Greta Thunberg

Man of Honour
Why do you think that I don't read the articles that I post? [..]

The articles usually don't support the claim for which you cite them as supporting evidence, are meaningless content-free clickbait or are corporate/political puff pieces for a business (effectively an advert). Or some combination of the above. If you read more than the titles, you'd know that. So you either don't read anything more than the titles or you're lying. I chose the nicer of the two options. Maybe you skip through some of them using a find function in order to find keywords and let your epic confirmation bias fill in the rest.

The most recent example being when you cited an article that mentioned the effects of changes in the sun in about a billion years and claimed that was evidence of the very near future effects of using fossil fuels. You even quoted the relevant sentence, including the reference to a timescale of about a billion years!

EDIT: If you want an example of how to do the job properly, I suggest this post on the best general area of electricity generation to replace fossil fuels:

UK Power Industry - a turning point?

I think they're wrong on some key points. They're under-estimating the cost of renewables by a factor of 10 or more because they're using nameplate capacity (which is effectively fictional for renewables as it's common for them to generate less than 10% of nameplate capacity and they never generate their nameplate capacity) and they're comparing the most optimistic projections for future batteries that might never exist at the required scale with existing nuclear fission technology that does exist now and they're greatly increasing the cost of it for some reason, but there is substance to their argument and the articles they cite are relevant and do support their argument. I'll probably reply to them and it will probably take me a while as I will have to thoroughly read the articles they cite, construct an equally valid counter-argument and find articles in support of it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why we have warning labels on shampoo bottles.

I thought that was to avoid frivolous lawsuits in places where such things are possible. Or maybe to comply with regulations that work well enough but favour over-regulation in order to avoid loopholes. The classic example being medicine for young children that contains the usual "Do not drive or operate heavy machinery" line.

Caporegime
I thought that was to avoid frivolous lawsuits in places where such things are possible. Or maybe to comply with regulations that work well enough but favour over-regulation in order to avoid loopholes. The classic example being medicine for young children that contains the usual "Do not drive or operate heavy machinery" line.

That's the effect. The cause is that people are too stupid to be trusted to not do things like this.

But you knew that already, didn't you :p

Permabanned
the 95% agree is true .. 95% of people believe what there told and agree with it .. i'm so glad i'm in the 5% club .. the earths own protection will not let us over heat ... we will only go cold .. not the winter cold but a true cold .. uk at -60 deg c .. whether it happens in 20 or 200 yrs .. my guess is 70-80 it's coming a true glacial will wipe out most of human kind .. but greed is blinding most that can do something while the sheepole just go about there normal day as programed .. glad i've only got at the most 25 yrs left but enough time to say told ya so :)

Man of Honour
Someone sent me a WhatsApp today, Greta is holding up a placard which says;
“I take back everything I said about Global Warming, I am ******* freezing!”

Caporegime
the 95% agree is true .. 95% of people believe what there told and agree with it .. i'm so glad i'm in the 5% club .. the earths own protection will not let us over heat ... we will only go cold .. not the winter cold but a true cold .. uk at -60 deg c .. whether it happens in 20 or 200 yrs .. my guess is 70-80 it's coming a true glacial will wipe out most of human kind .. but greed is blinding most that can do something while the sheepole just go about there normal day as programed .. glad i've only got at the most 25 yrs left but enough time to say told ya so :)

I'm in the Global warming is a money making scam camp.
if c02 is so bad why when grown in a controlled environment do plants/trees benefit so greatly from vastly increased co2 levels?

They are essentially starving right now....

as co2 levels rise surely vegetation grows at an increased pace and starts to compensate.

whys the earth gotta be "just this warm, just this cold, just this wet"

why can't it fluctuate like a pendulum from one extreme to the other still trying to find a balance?

maybe c02 rising helps that balance....

global warming come on bruh... it's basically becoming a way to control populations at this point.

everyones being indoctrinated the kids are growing up thinking the planet is dying and terrified out of their little minds like some monster story....
they are making sure no one will question the narrative....

there's no debate it's being hard encoded into peoples fragile little minds that c02 is bad, people are bad, it's our fault

the wealthy don't seem to change their life styles they don't seem to care apart from to lobby for vast sums of money to fix a problem they seemingly created from their life styles anyway.... how about we just kill all the jet setters, the greedy rich people.

c02 will surely fix it self once they are gone. instead the poor and average people are expected to pick up the burden caused by the wealth creation for the elites.

it's just a scam....

Associate
Finlands winters are warming dramatically, so are the summers. The sea is also rising and the icebergs melting away. There are more natural disasters per year and they seem typically worse. And in all the while we don't actually sympathise and begin to understand that we are essentially destroying the planet for fuel and an economy based on paper, or now digital, items of relative insignificance but only to fuel our own greed. Must just be coincidence.

Soldato
Finlands winters are warming dramatically, so are the summers.

Still a bit chilly though. My Brother-in-Law just got back from the far North of Finland a few days ago and sent us some photos of him looking at the underside of a motorway bridge. It was only when I saw his comment about how he was standing in the middle of a river, admiring the underside of a bridge that I realised it wasn't a road he was standing on. :D Think he said it was either -25 or -35. I prefer the cooler weather, but I can't imagine how you fellas manage to live in that low of a temperature.

Permabanned
So, Greta is right. Who would have thought? :D

Scotland Aims to Save Wild Salmon By Planting Millions of Trees Along the Rivers (goodnewsnetwork.org)

"With salmon spawning rivers in Scotland reaching record temperatures, the country has launched a mass native tree-planting campaign to cloak the shallows in shade in order to protect the frigid waters the salmon prefer.

Last spawning season for at least one day, the water temperatures in 70% of the spawning grounds were recorded as “too high” for salmon eggs to survive. But freshwater biologists discovered that only 30% of the riverine mileage had adequate tree cover to keep water temperatures cool throughout the day."

Soldato
Still a bit chilly though. My Brother-in-Law just got back from the far North of Finland a few days ago and sent us some photos of him looking at the underside of a motorway bridge. It was only when I saw his comment about how he was standing in the middle of a river, admiring the underside of a bridge that I realised it wasn't a road he was standing on. :D Think he said it was either -25 or -35. I prefer the cooler weather, but I can't imagine how you fellas manage to live in that low of a temperature.

Last time I was in Finland - four years ago I think - it was -27C in the middle of Helsinki city centre and that was with no wind. With wind chill it would have been really harshly cold, and that's in the middle of the capital city with all it's heated buildings and lighting etc. Some places are just always going to be frigid in the middle of winter.

Permabanned
Last time I was in Finland - four years ago I think - it was -27C in the middle of Helsinki city centre and that was with no wind. With wind chill it would have been really harshly cold, and that's in the middle of the capital city with all it's heated buildings and lighting etc. Some places are just always going to be frigid in the middle of winter.

Minus 27 for as far as north as Finland is nothing, the record min here (much to the South) is minus 38 degrees :D (year 1947).

Caporegime
So, Greta is right. Who would have thought? :D

Scotland Aims to Save Wild Salmon By Planting Millions of Trees Along the Rivers (goodnewsnetwork.org)

"With salmon spawning rivers in Scotland reaching record temperatures, the country has launched a mass native tree-planting campaign to cloak the shallows in shade in order to protect the frigid waters the salmon prefer.

Last spawning season for at least one day, the water temperatures in 70% of the spawning grounds were recorded as “too high” for salmon eggs to survive. But freshwater biologists discovered that only 30% of the riverine mileage had adequate tree cover to keep water temperatures cool throughout the day."

Translation:

Look everyone, I've found another tiny little website which suits my agenda and conveniently doesn't mention anything other than what I want it to say, look! look! I've been right all along. Don't question me though, for I am as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle and will not respond with anything worth reading.

That site has less visitors than this forum ffs :D

Average visit duration? 96 seconds. Say it out loud: ninety six seconds. Probably all idiots who use it as a source for their rubbish on forums!

Associate
I'm in the Global warming is a money making scam camp.
if c02 is so bad why when grown in a controlled environment do plants/trees benefit so greatly from vastly increased co2 levels?
Controlled enviroments feed them better, they get better nutriants more frequently, taylored to suit therir needs. You never fed a plant before?

They are essentially starving right now....
No they are full to the gunnels, thats the problem, they can't they can't breathe in any more than we can oxgen.

as co2 levels rise surely vegetation grows at an increased pace and starts to compensate.
No as above the leaves can onlt take so much

whys the earth gotta be "just this warm, just this cold, just this wet"
Because it maintains the balance that stops the ice caps melting or the seas freezing over

why can't it fluctuate like a pendulum from one extreme to the other still trying to find a balance?
Because humanity has evolved far more aggresivly that nature. We spew out CO2 with everything we do, industry and transport being the main culprit.
maybe c02 rising helps that balance....

global warming come on bruh... it's basically becoming a way to control populations at this point.
Who's, controling the populations? China can only have 2 kids, used to be 1 but no other country is doing that.

everyones being indoctrinated the kids are growing up thinking the planet is dying and terrified out of their little minds like some monster story....
they are making sure no one will question the narrative....
The planet is dying, just very slowly but if we don't change a few generations from now will get it much worse than us

there's no debate it's being hard encoded into peoples fragile little minds that c02 is bad, people are bad, it's our fault
So CO2 isn't bad then?

the wealthy don't seem to change their life styles they don't seem to care apart from to lobby for vast sums of money to fix a problem they seemingly created from their life styles anyway.... how about we just kill all the jet setters, the greedy rich people.
True, but it's the rich who pay our wages, they control the jobs we need, thats why they are rich, but there isn't that many of them when you take into account the worlds population, just 1% , called the 1%ers for a reason.
The other 99% of us drive our cars heat our houses with gas, power our PC'c with electricity nearly all generated with fossil fuels we are the problem.

c02 will surely fix it self once they are gone. instead the poor and average people are expected to pick up the burden caused by the wealth creation for the elites.
Gone where? We murder them? Then what we stop driving our cars and sit round camp fired sining Kumbayah
it's just a scam....
Scams make money, doing something about climate change costs billions

Back
Top Bottom