Microsoft acquire Activision

Soldato
Maybe my experience is surprisingly not representative of the best case scenario. This is great news if it can be replicated for me as I have no desire to cling onto physical hardware of the results are the same or better.

I would think my experience isn't typical, but i've no idea why. with a one s and a pc both wired on the same network, the one s is just better. I played through a lot of Control on the one s with no issues at all and with better graphics than i'd have playing it natively. Forza was even just fine, whereas on the pc it was borderline unplayable. It doesnt make a lot of sense but this is Microsoft we're talking about ...

Man of Honour
I would think my experience isn't typical, but i've no idea why. with a one s and a pc both wired on the same network, the one s is just better. I played through a lot of Control on the one s with no issues at all and with better graphics than i'd have playing it natively. Forza was even just fine, whereas on the pc it was borderline unplayable. It doesnt make a lot of sense but this is Microsoft we're talking about ...

I tried streaming Halo Infinite on my Series X last night and it was impossible to get even half my usual K/D ratio in ranked Onyx games.

It seemed the same as streaming on the PC to me. It felt like I was playing drunk with everything feeling sluggish and delayed, and having to always correct overshooting my target. This is with a 7ms point to the local MS data center.

Man of Honour

I see no one replied to your post about it in the PlayStation 5 thread.

Good on Sony for getting a GaaS developer on board, they need many more if they are going to offer a game pass type of service. Their one-and-done style of first party games are all very similar and not suitable for that type of service.

Soldato
I see no one replied to your post about it in the PlayStation 5 thread.

Good on Sony for getting a GaaS developer on board, they need many more if they are going to offer a game pass type of service. Their one-and-done style of first party games are all very similar and not suitable for that type of service.
they already have a gamepass its called PSN NOW and u can play many games for free.

Sony will probably buy konami and square inc next

Permabanned
Ubisoft would a possible biggish get for them, EA or Taketwo are just too big for them.

Ubisoft has some good IPs, quite a few studios etc and with some guidance they could be a great buy. The last 2-3 AC games have been excellent and are household names.

I think with bungie it’s the tech and experience they have purchased filling a gap in their own. 3.6B seems a lot for one studio with one IP though given what MS paid for Bathesda (seems like a steal now considering recent acquisitions)

aside from ubi I think Sony will do fine just picking up good studios here and there, like they did with insomniac, blue point adding to their own library of studios.

Man of Honour
Sega and Capcom are the next interesting companies from an IP perspective, and Sega have been peeing their goodwill down the toilet for years so they could be seen to be at a good place to buy much like Activision and Bethesda were.

MS seem to prefer buying companies with a good recent history and phenomenal IP that have fallen from grace at the moment of purchase, while Sony buy companies that are at the top of their game (Insomniac, Bungie, etc.).

I doubt anyone would buy EA as most of their big selling franchises will have to be developed for all major platforms due to licencing.

Soldato
Don't understand why everyone is all for subscription based services.

It takes away consumer power.
The value of paying for gamepass vs purchasing individual games in the traditional sense makes it a no brainer. It would take an exceptional game outside of gamepass to get my money these days.

Back
Top Bottom