The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Oh it can easily be worse than the Hobbit trilogy, they were made before woke cultural vandalism got it's talentless fingers on popular entertianment and started strangling the life out of it. The Woke of Time showed us exactly where Amazon LOTR is heading.

To be fair I haven't seen the showrunners of this spout any nonsense compared to Rafe Judkins tweets (usual feminist rants or threatening to turn characters gay just because he could), it *might* actually be a good adaptation that stays true to the source material/established lore and world.

Probably not though :(

Soldato
To be fair I haven't seen the showrunners of this spout any nonsense compared to Rafe Judkins tweets (usual feminist rants or threatening to turn characters gay just because he could), it *might* actually be a good adaptation that stays true to the source material/established lore and world.

Probably not though :(

I think what we have seen is these companies don't care about the source material they just want the IP name as a selling point, they can sell anything that has Star Wars written on it for example, so they can just use the name and write whatever agenda driven trash they like. Dr. Woke, Star Woke Discovery, Star Woke, Bobba Woke, Woke Picard..the list is endess basically.

I hope I'm wrong but, to paraphrase Boromir, "They say there is hope, but I cannot see it".

:(

Soldato
Wheel of Time wasn't bad because it was woke, it was bad because the story was butchered and it was badly directed.
Symptom of the disease though isn't it. If a tv show that's based on an IP with well established lore and world building (ethnicity and sexuality for example) forces 'wokeness' into the very essence of said tv show then you already know they wont give a flying fiddle about respecting the source material, and because they are hack tv writers and not authors any attempt at changing the story will be an incoherent mess.

Permabanned
All WOT was guilty of was diversifying the actors, the race didnt really matter, its not particularly woke at all, just badly written/made. Its just people have a hard on for crying woke all the time.

Soldato
All WOT was guilty of was diversifying the actors, the race didnt really matter, its not particularly woke at all, just badly written/made. Its just people have a hard on for crying woke all the time.

No, it also did the usual trick of sidelining the male carachters whilst forefronting the Mary Sue's.

Soldato
Symptom of the disease though isn't it. If a tv show that's based on an IP with well established lore and world building (ethnicity and sexuality for example) forces 'wokeness' into the very essence of said tv show then you already know they wont give a flying fiddle about respecting the source material, and because they are hack tv writers and not authors any attempt at changing the story will be an incoherent mess.

The trouble is the writers woke Hollywood/TV employ to push their agenda, haven't got enough creative talent to write their own IP's, so they have to grift career out of ruining other people's far superior work. The only talents they do possess are crying on Twitter, attention seeking, and self-promotion.

Soldato
It must be exhausting to see agendas everywhere you turn, just waiting around a corner to jump out at you with their wokeness.
More exhausting watching beloved books turned to ****, given recent history my bar is really really low for these shows and yet somehow they still continuously disappoint.

Soldato
More exhausting watching beloved books turned to ****, given recent history my bar is really really low for these shows and yet somehow they still continuously disappoint.
How can a book be turned to 'whatever it was you meant'? Only you can change how you feel about a book. A film or TV show cannot turn a book into something else. If a film etc, is different from you beloved books, live with it. Books cannot be put to film without some sort of screen play to suit the film media, hence why LOTR omitted lost of stuff from the books. Like the Appendices said, who wasn't to say they met Bombadil on their way to X. Why have it in the film when the film is about the Hobbits journey to Mordor to rid the ring.

Soldato
Yeah, it's as silly as when people say stuff like "My childhood has been destroyed" whenever some crappy new sequel/reboot of a beloved franchise comes out.
It's not like the originals have been erased from history.

Associate
Wheel of Time was terrible, just plain bad. Script, lousy, special effects equivalent to a 90's TV series, actors so bad they mumbled most of their lines and were bargain bucket ones at that.

In regards to LOTR, Lenny Henry has not done anything good in 20 years, the last decent TV series he was in was Chef, oh and the Delbert Wilkins show :). As for the rest of cast, no names is a bad sign, unless people know of major actors cast? Will it be like WOT with the cheapest they can get? I note for next season of WOT, they have cast one the main character's (Elayne Trakand) with zero film or TV credits!

I look forward to Amazon "educating" me like Star Trek Discovery has done for the last four seasons....Note I have stopped watching Discovery, it is just so bad. Since the new studio head has taken over at Amazon, it has gotten worse.

Back
Top Bottom