather than half a dozen bar graphs on an AMD marketing slide which just show +-% without actual fps figures or even what configurations are being tested.

Associate
Notice I used the words "it looks like" as it wasn't 100% confirmed which is a bit difference to stating it as a matter of fact although multiple cinebench tests from difference sources are generally a good early indicator of performance rather than half a dozen bar graphs on an AMD marketing slide which just show +-% without actual fps figures or even what configurations are being tested.
I don't know why you try to pretend to be neutral, It is the fact that you pay so much attention to these little things like words that reveals that you are an Intel fanboy. Everyone know that, you know that, so grow up and admit you are Intel fanboy, you hate AMD, and it will be easier for you cuz you can spend that energy on hypeing Intel products and company instead trying to act as a neutral.

Associate
And dozens of leaks from questionable leakers aren't more reliable than official benchmarks from manufacturer of product, if Intel released similar benchmarks like AMD did for 5800x-3d you would use word demolish as your avatar and hypeing products like never before, as i said couple of times ,you do opposite of everything you write, you are a hypocrite.

Soldato
And dozens of leaks from questionable leakers aren't more reliable than official benchmarks from manufacturer of product, if Intel released similar benchmarks like AMD did for 5800x-3d you would use word demolish as your avatar and hypeing products like never before, as i said couple of times ,you do opposite of everything you write, you are a hypocrite.
Clearly the leaks were accurate as it's quite hard for multiple people to upload faked cinebench reports to the official database so I'd put more trust in those than a manufacturers own marketing slides whether it be Intel, AMD or Nvidia.

And save the Ad Hominem responses for the politics section.

Don
This thread is supposed to be about
Ryzen 7 5800x3D

If posts start diverging a huge distance away from that topic they will be removed

This isn't the place to be digging up history lessons, or bragging about whose genitals cpu are bigger. Trolling posts will be dealt with accordingly - you have been warned!

Associate
I think it will do well due to all that cache, I'm more curious to see how it stakes up in non gaming benchmarks.
in most non gaming benchmarks probably minimal difference, but gaming performance will sell that cpu, no one cares about benchmarks. I would buy that cpu if it haves worst benchmarks result, but best gaming performance.

Associate
in most non gaming benchmarks probably minimal difference, but gaming performance will sell that cpu, no one cares about benchmarks. I would buy that cpu if it haves worst benchmarks result, but best gaming performance.

I care cause I try for OC records on HWbot. current CPU in my rig is holding me back with certain benchmarks that also leverage the CPU. I want a new CPU but not sure what to get. Will just have to wait and see how it performs I guess.

Associate
You can measure performance in games with...benchmarks.
As long as it is performance in real games good. What i don't care is performance in synthetic benchmarks, and most of them doesn't translate to games cuz games are bunch of random calls where latency is very important, and one way, also most benefits way is to increase cache.

The 5800x3d will be faster in games than the 5800x.
How much faster we will have to wait and see.
It's cost will be the most interesting aspect as AMD quickly started doing an Intel and upping their prices so this will show how far they are willing to go to keep the competition going while waiting to release AM5.

The CPU market is great atm!

(admin all these fanboys need holidays. Its pathetic)

Soldato
Tbf unless you game at 1080p on a 3080ti or 6900XT then most of the recent CPUs will all give you the same fps anyway.

No, the CPU overhead on RTX 3080 is pretty massive. You’ll be looking at upto 30% performance drop with Nvidia. The 5800X3D will probably help massively to overcome Ampere’s bottlenecks.

If you was gaming higher resolutions then you can offset performance a little.

Back
Top Bottom