Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I've preordered aswell but in my excitement I've been trawling forums regarding the black screen issues and come across the following on a LTT Forum

"I think I might have it figured out.
In the monitors settings, you can chose if you want to use DP1.2, DP1.4 or DP1.4(dsc).
I've changed it from DP1.4(dsc) down to DP1.4 and im testing out now to see if i causes and problems still.
One positive thing so far, is that the 4k/120hz option is appearing now without the need for a custom resolution profile.... So I am keeping my fingers crossed and doing some tests now to confirm if this has sorted it."
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1350211-lg-27gp950-causing-issues/

I wonder if this is a fix anyone here has tried?
Doesn't work.
Also being stuck on HDMI sucks for DSR for old games like Oblivion and FO3 because I'm limited at 60hz since there is no 120hz mode for DSR desktop resolutions.

Literally stuck at 60fps with HDMI and 144fps with DP. And 160fps doesn't work with DSR and probably never will.

===
If you are in Canada, it might be worth it to check for firmware updates every week or so to see if it dropped for Canada without any fanfare.

Associate
Sorry we have had to restirict many high value items to mainland only as getting the units back if RMA is required is proving extremely fraught. We often just dont get the item back and have to refund anyway.

Also lots of Customers refusing to pay the VAT when the item arrives as per new customs regs. Then we can't get the item back and the customer doesn't have their item.

IMPORTANT INFO:

We've now sold out the first allocation ETA 11/02

We still have units left on the allocation ETA 28/02
Am I able to get a replacement unit from the February 28th allocation please?

I've previously mentioned my fan noise issues. This is what it sounds like: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euok9z1zeqQ

It's not constant. Sometimes when I turn the monitor on it happens, then it will stop after a certain amount of time, which might be a few minutes, or it might be an hour, but it's clearly not acceptable for an 800 quid monitor.

Associate
Am I able to get a replacement unit from the February 28th allocation please?

I've previously mentioned my fan noise issues. This is what it sounds like: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euok9z1zeqQ

It's not constant. Sometimes when I turn the monitor on it happens, then it will stop after a certain amount of time, which might be a few minutes, or it might be an hour, but it's clearly not acceptable for an 800 quid monitor.
I have the same issue. :(

Associate
I have the same issue. :(
I wonder why it goes away after a while. It's weird, cos it's not like it goes away and then randomly comes back. Once it goes away, the only time it comes back is if the monitor is turned off/goes to sleep, and is then turned back on/woken up.

Based on what someone said earlier in this thread, it seems that Overclockers pass the buck to the manufacturer once their 30 day return period is up, even though they are legally obliged to deal with problems like this. I hope that's not the case.

Are you going to get yours replaced too?

Associate
I wonder why it goes away after a while. It's weird, cos it's not like it goes away and then randomly comes back. Once it goes away, the only time it comes back is if the monitor is turned off/goes to sleep, and is then turned back on/woken up.

Based on what someone said earlier in this thread, it seems that Overclockers pass the buck to the manufacturer once their 30 day return period is up, even though they are legally obliged to deal with problems like this. I hope that's not the case.

Are you going to get yours replaced too?
I bought from Best Buy and they have a stupid 15 day return window. I discovered Gsync black screen issue on day 17.
I'd have to go to LG themselves and while the monitor is shipping to them, being "fixed", coming back, I have no monitor to use so I'd have to buy another monitor.

Associate
I sent my in for RMA and return unit still has flicker. Got it back around October. It's a firmware bug as far as I can tell. I recently dropped down to disable display stream compression (which limits to 120hz) and it doesn't happen anymore.

I was excited because I was 1/20/2022 as an OSD date on LGs website, but all they did was repost the old 7.24 version.

Associate
The firmware update promised is nowhere in sight so apparently, it's not an easy fix(if there is a fix at all). Even though I keep warning people not to buy this monitor I keep seeing people saying:" I finally got the monitor hopefully by the time I get it the firmware will be out! " I mean, come on, this monitor had this display port issue since day one which was 8 months ago and still no fix in sight!! Stop supporting this type of behavior from these companies!

Associate
I still have the same issue since day one, for a £800 monitor this is not acceptable. It is also marketed at competitive gaming, imagine if you are in a 100k tournament 1vs1 and you get a black screen mid fight :O

Associate
I've had this monitor since the batch that arrived in July 2021. Like many of you, never had an issue until I switched to DP - which I did when I built my new PC. I noticed a pattern with black screens where they would only occur after Windows had put the monitor to sleep due to inactivity. After the monitor would wake up, I'd be plagued by them. I went into the Windows power settings and disabled this feature, and since then, I've not had a single black screen (2 months now). It's not ideal for energy saving, but hopefully can help some of you.

Associate
I've had this monitor since the batch that arrived in July 2021. Like many of you, never had an issue until I switched to DP - which I did when I built my new PC. I noticed a pattern with black screens where they would only occur after Windows had put the monitor to sleep due to inactivity. After the monitor would wake up, I'd be plagued by them. I went into the Windows power settings and disabled this feature, and since then, I've not had a single black screen (2 months now). It's not ideal for energy saving, but hopefully can help some of you.

This is a separate issue not related to the one we are talking about.

Associate
This is a separate issue not related to the one we are talking about.
How is it not related? I've been following this discussion since even before my monitor arrived. I no longer have the random black screen flashes that occur when using 144Hz+. I'm just sharing my experience that I only had these issues once the monitor wakes up after an idle sleep. But thanks for gatekeeping the discussion...

Associate
Afaik that issue was corrected with an early firmware update. I haven't heard about this particular issue for a long time so I assumed it was resolved. I Guess this monitor continues surprising us with all its defects.

Back
Top Bottom