No idea what shower screen I could use

Associate
I'm looking for some help. I want to install a shower screen as the family and I can't stand shower curtains. I've no idea what sort of screen I need or where to get it from, so that we can shower. With the pipes where they are there is no room between the tap and window to fit a screen. I thought about moving the pipes over but I can't find any screens that come out from the wall, pivot 90 degrees then go along the side of the bath.

I'm totally stumped!

Don
As it stands, that bathroom is completely inappropriate for a shower. It looks recently renovated too so some poor design choices have been made and will take some considerable work to fix. Could you plan to extend the water pipes and rotate the bath 180degrees then put the screen at that end?You're going to need to tile those walls too.

Failing that, you'll have to make a custom screen that leaves space for the taps, window sill etc.

Associate
OP
I was contemplating moving the pipes a metre over to the right. But I can't find a shower screen the fixes to the wall, comes out then turns 90 degrees the other way.

Tiling is on my to do list.

Soldato
Who planned that?!?!

The bath should be up this way and the basin moved to under the window then you would have 2 tiled walls and can fit a shower screen to cover 3 sides of the bath, as it stands the windowsill will get completely flooded with water from the shower.

Only thing I can think of is move the pipes towards the basin pointing towards the window and get a 90 degree glass panel to cover the back and side of the bath and hopefully it won't be too intrusive or make the bathroom feel too small (you may be able to get some foldup screen or something).

Associate
They do exist but you're probably looking at made to measure and I think you'd be struggling to fit one with the taps in the way.

FYI - you're looking for a bath enclosure not a shower screen. Some ideas here on whats possible - link

As others have pointed out (with the usual OCUK blunteness) the layout isn't ideal. Looks like the bath/sink have been switched from their original positions to give more space and fit a wider bath?
I suspect moving the bath at this stage is not a very appealing option.

/Salsa

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Extend the pipes to the other end and hide the mess behind tiles, then use a corner screen.

Or put up with a curtain on a wrap around pole.

Soldato
Might be a daft idea, I'm not convinced myself - but I'll put it out there, what about replacing the window with smaller one?
It looks like your top pane doesn't open.
Either a portrait window above the toilet, or a one that has the top pane only.

Soldato
Might be a daft idea, I'm not convinced myself - but I'll put it out there, what about replacing the window with smaller one?
It looks like your top pane doesn't open.
Either a portrait window above the toilet, or a one that has the top pane only.
Making a window smaller is never a good idea for me and doing it to botch a botched bathroom layout is bonkers!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Bathroom is fine, move the pipes make a glass or false wall at the end of the bath away from the window. Shower screen on the side and bath room sheet on the wall. Sorted.

Caporegime
lol who designed that room?

there's no tiles on the wall next to the bath? I guess it's water proof paint but still... it looks weird.

where do you put your shampoo, conditioner, sponges, body wash etc? and how do you wash your hair

plug hole in the middle of the bath must be annoying no? do you sit on it? does the bath have an over flow?

Caporegime
lol who designed that room?

there's no tiles on the wall next to the bath? I guess it's water proof paint but still... it looks weird.

where do you put your shampoo, conditioner, sponges, body wash etc? and how do you wash your hair

plug hole in the middle of the bath must be annoying no? do you sit on it? does the bath have an over flow?

Op stated tiling is on their to-do list

Back
Top Bottom