*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Very much depends on the acr. There's only one car out of all of them (I unlocked every car you can own to test with) that I find driving a breeze lol.

Associate
Or the bigger humvee type is a lot easier to drive, there's a veyron type of car that has an amazing sound but can only go about 100 yards before having a massive crash :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Any news on an expansion? Probably end of year or even next year right? I think thins year will be further fixing bugs and polishing, next gen update and adding free dlc content.

I would be interested in installing it again if there are some post game content. Otherwise will just wait for an expansion.

Man of Honour
Or the bigger humvee type is a lot easier to drive, there's a veyron type of car that has an amazing sound but can only go about 100 yards before having a massive crash :D

The Militech SUV though a bit unwieldy is fairly drivable - sadly you can't get the exact same version as a purchasable/permanent acquisition.

Associate
When you give it some thought It is not about cost but time say if you put a 100 hours into a game and come away disappointed thats a 100 hours of your life gone that you are not going to get back but if you spend
£10 / £20 or what ever amount you can always go and get more money.

Soldato
Just started watchdogs legion it's miles better than CP

I'd also played it and it seriously doesn't come close to CP. It gets boring, very fast. The "characters" are turd, the story is so-so, the dialogue is cringy as ****. Honestly regret buying that steaming pile, it's the worst Watchdogs even.

Associate
Is is game worth playing yet?

Yeah definitely, think I paid 12 quid for it after buying an I7 with a 3080 just before Christmas, so it runs really well (around 60 FPS with ray tracing and DLSS on auto). Deliberately waited because I had a 1070 previously and was aware that it would have run, but likely not too well. For 12 quid it's well worth it, I'm a good 20 hours in now and not bored at all, so I'll keep dipping in for a few hours a couple of nights a week, thus from a pound per hour front gonna be good value. Plus I'm really into sci-fi so the mood of the game is really up my street.

Man of Honour
Got it on Black Friday and just started playing.
FPS reported at 60+ 2070S with High settings (4K) - but driving feels quite laggy compared to the rest of the game, ie turning/braking etc. Is this expected for the game?

Yes. The driving was "fixed" in one of the patches, which raised it from absolutely abysmal to almost absolutely abysmal. There are some mods that change some things regarding driving, but there are limits to what can be done with CP2077 mods and this particular pig's ear is too rotten for a modder to turn it into a silk purse.

I suggest using a motorbike instead. They're much better suited to the crowded roads of Night City anyway and they do better if you go offroad. I used Jackie's Arch (look online if you want a spoiler on how to get it) and thought that handled better than the bikes that could be bought. For the few missions that required a car, I used the junkmobile you start with. It amused me to a wealthy high-level merc driving a car worth less than my hat and the car doesn't drive any worse than the other cars.

Man of Honour
Is is game worth playing yet?

I bought it a week or so after release at full price and thought it was well worth playing. I did two playthroughs, with the first being a full ~120 hour go everywhere, explore everything, do everything playthrough.

The game is flawed (though quite a bit less now, after all the patches), but the gameworld is excellent, most of the storytelling is good and some of the storytelling is excellent. I got involved with the stories of some of the characters to the extent of carefully choosing clothing for a date ingame. That was Judy's personal questline, which I think is the high point of the storytelling in CP2077.

The game was rushed and it shows. That sounds silly given the development time, but it is glaringly obvious that the game was rushed. I don't know what was being done during the years of development time, but clearly most of it wasn't spent developing the game in any meaningful way. But it's still a good game with one massive caveat: It's not the game CDPR sold it as being. The hype, the advertising...that was a lie. If you want the game that CP2077 was advertised as being, don't buy CP2077 because you will be very disappointed. If you can seperate the game it actually is from the game it was falsely advertised as being, you'll probably be pleased with it. Especially at the price you can buy it for now.

EDIT: Something probably worth mentioning - the entire first act of the game, up until you finish the main storyline mission called "The Heist", is a de facto (and unlabelled) tutorial. The game opens up a lot more afterwards. It's maybe not the best way to structure the game because it gives players the impression that the game is more restricted than it really is.

Soldato
EDIT: Something probably worth mentioning - the entire first act of the game, up until you finish the main storyline mission called "The Heist", is a de facto (and unlabelled) tutorial. The game opens up a lot more afterwards. It's maybe not the best way to structure the game because it gives players the impression that the game is more restricted than it really is.

I was going to come in here to ask for some tips as I've just started playing and not sure whether I have to stick with the main story - for now - and follow this big dude around - Jackie is it?

Does it matter if I just wonder off for a bit and come back later? Can I pick up jobs this early and come back to the main event later? Or should I wait until I'm past this initial teaching phase. Seems like quite a bit going on at once.

Soldato
I was going to come in here to ask for some tips as I've just started playing and not sure whether I have to stick with the main story - for now - and follow this big dude around - Jackie is it?

Does it matter if I just wonder off for a bit and come back later? Can I pick up jobs this early and come back to the main event later? Or should I wait until I'm past this initial teaching phase. Seems like quite a bit going on at once.

It doesnt start getting interesting and past the tutorial bit till the big dude
snuffed it if I remember right

I might reinstall it later this year I uninstalled it after I got into a game breaking bug bit in one of those video sequences you can go into to find clues. Also had another mission where the person I needed to rescue ended up stuck in mid air.

Back
Top Bottom