Nails & tyres

Soldato
Had a string of back luck with nails in tyres last year. Not cheap tyres either.

Final bit of back luck was a massive screw in the edge of one of wheel with a plank of wood whilst at the local tip.

I avoided going to the tip for 7 months and made do with more efficient use of our bins.

I went the other day...hesitantly...as I walked to the skip and back to my car I counted no less that 4 screws on the floor.

So I ask...whats the chance of actually a screw nail picking up on the tyre...and based on what people might say...I'm going to write to the council that run the tip.

People need to not drop **** like this, accidents happen though...but should that staff be sweeping up regularly?

Soldato
Ive worked on site for years and I've only ever ever had one screw in my van tyre.

If you are somewhere where nails and screws are located then there is always a chance and you can't always stop it if you have been particularly unlucky.

I think that's the long and short of it, you have just been particularly unlucky

Soldato
I dare say they probably should be sweeping the floor regularly. I've been visiting the tip a lot recently and the guys there are always sweeping.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Ive worked on site for years and I've only ever ever had one screw in my van tyre.

Been on lots of sites and never once picked up a nail or screw in a tyre. Been in supermarket car parks, takeaway car parks, pub car parks and parked outside chip shops where work vans are/have been parked and picked up plenty...

Soldato
Been on lots of sites and never once picked up a nail or screw in a tyre. Been in supermarket car parks, takeaway car parks, pub car parks and parked outside chip shops where work vans are/have been parked and picked up plenty...
Plenty!? Haha that's pretty unlucky. Maybe it's where I live or something

Caporegime
I frequent council run tips frequently in my 14 wheeled truck, I’m yet to pick up a puncture.

We’re i to drive to my local tip in my car tomorrow, I’m sure Sod’s law would strike….

Soldato
It can be quite hard to spot a nail in a tyre as well. I have one in my front left I think; it was spotted on one service but not on any service after that.

Soldato
Are softer sport oriented tyres more prone to nails, than a 14 wheeled truck tyres though ?

I've had 2 in last 5 years both requiring new tyres , was the nearside rear both times,
I try to be more careful leaving roundabouts where I did have habit of using (dirty?) gutter edge of the road, more than I do elsewhere, rwd oversteer might be bad too ?

Back
Top Bottom