Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Soldato
Yeah £3-4k isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things...it is another 100% on the budget for what is basically a hot hatch for fun though.
Just saying buddy £3-4K almost gets you a TCe180 or GT220 right now with a decent engine with low miles & almost RS250 performance there is only a few NM difference :p you would only notice the slower speed at the high end on a race track 142mph top speed vs 149mph top speed ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
My new Sport 300 is ready for me to collect in under 8 days now :D

Reg no has been chosen just waiting for the dealer to receive the car on 5th-6th then few days to run the pre-inspect checks before I am allowed to collect her ;)

Soldato
Yes!!

That came round quick :) enjoy!
Sure will do :) shame 1800 miles is the correct running in time...3.5K RPM first 600 miles then another 1200 miles of careful running to get max engine life & power from her! Going to be agony going that slow.....:) pics are coming soon I hope to get her this weekend at the earliest! mine is also the absolute last car off the production line for the UK ever so a special car indeed :D

I notice last month in Spain several owners got theirs late decemeber & posted off the delivery trailer shots online as different process to here as the cars are made in Spain they get shipped from the factory to the owners direct via the dealer network no customs to clear.

Soldato
Finally collected her :D shame it was raining heavy most of the day :( This is the very last MK4 RS Sport 300 ever made for the UK market. The RS production line is closed forever now (Alpine is the rebranding but no news to share yet on the Alpine RS EV or Hybrid replacement) so this is the very last car they ever made!! Drives like a dream..shame have to run in for 1800 miles to get max engine performance but its an almighty car to drive even limited to 3.5K RPM right now :p Handling is incredible thanks to the 4 control computer controlled suspension system & legendary RS chassis R&D! Engine is so strong & the semi auto gearbox is fantastic & ultra low latency :D Sports exhaust as well sounds incredible & has a very deep throaty sound to it when you push hard it produces the most amazing sound! Love the main lights as well they really are bright but I am considerate to my fellow road users so do not run them all day in high beam....!

This car is so new it only had 7 miles on the clock so it has to be driven a few hundred miles before it even self regulates & adjusts all the various computer systems! Luckily tomorrow is bright winter sunshine ...but I still managed to get 150 miles in today in heavy rain;)
9BgfmLk.jpg
Pjh0qA6.jpg
yenXjOt.jpg
Dxza43y.jpg
CmI8BZz.jpg

Soldato

BEAUTIFUL aren't they ;)

I adore the semi auto, really glad I went that route (back when we had a choice :D )

I completely missed you were going Yellow too, that's not really another choice imo ;)

Wheels are different too, slightly?

You won't regret it. Best car I've owned (admittedly I haven't had anything quite like it before) but it beats The Focus ST I had previous, just a joy to be in.

You will get lots of people stopping to remark on the car, happens all the time in car parks etc "lovely colour, what car is that" etc, you just don't see loads of them which is a plus but they are out there

Soldato
BEAUTIFUL aren't they ;)

I adore the semi auto, really glad I went that route (back when we had a choice :D )

I completely missed you were going Yellow too, that's not really another choice imo ;)

Wheels are different too, slightly?

You won't regret it. Best car I've owned (admittedly I haven't had anything quite like it before) but it beats The Focus ST I had previous, just a joy to be in.

You will get lots of people stopping to remark on the car, happens all the time in car parks etc "lovely colour, what car is that" etc, you just don't see loads of them which is a plus but they are out there
:D Semi auto yep its incredible! Put it into D no need for anything else ha ha!

I could not decide between Liquid Yellow, Flame Red or Volcanic Orange. What made me go Liquid Yellow was owners told me Volcanic Orange sprayed ABS parts do not quite match the main chassis colour shade due to Renault using a different spray booth to do those to save a bit of money! Its the hardest colour to match apparently! Flame Red I would have loved but in different lights it looks a little dull (but looks best overall in direct bright sunlight due to the orange & yellow pearls under the main top coat). So as I am keeping the car for many years to come had to go Liquid Yellow (£1400 option!). The alloys are Interlagos diamond cut (£800 option - £1600 if bought otherwise if not on a factory build car). Originally I wanted the Black Interlagos (purely because Diamond Cut alloys are massive pain to repair so you have to be very careful!) but Renault went OOS on those & no more are being made so had no choice. But they look great so its all good!

Done over 400 miles in 1.5 days this time next week phase 1 of the running in is complete already. Engine is so smooth as well even though I have to stick to under 3K RPM ideally it accelerates quite fast in the lower gears :eek: have to watch the speeds all the time! It constantly wants to pull ahead! When its run in the acceleration is going to something else again as full engine power is unlocked! I have only driven in Mysense ECO mode as that's the best way to keep revs to the running in threshold.

Car is so complex so many controls & gadgets to learn I am still on the basics only just managing to get some tunes flowing out of the fantastic sounding Arkamys sound system (BOSE is no longer an option due to chip shortages). Did 250 miles today car is handling & running like an absolute dream :D

She had her first seaside run today glorious winter sunshine but really cold air temps :eek:
SrCoask.jpg
PVqxWEI.jpg
smkZ6XC.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Handling on this baby is insane :D

Cornering speed is immense not many cars can keep up in the corners for sure this thing handles like a dream!! Corners I used to take 40-50 in my mk3 Megane...well the Sport 300 with 19" wheels (and not even the best tyres you can get either!) can take those 60-70mph & feels like I am not even pushing it hard enough :eek:

Soldato
20220122-121401-COLLAGE.jpg
Been a filthy week on our UK roads!

Soldato
20220122-121401-COLLAGE.jpg
Been a filthy week on our UK roads!
Mine looks like pic 1 right now :eek:
I spent hours last sunday cleaning her she was immaculate yesterday morning now she is filthy again! Our roads are in a terrible state ! Saw another RS4 today Volcanic Orange very dirty like my car right now !!

Soldato
Mine looks like pic 1 right now :eek:
I spent hours last sunday cleaning her she was immaculate yesterday morning now she is filthy again! Our roads are in a terrible state ! Saw another RS4 today Volcanic Orange very dirty like my car right now !!

Yeah there's no helping it really! Old me would have left this for ages :D but this car has changed me! Trying to keep it clean where possible

I pass a yellow one on the way to work most days but otherwise I haven't seen many on the roads here at all!

Soldato
Yeah there's no helping it really! Old me would have left this for ages :D but this car has changed me! Trying to keep it clean where possible

I pass a yellow one on the way to work most days but otherwise I haven't seen many on the roads here at all!
Just over 1000 ever made not surprising! But 1000 + owners with amazing taste :D I really love my car the engine is incredible in ECO mode its stunning I cannot imagine how fast its going to be next weekend when its safe to go higher revs! :eek: fuel consumption is high though! I am burning through about £300 of E5 99 RON every weekend right now :eek:

Associate
I would go for the Clio 182 out of those two. Megane 225 has marginally more power but no LSD unlike an R26.

The Clio is cheap for brake discs, pads and tyres if you go for 15". Then save more if you fancy something much faster.

Back
Top Bottom