PowerMac G5 1.8GHz - does anyone still want these?

Associate
Hi all. Having a bit of a clear out at home, came across the ol' G5 and thought I'd try to find some advice before moving it on, which led me here. It's a G5 1.8GHz, model M9031LL/A by the looks of it according to this: https://support.apple.com/kb/sp96?locale=en_GB

Do these have any value at all any more? Does anyone still buy them? This one is in excellent nick, in original box with optical mouse (no keyboard). Also has a 17" studio display also in original box. Nice little bundle altogether which served me very well at uni many years ago - been sat boxed since then pretty much and I'd like to get rid, but seems a shame to just bin it. RAM is 1GB now - only issue original HD seized so I replaced with an 80GB fella, all running fine now with OSX.5.8 on board.

Any ideas what I could do with it? As I say, not needed and could do with the space, but don't want to see it go to waste.

Cheers!

Commissario
Nothing really, I doubt anyone would have any use for it because although it works fine, it's very limited in what it can run. Slap it on eBay for pennies or give it away via Facebook Marketplace.

Soldato
Hi all. Having a bit of a clear out at home, came across the ol' G5 and thought I'd try to find some advice before moving it on, which led me here. It's a G5 1.8GHz, model M9031LL/A by the looks of it according to this: https://support.apple.com/kb/sp96?locale=en_GB

Do these have any value at all any more? Does anyone still buy them? This one is in excellent nick, in original box with optical mouse (no keyboard). Also has a 17" studio display also in original box. Nice little bundle altogether which served me very well at uni many years ago - been sat boxed since then pretty much and I'd like to get rid, but seems a shame to just bin it. RAM is 1GB now - only issue original HD seized so I replaced with an 80GB fella, all running fine now with OSX.5.8 on board.

Any ideas what I could do with it? As I say, not needed and could do with the space, but don't want to see it go to waste.

Cheers!

Keep it. There's a good chance these could turn into collectibles. One day these will sell for £100s or even £1000s.

Back
Top Bottom