January Transfer Window 21/22

Associate
- Juventus trying to offload Ramsey, but sounds like he doesn't fancy relocating up North (or they just can't match his ridiculous wages).
- Emi Martinez signing a new contract is good for Villa. Can't believe Arsenal never trusted him.

Associate
- Juventus trying to offload Ramsey, but sounds like he doesn't fancy relocating up North (or they just can't match his ridiculous wages).
- Emi Martinez signing a new contract is good for Villa. Can't believe Arsenal never trusted him.
Is Ramsey on something stupid like £300k a week because they got him on a free?

Soldato
I feel it's far less gobsmacking if you put it into context...

Ramsey according to that article was worth £30-40m when buying from another club... So if we take the £400k x 4 year contract that's £83m. Take off the £40m that would have gone to a club and you're left with a £207,692 per week contract which in reality isn't that great a sum. Especially when you consider that the club didn't have to fork out the £40m up front but it's just being paid over 4 years.

That said, I think most people could see Ramsey wasn't the luckiest with injuries so it was a bit of a gamble from Juve.

Soldato

Ramsey according to that article was worth £30-40m when buying from another club... So if we take the £400k x 4 year contract that's £83m. Take off the £40m that would have gone to a club and you're left with a £207,692 per week contract which in reality isn't that great a sum. Especially when you consider that the club didn't have to fork out the £40m up front but it's just being paid over 4 years.

That said, I think most people could see Ramsey wasn't the luckiest with injuries so it was a bit of a gamble from Juve.
They might not have paid a few to the club but theyll have chucked 20 mil between him and hjs agent.

Associate

I'm not sure he's a £200k a week player!

Caporegime

Don't clubs have insurance so when a player is injured they don't pay the full salary themselves?

Soldato
It's only for career ending injuries as far as i'm aware. Can you imagine the premium to cover any of the top players? 2 months out would be millions on a payout.

Associate
Don't clubs have insurance so when a player is injured they don't pay the full salary themselves?
I don't think it matters too much, I'm guessing it's not their money! All the big clubs are hundreds of millions in debt. You think a club like Barca who are €1billion+ in debt.

Soldato
Martial to Sevilla on loan for rest of season. They are paying his wages apparently. No option to purchase.
Doesn't bother me - he's had his chance and failed to take it. Sevilla (no disrespect) is probably a good move for him. Talented lad but annoying body language without the consistency to back it up

Associate
Martial to Sevilla on loan for rest of season. They are paying his wages apparently. No option to purchase.
Doesn't bother me - he's had his chance and failed to take it. Sevilla (no disrespect) is probably a good move for him. Talented lad but annoying body language without the consistency to back it up
Going for his medical today. So pretty much a done deal.

Back
Top Bottom