• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6500XT review thread

Caporegime
its 30% faster on average compared to a card that sells for a little bit more (1650) so how is it a stinker?

The big thing to me is the ridiculous PCI-E limitation of the 4 lane setup. I'd expect a good many of people buying this card won't be running it on a PCI-E 4 system so you're losing upto 30% of what performance the card did have straight away. Cutting the hardware media encoding seems pretty miserly aswell.

Soldato
image.png

AMD continue to take lessons from Nvidia...

Good!
Finally.

cSn8ACW.jpg.png

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
OP

I think its more like his review is desperate to show the RX6500XT in the best light possible. Considering that its quite clear AMD hasn't sampled a ton of websites,I expect a number are a bit concerned about being a bit too negative. It's happened with Nvidia.

Also the reality is the RX5500XT itself,can be noticeably faster in a number of games,not just in its 8GB model,but even the 4GB one. There should no cases where the RX6500XT 4GB losses to an RX5500XT 4GB,considering its a new design based on the same uarch. People criticised Nvidia heaps for stuff like the GTX960 on here which was something similar over the GTX760,so the criticism is entirely fair on the RX6500XT.

AMD shouldn't get a pass when Nvidia would be racked over coals for this. The RTX3060 got slammed by the same websites. The RTX2060 12GB got slammed. The RTX3070TI and RTX3080TI were also mocked.

The GTX1650 got taken to bits.When the RX6600/RX6600XT got slammed too people were then criticising the same websites.

You can't have it both ways. Either these websites are anti-Nvidia or anti-AMD according to many here,when its quite clear they have called out so many of these useless releases.

This is not the first or last time entire generations have had rubbish. Have people forgotten the entire ATI HD2000 series,or literally every dGPU under the 8800GT of the same generation,like the useless 8600GT?

People need to stop trying to salvage diamonds out of a heap of turds. This generation after January 2021 has been a heap of turds. The releases have been utterly overpriced and underperforming.

When a £250 console probably is going to be no worse than this release in any meaningful way, and is an entire system with 8 Zen2 cores an NVME SSD,its a sad day to be a budget/mainstream PC gamer. PCMR my backside more like PC-lets-see-how-much-we-can-rip-you-off.

The useless Nvidia/AMD dGPU cartel with their own AIB partners are more concerned with miners and consoles than the people who actually made them what they are(especially Nvidia).

Let's see them all of suddenly "valueing" gamers if mining falls through the roof even for a brief period,like the previous two times. Three times so far this has happened with mining and three times games/general consumers have been thrown to the wayside. People should learn this lesson for the 3rd time - don't give any of them any benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Soldato

But that's not how you review graphics cards. This is just cherry picking to try and show the 6500xt in a better light.

He may as well just turn the graphics down to low and then compare the 6500xt against a rx580 running on ultra, that fits his narrative

Last edited:
Associate
But that's not how you review graphics cards. This is just cherry picking to try and show the 6500xt in a better light. May as well turn the graphics down to low

If you buy a 1080p budget gpu, would it not be sensible to use settings its capable of? Pointless maxing out settings with 4gb of vram.

Associate
But that's not how you review graphics cards. This is just cherry picking to try and show the 6500xt in a better light.

He may as well just turn the graphics down to low and then compare the 6500xt against a rx580 running on ultra, that fits his narrative

you review a card based on what it is capable of. You don't review a road bike by taking it down a mountain.

Associate
Also remember that's at PCIe 3.0 not 4.0 too.. so some very dodgy reviews out there. This is why I trust Wendel from Level1Techs.

you review a card based on what it is capable of. You don't review a road bike by taking it down a mountain.

All cards get tested with the same settings, it's called having controlled variables and is the correct way to produce comparative results.

Associate
that makes no sense
I meant: reviewers tend to have a suite of games and setting they run.
And they have mostly automated those.
If they are given a product unsuited to their test suites, they'll happily run it the same as they run all the other reviews. In effect, if you were to give something else (the road bike), they'd automaticaly test it the same as they test everything else (headfirst down the mountan, of course).

Back
Top Bottom